The Perfect Pokemon App on Android and iOS
Pokedex Editing Team

New PP Twitch/Youtube Series - Nuzlocke? (Plz Vote)

Discussion in 'Nuzlocke Adventures' started by doulie, Aug 21, 2015.

?

What should the play through challenge be?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2015.
  1. Nuzlocke

36.4%
  2. A Modified Nuzlocke

45.5%
  3. Something Different!

18.2%
  1. doulie

doulie King of the Ring Staff Member Team XIT

Credit:
    ¤1,724
    I will be starting a new series soon on both Twitch and the Official Perfect Pokemon Youtube. It will be a challenged play through of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

What should the play through challenge be?
    1. Nuzlocke
    2. A Modified Nuzlocke
    3. Something Different!

If you'll like to see a modified version of Nuzlocke or something completely different, please explain below. Read about Nuzlocke here.

The poll will be open for 7 days, so please vote. I will probably go with which ever option gets the most votes.

Thanks.
    AceBreeder-Brock likes this.
  2. Dom

Dom The People's Champ Let It Reign Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Iron Will Friendzilla Donor Team Nova

Credit:
    ¤416
    A basic nuzlocke but randomized starters, encounters, etc

Randomized nuzlockes are much more exciting and less predictable, more fun to play, more fun to watch IMO
    AceBreeder-Brock likes this.
  3. doulie

Credit:
    ¤1,724
    Please explain a bit more how this would work. And how its different from the regular Nuzlocke challenge.

Thanks
  4. Dom

Dom The People's Champ Let It Reign Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Iron Will Friendzilla Donor Team Nova

Credit:
    ¤416
    Are you doing an emulator on the computer or are you physically using your DS?
  5. doulie

Credit:
    ¤1,724
    Physical play through.

I don't think an ORAS rom or a 3DS emulator exists.
  6. tmbate

tmbate Pokémon Champion Donor Team Leafwind

Credit:
    ¤434
    You could try a wonderlocke.
  7. AceBreeder-Brock

AceBreeder-Brock Scorched Boulders Staff Member Will Not Fall Smaug Trusted Seller Badge Tournament Coordinator Journalist Dex Contributor Iron Will Friendzilla Donor Team Nova

Credit:
    ¤597
    Gotta agree with Dom here the one he's describing is my favorite type of locke I watched the most playthroughs on YT out of all the other types of lockes and because the pkmn are so random its much more exciting #Voted
  8. Cheza

Cheza Fabulous Fruit Staff Member Team Elite Will Not Fall Smaug Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Friendzilla Donor

Credit:
    ¤388
    There are many different types of "challenges", it should be named based on what challenge you're doing.

The randomized nuzlocke would require a rom I believe, you use a program to randomize all Pokemon you encounter, trainers Pokemon and items + TMs if you want. If you're using a cartridge you wouldn't be able to do this.

Me and @Yungfaux are doing a Soul Link Egglocke of Heart Gold & Soul Silver on the YouTube soon, the Soul Link part would require two people playing the same / similar game but you could do the Egglocke part.

- You play the game like a nuzlocke but instead of using the Pokemon you catch in the wild you switch them out for an egg in the pc (which is hatched with a quick hatch cheat). You'd need people to send you lots of eggs!

Hmmm there is another challenge that is like a nuzlocke but when you're catching Pokemon you have to catch an even amount of male and female Pokemon... example on route 1 you catch a male Pokemon, on route 2 you'd have to find them a female partner (cannot catch a male). If one of those Pokemon faint you'd have to catch them a new partner on a new route... I'm not completely sure about this one, anyone know what I'm talking about? xD

**You could always just do a regular nuzlocke though but add extra rules to make it very difficult, like only allowed to use the Pokemon center so many times (overall or in each city), not allowed to use potions while in a battle (really hard).
    AceBreeder-Brock and Yungfaux like this.