• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon Fanart!

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
fe790da356e553d3d52d382caa8ba552.jpg

(Unknown Artist)

Crimsonhorror

Pokémon Champion
Credits
It's cool to share your favourite fanarts but please find the original source link as a respect to the original artists (I see some awesome fanarts with no source or link to find the artist :(). If the original source cannot be found I wound encourage to post fanarts you know the source to as an alternative :)

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
It's cool to share your favourite fanarts but please find the original source link as a respect to the original artists (I see some awesome fanarts with no source or link to find the artist :(). If the original source cannot be found I wound encourage to post fanarts you know the source to as an alternative :)

Eh, when I put things on the internet, its with the knowledge that people can freely reuse it. It is not a bad thing. If someone reuses it, it gets out more. You can also right click the picture for image url to see where it was copied from.

Crimsonhorror

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Eh, when I put things on the internet, its with the knowledge that people can freely reuse it. It is not a bad thing. If someone reuses it, it gets out more. You can also right click the picture for image url to see where it was copied from.

Thank you for the tip about the right click, it works most of the time but it seem to not work on the fanarts with no source I'm afraid. What I was trying to say in the previous post was that it is important to have a source link to the original artist as a show of respect to them and credit their work and allow other people to recognise that it is their work that we see.

You are a kind person who don't mind people reusing your work freely with no credit and that is cool. Some artists are cool with people reposting their art and that's fine, however it is also important to keep in mind that not all artists think that way we should respect that as well.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Thank you for the tip about the right click, it works most of the time but it seem to not work on the fanarts with no source I'm afraid. What I was trying to say in the previous post was that it is important to have a source link to the original artist as a show of respect to them and credit their work and allow other people to recognise that it is their work that we see.

You are a kind person who don't mind people reusing your work freely with no credit and that is cool. Some artists are cool with people reposting their art and that's fine, however it is also important to keep in mind that not all artists think that way we should respect that as well.

Idk in my opinion if they don't like it, don't post it on the internet :p. The internet is not a place for the sensitive for sure

Crimsonhorror

Pokémon Champion
Credits

Crimsonhorror

Pokémon Champion
Credits

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
@Saya Kisaragi The original artist who drew the gardevoir and gallade fanart is http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=39880557

Here's a helpful link that helps teach everyone how to find and source images properly (please pardon the language used in the post, the search tools near the end are useful too):
http://carbunculus.tumblr.com/post/22708415702/how-to-source-images-properly-for-idiots

It's important considering we are posting multiple fanarts in this thread.
I'm not going to argue with you, but if linking an artist is so important than almost every thread with a pic in the general chat should have a link to its artist. And with this, the topic needs to return to what the OP states.

testing