• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Nuzlocke anyone?

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hi guys, i was thinking of downloading an emulator and doing a nuzlocke with a randomizer on it. I would then proceed to write down my nuzlocke story in a descriptive way, Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing, following my journey to see how far i get. If you guys like it give me some ideas about which game you would like me to play. I may even be able to do polls about what pokemon should be my starter out of the 3 i have been given etc.

Please tell me your thoughts and if there is anything else you think i could or should add please write it down here for everyone to see.

Oli

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd read up on it, I would recommend doing a ROM if you know what those are, they are cool if you wanna change it up a bit otherwise maybe emerald/ruby/saphire Gen 3 was the best no doubt

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
i already have a gba emulator with pokemon fire red/ leaf green on it, i know the game so well, i loved ruby but i have not played it in a long time. I was thinking of using the general nuzlocke rules, not doing no healing at poke centres or anything like that as i think it would make the writing very difficult.

pokemaster34

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I play FireRed Omega on VBA its just like firered but with gen 1-3 pokemon in it and is known for being really hard

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
i dont mind things being hard, but i like the proper games mainly because they have randomisers on them which make the game very different and interesting and you will always get attached to your pokemon in a nuzlocke, so this allows for more writing variety. I will have to look into FireRed Omega it seems. There are so many out there. I have to remember its going to be quite a big project, unfortunately i am not an artist so i cant do comic drawings of what happens. If anyone is up for it when i write the script we can post them both together, ill send the script to you first so you can draw. If it goes well we can start doing them in colour. anyone interested?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I'm doing a nuzlocke on emerald right now, it is a lot of fun, and I can't wait to hear of your tales!!! ^_^

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
i have looked at fire red omega and it looks difficult, they have changed the move sets and stats around, given gym leaders 6 pokemon. its less randomised but they have put in more pokemon. I like the idea of playing it normally. However i think for a nuzlocke i think that it may be a bit difficult with the first time playing it if i was to have any hope. So i am thinking of maybe doing emerald, because ive played ruby and sapphire but not emerald. Hopefully there is a good randomiser that doesnt make it so when you surf theres level 100 pokemon, thats what happened in the last one i used.

ok so ill take it from you guys:
1. Pokemon Emerald
2. Pokemon Fire Red/ Leafe Green

Anyone also know if there is a randomiser with gen 6 pokes in yet?

oashworth

Youngster Joey
Credits
Oh also, should i name my pokemon after people on the website, or should i name then whatever i want to?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Oh also, should i name my pokemon after people on the website, or should i name then whatever i want to?
It's your game ! Your rules! :D

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

I think it'd be kinda funny to see familiar names from the site, but its totally your call. ^-^

testing