• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed The 31 days of Halloween

Agatha Christie

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Halloween it here again.
  1. I want you to discuss your favorite Halloween traditions. Plus Fav. Halloween Stories
  2. I also want you to suggest a good Halloween movie to watch this time this year.
  3. Feel free to be creative with your post.
  4. Everyday I will post some interesting facts about Halloween that involve its history and background.
Treat or trick Happy Halloween everyone!
Halloween Facts for 10-3-14
  1. The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
  2. The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl's call meant someone was about to die.
  3. The word “witch” comes from the Old English wicce, meaning “wise woman.” In fact, wiccan were highly respected people at one time. According to popular belief, witches held one of their two main meetings, or sabbats, on Halloween night
  4. Trick-or-treating evolved from the ancient Celtic tradition of putting out treats and food to placate spirits who roamed the streets at Samhain, a sacred festival that marked the end of the Celtic calendar year.
  5. The first known mention of trick-or-treating in print in North America occurred in 1927 in Blackie, Alberta, Canada
  6. Dressing up as ghouls and other spooks originated from the ancient Celtic tradition of townspeople disguising themselves as demons and spirits. The Celts believed that disguising themselves this way would allow them to escape the notice of the real spirits wandering the streets during Samhain

th
th

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Throwback to that one time I went trick or treating when I was six and some old woman gave me her cough drops :/

Agatha Christie

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How cheap can you be to get coup drops? How about this, my great-grandma gave out tums as candy like life-savers. She gave them to her grandchildren like they were candy.o_O

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
How cheap can you be to get coup drops? How about this, my great-grandma gave out tums as candy like life-savers. She gave them to her grandchildren like they were candy.o_O

I think she was just eating them and misplaced them in the bowl she was giving candy out from, they were opened xD

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
My halloween tradition is walk around the neighborhood I grew up in and hang out with my family and take my nephew out trick-or-treating along with my younger brother. Then I go home and watch my siblings sort the candy they got after a good halloween night. Afterwards when the younger siblings go to bed, we play the original The Ring movie in the family room.

Agatha Christie

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
That's funny Dom. I hope you realized it was open before you tried to eat it.:D:eek:
Saya that sounds a lot like what my family does for Halloween. I am curious what is The Ring about? :confused:I never heard of it.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
That's funny Dom. I hope you realized it was open before you tried to eat it.:D:eek:
Saya that sounds a lot like what my family does for Halloween. I am curious what is The Ring about? :confused:I never heard of it.

It's about a video tape that's haunted and she comes out of a TV:

the-ring-girl.jpg

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
My family watches the original version of The Ring, which is much scarier than the American version of it.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
1. Watches Peanuts with the girlfriend.
2. The Conjuring lmfao love this movie even though I crap in my pants

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
1. Watches Peanuts with the girlfriend.
2. The Conjuring lmfao love this movie even though I crap in my pants
Nice selection of movies there, Gang. I mostly watch the classics like Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, The Ring (Japanese version), Ju-On 2 and of course my personal favorite, the Jaws collection.
I've watched the american remakes of the original Japanese and Korean horror movies and mainly laugh at how predictable the remakes are compared to their original versions.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Nice selection of movies there, Gang. I mostly watch the classics like Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow, The Ring (Japanese version), Ju-On 2 and of course my personal favorite, the Jaws collection.
I've watched the american remakes of the original Japanese and Korean horror movies and mainly laugh at how predictable the remakes are compared to their original versions.
I hate the ring.... is scared of scary movies.

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I hate the ring.... is scared of scary movies.
The plot of The Ring made it scary, watching the cursed tape only gives only a week to live but I hated how the american remake made Sadako look like a male faced spirit.

Agatha Christie

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Ok so who is the original The Ring directed by? I think I would like to see it and see if its as scry as you claim.:p
PS: I love the Peanuts Watch it 3 times already since October 1st.
I like scary movies that have good plots but doesn't have to have the best special effects.
  1. Halloween Series is good
  2. The Scream Movies (Original) are good
Do Not's
  1. Demon worshiping
  2. Zombies taking over the world
  3. Chunky movies

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
The original Ring movie (or Ringu as the Japanese name for it is) was created by Hideo Nakata, which the film is based of the novel Ring by Koji Suzuki.

testing