• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

[Other Metagame] Move Equality

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
[Insert amazing artwork with Excadrill driving a bulldozer here]
Move Equality
Move Equality is based around one premise: all moves have the same base powers. Therefore, the viability of a move comes entirely from its accuracy and secondary/tertiary effects.

Mechanics
All attacks which have fixed base powers (i.e. do not change under any circumstances other than STAB, super effectiveness or as the result of an ability) have 100 BP. However, if an attack deals static damage or as positive or negative priority on the damaging hit, it does not change its power. Just for reference, the list of unchanged moves is hidden below:
Quick Attack
Mach Punch
Aqua Jet
Bullet Punch
Ice Shard
Shadow Sneak
Vacuum Wave
Sucker Punch
ExtremeSpeed
Fake Out
Feint
Water Shuriken
Focus Punch
Avalanche
Revenge
Circle Throw
Dragon Tail
Vital Throw
Rollout
Ice Ball
Bulldoze
Earthquake
Psywave
Magnitude
Fling
Brine
Stomp
Steamroller
Body Slam
Dragon Rush
Flying Press
Phantom Force
Wake Up Slap
Smelling Salts
Hex
Venoshock
Hurricane
Solar Beam
Gust
Thunder
Twister
Sky Uppercut
Smack Down
Surf
Whirlpool
Pursuit
Stored Power
Knock Off
Payback
Assurance
Punishment
Weather Ball
Return
Frustration
Spit Up
Beat Up
Triple Kick
Trump Card
Super Fang
Nature Power
Eruption
Water Spout
Gyro Ball
Electro Ball
Acrobatics
Fury Cutter
Echoed Voice
Round
Present
Natural Gift
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Guillotine
Horn Drill
Low Kick
Grass Knot
Heavy Slam
Heat Crash
Flail
Reversal
Wring Out
Crush Grip
Fire Pledge
Water Pledge
Grass Pledge
Counter
Mirror Coat
Metal Burst
Bide
Seismic Toss
Night Shade
Dragon Rage
Sonic Boom
Endeavor
Final Gambit
If anyone finds any moves missing from there, please tell me in the thread and I will fix it ASAP.
The formula for the base power of each strike for attacks which strike more than once are as follows: 100÷[maximum number of hits]. For example, Fury Attack is 20 BP and Double Hit is 50 BP.

Rules
  • Standard OU clauses apply.
  • Landorus-I, Greninja, Deoxys-S, Deoxys-D, Aegislash and Mega Metagross are banned.
  • Mud Slap is banned because it is uncompetitive.
  • Item Clause is disabled.
Bans may be changed if necessary.
Kyurem-B is currently crying in a corner as it still lacks a physical Ice-type STAB move

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Reserved

Cannu

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Journalist
Credits
I like the sound of this :)

I'm considering creating some kind of special monthly metagame or even something permanent, but I like the sound of this however I think there's a lot that would need to be polished up to prevent the standard move sets coming through.

I'll bring this up with Matt ;)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like the sound of this :)

I'm considering creating some kind of special monthly metagame or even something permanent, but I like the sound of this however I think there's a lot that would need to be polished up to prevent the standard move sets coming through.

I'll bring this up with Matt ;)
Don't worry, I've already been informed about all of this :p

I'm planning to implement an OMotM system where we take metagame ideas and produce two every month - this looks like one of the two set for June if I can get the coding right.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Just posting to say that I am looking for some artwork to put in the OP. I will give credit to the artist, and I have put the kind of thing I was thinking about at the top of the page - so feel free to take a gander if you are interrested.

edit: Also, I am going to be making a modification to the meta later. It will be more balanced than what I have now, as well as better implemented/thought out than the current meta.

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Sorry to double post, but I feel it is necessary in this instance. The metagame is no longer the same as what is coded on the server, so this will need to be re-coded before it will be playable.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Code:
{
        name: "Move Equality",
        section: "OM of the Month",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite', 'Salamencite', 'Metagrossite', 'Landorus', 'Mud Slap', 'Aegislash', 'Greninja'],
        onModifyMove: function (move, pokemon) {
            if (!move.priority && !move.basePowerCallback && move.category !== 'Status' && move.id !== 'bide' && move.id !== 'magnitude' && move.id !== 'stomp'
                && move.id !== 'steamroller' && move.id !== 'bodyslam' && move.id !== 'flyingpress' && move.id !== 'dragonrush' && move.id !== 'phantomforce'
                && move.id !== 'shadowforce') move.basePower = 100;
                //Move.damage bypasses base power regardless.
            if (move.multihit) {
                if (typeof(move.multihit) === 'number') {
                    move.basePower = 100/move.multihit;
                } else {
                    move.basePower = 100/move.multihit[1];
                }
            }
        }
    },

I believe this code should actually work - I'm testing it on the server in a second.