• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire gameplay

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Gameplay confirms X/Y-like 3D Enviorment

Nintendo has shared the first gameplay preview of Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire, the upcoming "full remakes" of Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire.According to a screenshot from Serebii brief trailer (posted above), the games will feature full 3D graphics similar to Pokemon X / Y. It is unknown at this time if the games will also feature X / Y's other gameplay invention, Mega Evolutions.

Like a normal evolution, Mega Evolutions grant a pokemon extra power and change its physical appearance. However, Mega Evolutions are temporary, and only last for a single battle. The Mega Evolution forms of pokemon who can utilize them are also not counted in the franchise's expansive pokedex.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I really hope Mega Evolution is a thing in this game, which it probably will be, but just in case. *crosses fingers*
They aren't gonna get rid of megas, but maybe they won't add new megas?

Windie1

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Mega evolution is huge and diversifies everything. I highly doubt they would drop it.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
It's part of the same generation as XandY, as long as that is true, all items will stay the same, maybe some new ones in this game

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Mega evolution is huge and diversifies everything. I highly doubt they would drop it.
It's part of the same generation as XandY, as long as that is true, all items will stay the same, maybe some new ones in this game

I'm just saying they have been very vague on all the details of the release, so unless you have a credible source to show me, nothing is definite.

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
I'm just saying they have been very vague on all the details of the release, so unless you have a credible source to show me, nothing is definite.
Amen.
It's like saying Ruby & Sapphire would have animated sprites because Crystal did.
That was such a big deal to some people because an older game had animated sprites and a newer one didn't.

Charizard101

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I think all the starters should get mega evolution and some ledgends should get it to gust to make uber battles more fun

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I think all the starters should get mega evolution and some ledgends should get it to gust to make uber battles more fun

imo ubers are the last things that should get megas because they are uber, they don't need to be more powerful.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
imo ubers are the last things that should get megas because they are uber, they don't need to be more powerful.
Gamefreak doesn't really care about power, or the meta game, they care about popularity and getting money. Giving Ubers Megas reels in the childrens' attention, and they will make more off of it.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Gamefreak doesn't really care about power, or the meta game, they care about popularity and getting money. Giving Ubers Megas reels in the childrens' attention, and they will make more off of it.

What did I say about having a credible source when you talk about things as if they are fact? :eek:

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
I agree to an extent. I'm not an Ubers battler, but I do think that more Megas for A few Ubers wouldn't hurt that section of the meta game. But I think that would just make the in-game play too easy

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

That's like saying that kids like cake so they should give a free cake with the purchase of a game. Yes they want to do things that make them money but they have common sense.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

testing