Active Threat of the Week (Greninja)

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Hey guys, I thought it might be fun to start a threat of the week here on Perfect Pokemon. In this thread, we will discuss a new threat each week. This includes talking about counters, checks, cores, sets, and everything in between. If you have anything to say about a particular Pokemon this is the place to say it. I will try to highlight strong threats for as long as possible and potentially revisit threats as new sets and tier changes come out. Since this is a relatively new thread, I'll try to keep it OU only for the time being, but this may change as time goes on.

To get things started, let's talk about a somewhat controversial Pokemon for the first week: Greninja.
battledex-asset
This true terror of OU sports an amazing speed, a great movepool, and one of the best abilities in the game. Greninja's combination of mixed offenses, a movepool that many Pokemon would kill for, and STAB on every attack via Protean make for a deadly cleaner that few teams can properly prepare for. If you see a Greninja on the opposing team, make sure you have a gameplan for it or else you could find yourself slowly losing Pokemon after Pokemon to it in a frantic attempt to learn it's moveset.

G

Youngster Joey
Will Not Fall
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
hope u have u-turn or v-switch

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
It's quite a threat indeed but if you are prepared for it it's not that big deal for me xD

Axel Davis

Youngster Joey
Credits
"somewhat controversial"

@notsoclutch plox

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v2v7kEsL01670AM4X9GSU14zv3wkjjv5pfSScm-x-bw/edit?usp=sharing

My thoughts on Greninja if anyone cares to read them :]

Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Greninja is in fact borked. But I do believe its main gimmick, Protean can be played around if you play skillfully. I may not have many pokemon that can switch into it, like Aegislash and Hoopa, but it has a significant amount of checks that either outright kill it or force a switch, once again giving you a tactical advantage. Two pokemon you mentioned were Lop and Mane, two mons that are either guaranteed a KO or a switch.
See convo in a sec

testing