Underrated Movies Discussion

TheCollector

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Anybody ever notice how some movies, despite being incredibly well made, just seem to fall off the radar? They can have good stories, good acting, good effects, good writing, and so on, but they aren't talked about as frequently as more popular and well known films.

Well, this thread is dedicated to discussing movies that you feel aren't being appreciated and talked about as much as they could be, and allow others to discover these movies and get them more attention. Share the movie's title, brief plot synopsis, and just what's so good about it.

The Rocketeer (1991)
Plot: A World War II era stunt pilot stumbles across a jetpack invented by Howard Hughes and uses it to become a local hero. But Nazi agents also want to get their hands on the jet pack to mass produce it and give them an edge in their campaign for global conquest.

This fun, action packed period piece(directed by the guy who would eventually direct a little film called Captain America: The First Avenger) has a very nice atmosphere to it. The cast is made up of many great actors who, at the time, weren't big names, like Jennifer Connelly and Timothy Dalton. The green screen effects are pretty good (though dated), and there are a fair number of practical effects thrown in as well. It was nominated for and won a few awards, and talks of a remake have been floating around for a couple years. The Rocketeer character currently has an ongoing IDW comic series, where he recently crossed over with The Spirit.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
The Truman Show is a great movie that seems to be very underrated, It's on Netflix and I really enjoyed it despite having never heard of it

Although i'm not a fan of Jim Carey in his goofy comedic roles, he plays a completely different character in this film and I really enjoyed it

The movie really makes a statement about society and it's very well made IMO, I don't want to get into details about the plot but I would definitely recommend it

testing