Active WiFi Set-Up for 3DS, please help!

Delani

Youngster Joey
Credits
Sorry if this sin't the place to put this, but I figured I could find someone that was savvi with wifi here. I have dealt with Nintendo's support before and they weren't very helpful for me, unfortunately.

Here is the issue I am having.

I recently moved, and my router/wifi in general got messed up, and something about the form changed. (i.e. like WEP and stuff) I am in no way familiar with any of this, nor can I seem to get someone that knows what they are talking about.

I do not know which form of wifi the 3DS is supposed to be on, I also do not know how to change my router to that form, and I do not have the security key for the router, not the wifi password (I have that).

Seriously, I need help with this. :c

Delani

Youngster Joey
Credits
If it doesnt work, u could always download connectify on your laptop and act as an hotspot so your ds can connect to it, thats assume your laptop has interenet access
http://www.connectify.me/
Yes, my laptop is able to connect to WiFi, but why does the 3DS have to be so complicated? :/
And if I download this, is there anything else I need to do to get it set up?

ChiYan

Youngster Joey
Credits
u just set a password for your ds to connect to it, i use it at my university since my ds couldn't connect directly to the uni's wifi

testing