• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Tag! 3.0

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I thought I'd revive the tag thread :p

For those of you that don't know, I will list 3 questions every Wednesday and then you can tag 3 other people to answer the questions as well :]

This week, the questions will be:
  1. How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon (if you are)? :p
  2. What was your favourite game of last year and why?
  3. Who is your favourite Elite Four or Champion member from any game?

1. I'I believe I first go into competitive in around 2012 when I finally worked out what IVs were lol. After that, my first few OU teams were pretty stall driven, but a lot of my ideas were rooted in 2012 and 2013 VGC. By 2013 and 14, I was getting pretty good now, and this only increased with my time on PP :]
  2. I've got to give that award to Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, just due to its sheer advancements on the original. The game finally had depth, it wasn't nearly impossible to get round it the first time and it has tonnes of re-playability value! I guess second would have to be ORAS :p
  3. I would say my favourite Elite Four/Champion member would have to be Drake just because of his swaggy attitude and choice of mono... You can probably tell Dragon is one of my favourite types :p
I'm gonna go tag @Dom @AndromedaNexus and @Gold 2.0 :]

Have fun!

Warning: If you post without being tagged, you will instantly get an official warning. We are tired of putting up with people commenting for the sake of it - just wait your turn :]

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I thought I'd revive the tag thread :p

For those of you that don't know, I will list 3 questions every Wednesday and then you can tag 3 other people to answer the questions as well :]

This week, the questions will be:
  1. How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon (if you are)? :p
  2. What was your favourite game of last year and why?
  3. Who is your favourite Elite Four or Champion member from any game?

1. I'I believe I first go into competitive in around 2012 when I finally worked out what IVs were lol. After that, my first few OU teams were pretty stall driven, but a lot of my ideas were rooted in 2012 and 2013 VGC. By 2013 and 14, I was getting pretty good now, and this only increased with my time on PP :]
  2. I've got to give that award to Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, just due to its sheer advancements on the original. The game finally had depth, it wasn't nearly impossible to get round it the first time and it has tonnes of re-playability value! I guess second would have to be ORAS :p
  3. I would say my favourite Elite Four/Champion member would have to be Drake just because of his swaggy attitude and choice of mono... You can probably tell Dragon is one of my favourite types :p
I'm gonna go tag @Dom @AndromedaNexus and @Gold 2.0 :]

Have fun!

1.When i entered my first tournament here so i think around january 2014 on pokemon Y
2.Probably GTA 5 for next gen because it's so fun, maybe smash, maybe Omega Ruby who knows
3.My son Steven Stone because he's a badass

@phenix @DRAG0NIT3 @Krelbit

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
1. 2010 was when I started competitively battling at the age of 12. First competitive pokemon was actually a Donphan. Idk if anyone knew that but yeah

2. Easily ORAS, just Cuz I don't play many other games.

3. Lance has to be my favorite Champion because of how badass he is. Not to mention dem Dragons

@Niqyue @sebesmos @Iconoclasm

K

Krelbit

1. I never actually got into competitive battling. My first competitive battle was actually 2014 december.
2. It would have to be ORAS. My time has been swallowed whole. Dx
3. Bruno. #GettinSwole

@ericashes @bdubo1 @Chipman42

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
1. I got into competitive battling in bw2 when i discovered Pokemon showdown. And i was an utter noob, i knew nothing about anything. Although i had been playing pokemon since RBY i didnt know anything about the competitive meta. My first competitive pokemon in game was heracross <3
2. I'd say it'd be a tie between X&Y and League of Legends just because they were the games i played the most.
3.My Favorite Elite 4 member is probably bruno from rby, he was probably the easiest to beat but that room and he was an utter badass, and my favorite champion was probably Cynthia, so elegant and gorgeous and badass af she gave me the hardest time out off all the champions for some reason but she just looks fierce.
@notsoclutch @Ary @Saya Kisaragi

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
1) I got into comp. battles mainly to surprise matty but actually wound up kinda liking the challenge.... that some people gave meh at least

2) ummm smash? skyrim? idk honestly those are like the last two games ive actually played in the last year :/ I know im terrible

3) Cynthia cause well she kicks ass lolz

@sebesmos @Cheza @KitaVonKanada

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
1) I got into competitive battling when X and Y came out and with special thanks to August teaching me how to fight competitively.
2) my favorite games last year has to be Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns because I loved playing FFXIII and XIII-2 because of Lightning Farron plus the similarity to Majora's Mask. And next to Lightning Returns is Bravely Default Flying Fairy cause of the great story and amazing reviews it got.
3) Definitely Shirona (Cynthia) cause of her team, her outfit and her personality.

