• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

E3 Thread

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I can't believe no one set up an E3 thread yet. Thought I'd be a few days late to the punch, but no big deal. Feel free to discuss any and all things that excited or frustrated you from this E3 (Chibi Metroid :Drowning:). Personally I think everyone is chasing Sony at this point and I don't even own a PS4 (not that I really need one to play most of the games they announced :Troll:), but it's really just a matter of opinion (unless you thought the Chibi Metroid looked good then you can just GTFO :punch::Cry:). Anyway, enjoy.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
The only thing that made me slightly sad is that the XBONE is getting backwards compatibility. Makes me sad that I have a ton of PS3 games :'(

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Horizon Zero Dawn was my game of show so far. Looks just fun and weird enough to really shake things up while also looking gorgeous and having a massive overworld.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Finally, it's my time to shit on everything I've seen in the past two days. I'll do it as a run down of each company.

Bethesda - Fallout 4, need I say more? Seriously though, if that's actual gameplay, the mechanics of Fallout 3 seem to be returning and I'm all up for that. If we also get dialogue for all choices, that'd be pretty cool as well. Doom is also looking pretty good, although we haven't got much info on that as of yet. Returning to stealth games, Dishonored 2 is looking pretty good (unfortunately I missed most of this - need to watch the stream highlights to catch up). I think as long as the release dates are met (I believe it starts November 10th with F4) then we shouldn't have any issues.

Microsoft - ...what. I can't even. I'm all in for new IP games, that's why I really didn't like Nintendo's stream, but when we basically have new IPs for every single minute of the damn conference it gets repetitive. Half of them didn't even have proper reveals or gameplay footage, we say about 10 seconds of a few. Sure, there was a new Behemoth game (yeah I love Castle Crashers xD) and a few things here and there, but I'm pretty sure anyone would be drunk if you took a shot for the amount of times they said 'Windows 10 and XBox Exclusive." Then Bethesda come on and announce modding for consoles? Clearing Valve's plans of charging everyone on Steam for mods failed so now they're trying the same thing on consolers, lol.

Ubisoft - Wow, they actually took our advice ._. To be honest, this was probably the best or second best conference that I saw. If we take out Assassin's Creed and The Crew, every game in there had a lot of potential, and seeing as Rainbow Siege has already been in development for a good number of years, I see no reason why this will be bad. Hopefully they at least add some kind of good singleplayer though. Other titles like that racing game (literally forgot what it's called lol, the mix of Sanic and F1) come to light soon, as I have high hopes for that as well.

Nintendo - this actually managed to be worse than Microsoft and I've no idea how. Seriously? That thing was 40 minutes of Mario, followed up with one new IP that looked like garbage and then Metroid... Let's not even get started. Out of the 1 or 2 titles that actually interested me (see Fire Emblem and Xenoblade), they probably had a combined screentime of 3 minutes tops. I'm pretty sure youtube likes/dislikes prove my frustration at this, and they better have something good coming at 3:30PST and 3:45PST (Pokemon to redeem yourself plz)
Afterword: It'll probably be Mystery Dungeon fml

Square Enix - Not too shabby at all. I'm not the biggest fan of the current Tomb Raider series so I don't have much to comment there, but from JC3 to a bunch of other new, interesting IPs, Square Enix looks set to have 2 solid years. Just gotta hope they raise the bar a bit - I saw 20/30fps footage throughout their conference and grrrr..

I'd comment on Sony but Imma go actually watch their conference before commenting, lol.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Backwards compatibility on the Xbox One is exciting.
Gears 1 getting a remake is awesome, if they do it right it can be one of the best remakes that has ever come out. Rebooting Gears hopefully brings all the old Gears fans out of hiding(including some of my old friends) and brings new fans to the table.
EA giving access to everyone to build up hype for their projects is great, so many games to play and beat within the next 2 weeks.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
At first I thought I loved Gears 3 and I wish I could play that but sadly I'm on the PS4 instead of the Xbone. ;-;

Then I realized Kingdom Hearts 3 and I was fine :Pompus:

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
At first I thought I loved Gears 3 and I wish I could play that but sadly I'm on the PS4 instead of the Xbone. ;-;

Then I realized Kingdom Hearts 3 and I was fine :Pompus:
KH Master Race

Frosty

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well... To be honest this E3 was the best one i've seen, I can write out a whole list of games i want now.

Choo Choo the hype train is leaving.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
This is a quote I saw last night:

"E3 2015