Pokemon x and y

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
The X chromosome is notably larger and has a more active euchromatin region than its Y chromosome counterpart. Further comparison of the X and Y reveal regions of homology between the two. However, the corresponding region in the Y appears far shorter and lacks regions that are conserved in the X throughout primate species, implying a genetic degeneration for Y in that region. Because males have only one X chromosome, they are more likely to have an X chromosome-related disease.

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
These diseases gained from the X Chromosomes can result in mutation of the body, while the Y Chromosome is usually more stable

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
Thats what I think on the matter, and if that was Nintendo's idea, they did a good job :p

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
These diseases gained from the X Chromosomes can result in mutation of the body, while the Y Chromosome is usually more stable
That's why I love Biology and everything stemming from it...musical...
That actually really makes sense. I never thought of it that way, so it stands for reason that with chromosomes really playing a part, it seems, that the next game could be Pokemon Z? Although, isn't there a W chromosome in some life that pairs with Z?

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
I believe so, but if Nintendo did do that, they might end up confusing the Children in the franchise, because W seems relatively out of place. A prequel game maybe? Who knows

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I believe so, but if Nintendo did do that, they might end up confusing the Children in the franchise, because W seems relatively out of place. A prequel game maybe? Who knows
True. I did like how B/W was followed by B2/W2. I just felt like X/Y sort of dropped off in the story, just ended. I hope there's a sequel, or at least another game before Gen 7.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
its based on norse mythology
Ya, and "X and Y" I believe stand for coordinates. Z may come out, give the coordinates a 3D meaning, which makes sense since the game is on the 3ds

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
It's interesting that in pokemon x and y I'll say "hey... Imma walk over there... and.. stop" but when you take a set OMG now you have roller blade feet OoO why did this happen? I didn't want roller blade feet, I just wanted to walk normally like in every other pokemon game, but the main walking control was turning into wheels, and if you wish to chain shiny pokemon it's so easy to move the main walking stick and ruin it ;U; why.. why why why...

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
It's interesting that in pokemon x and y I'll say "hey... Imma walk over there... and.. stop" but when you take a set OMG now you have roller blade feet OoO why did this happen? I didn't want roller blade feet, I just wanted to walk normally like in every other pokemon game, but the main walk.ing control was turning into wheels, and if you wish to chain shiny pokemon it's so easy to move the main walking stick and ruin it ;U; why.. why why why...

Yeah, even by just facing a new direction, not truly moving another tile away, we ruin our shiny chain! It's crazy.

And I guess I can see that Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are all representatives of the 3D axes, with Norse mythology thrown in the mix, but I still feel like, based on Zygarde's physical appearance as a computer-y monster and Mewtwo's reappearance, I definitely believe there's enough evidence to support that there's biological Hoopa hoopla thrown into the mix, not just sole mythology and axes. The Z chromosome does exist (and is more commonly known than the W chromosome), so I guess there's just a melting pot of ideas. I haven't really taken Pokemon this deeply before.

Perhaps Pokemon Z/X2Y2, etc is a sequel? That'd be great, and maybe the story opens up more with a biological vs. scientific thing, like with Mewtwo as the clone as Mew. Maybe I'm holding on to this too much, but I find that Mewtwo's reappearance as a non-event legendary is too significant.

MrBR

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
There's always a sequel/2nd game and they always have move tutors. It's been that way since gen 1/2

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
There's always a sequel/2nd game and they always have move tutors. It's been that way since gen 1/2
Yellow had move tutors?

MrBR

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
no, crystal did, but I meant their being a second game since gen 1

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
no, crystal did, but I meant their being a second game since gen 1
Yeah, that'd be great. *hopes for science vs pokemon all over again with Mew vs. Mewtwo and Ash punching Mewtwo in the face again*

kopy456

The Reversed Fighter
Credits
MY BEAUTIFUL SCIENTIFIC THREAD!!!
*crys*

testing