and I'll tag @Yoshino @YveltalLugia @Chooser-of-ways

Chooser-of-ways

Pokémon Champion
Credits
  • I found out about competitive by my friend.
  • What was it last year? Well if we are talking only games that came out last year then I would have to say Pokemon TCG set Furious Fists or SSB4 or OR, but in general last year my favorite was Pokemon XD.
  • Gary "mother f**king" Oak, because, and if you laugh i will hurt you, I've had a crush on Gary and Ash Ketchum. I especially love Ash and Gary fan made stories.
I tag..... @T_and_A , @KitaVonKanada , @phenix

YveltalLugia

Coolin
Credits
1. I got into competitive battling late in the Black and White saga. Thanks to @Chipman42, I ended up battling more people and began to practice on how to train for perfect teams. I didn't know what cores were, but I still managed to get passed any issues I had in battle.
2 Bayonetta 2. BAYONETTA 2! That game is so intense! You fought angels in the first one, but in the second, you get to fight angels and demons! You end up travelling to Hell to rescue your friend and fellow Umbra Witch, Jeanne, from the hands of a female humanoid demon that is planning on using Jeanne's soul for power. I shall not spoil anymore, but it's a really good game. :D
3. GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK. When I was little, each time I got to him, my team was wiped out usually on the first two Pokemon. A bit sad, but that fucker was tough.
TAG! YOU'RE IT! @Chipman42 @matt @notsoclutch

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Krelbit @bdubo1 @Iconoclasm
  1. How and when did you get into competitive Pokemon (if you are): Last year when I found this site.
  2. What was your favourite game of last year and why? Well pokemon of course. X/Y. Smash brothers as well.
  3. Who is your favourite Elite Four or Champion member from any game? Gary duh.
Edit: Opps krelbit already did it.

Iconoclasm

The Archetypal
Credits
Q1: I got into competitive battling in November of 2014 when gold said he wanted to test my prowess. I came in with a goofy as team and got murked hard. I guess it triggered some inner animal in me and it caused me to want to be the very best.

Q2: The game of last year would have to be dragon age inquisition. Let's be honest, the game has everything! And I mean I aLao had the option of playing as drunkard the dwarf.

Q3: My favorite elitist or champ would have to be... Drake because he put an end to my first nuzlocke, because he came to win.

I'm gonna release the trolls!
@Mawile6222
@nicky2300

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
@Zac1297 @KevinDev @justA

1. I got into competitive around when I joined the site last July. I had been looking into it for a little awhile but really didn't know anything about it. I proceeded to start reading more about it and talking to you guys on PP and it was a lot of fun... now I spend way too much time and effort on this silly game xD

2. ORAS... duh xD

3. I've always been a fan of Steven, I always thought he was really cool. I also liked that he was one of the few Elite Four/Champions to actually appear in the storyline.

@ericashes

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
@Zac1297 @KevinDev @justA

1. I got into competitive around when I joined the site last July. I had been looking into it for a little awhile but really didn't know anything about it. I proceeded to start reading more about it and talking to you guys on PP and it was a lot of fun... now I spend way too much time and effort on this silly game xD

2. ORAS... duh xD

3. I've always been a fan of Steven, I always thought he was really cool. I also liked that he was one of the few Elite Four/Champions to actually appear in the storyline.

@ericashes

you cant tag me i already tagged you xDD

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Q1: I technically started competitive battling after getting floored by dragon dance dragonite on a battle spot battle back during the Heart Gold Soul Silver era, but I got serious in BW2 when I started watching Poketubers.

Q2: My favorite game of last year had to be Smash Bros. Cause Smash bros.

Q3: My favorite champion is definitely Cynthia. When I was able to beat her, I felt accomplished. That Garchomp was a pain. Oh and her theme is amazing.

@Blaguard @SoIidSmok3 @MegaHitmonlee

Zac1297

Top Dog
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
1. I got into competitive battling when I started to watched Mr. Bear Gaming stream when he did mult battles sometime last year.
2. My favorite game last year was The Evil Within because it was made by the person that had help make a Resident Evil games.
3. My favorite champion would be Cynthia
@Ibrahim @Alerieva @endyholi

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
1: The first pokes I ever EV trained were a Latios, Weavile, and Snorlax I caught in SoulSilver. I started making teams in the BW era and got serious for XY.

2: Assassin's Creed Unity was great, Destiny is a lot of fun, and of course ORAS is amazing.

3: It's probably a tie between Steven and Cynthia, since steel types are awesome, but that Garchomp was a straight up threat.

@DRAG0NIT3 @AceBreeder-Brock @Miles8089

Alerieva

Youngster Joey
Credits
1. I got introduced to competitive during the BW era when one of my friends at school got me into it since she wanted me to help her RNG and ev train her pokemon

2. My favorite game i played last year was probably bioshock infinite. It was fun and had a cool plot.

3. My favorite champion is definitely Cynthia since she has a sweet design and an awesome theme song

@Sewage @PokeBlasterX @MxMerovian

testing