• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Enter The Drunken Dragon Claw

Merciless Zulu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Okay so here is the deal. I love dragons. For every card game that I've played I've run them. Magic the gathering I ran white and black dragons, Yugioh I ran a Hieratic stardust dragon assault mode, and well for pokemon it was well you've guessed it dragons. But I haven't played a pokemon game since silver came out, and I'm just getting used to all the stuff I've missed such has EV's, and natures. I came across this forum while searching for a good dragon team using google and I came across another users thread called " Enter the dragon". PKgaming and Jabba did a excellent job with their team

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/enter-the-dragon.3448743/

which inspired me to create something that would be unique.Now I use that term loosely because I know these dragons are OU so unique to me. If you guys can help me out with making this team better that would be awesome. i don't want to be a conformist and copy Jabba's and Pkgaming's team because I've myself seen that on the ladder and I want to build something to counter it.

Since i'm technically a noob. I don't know how I would put the team together but I've got a baisic idea on how I'd want my team to be structured. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be nice.

Team:
1) Garchomp
2)Tyranitar
3)Heatran
4)Noivern
5)Goodra/
6)Dophan

Primarily what I want to do is be really offensive but be able to defend if i have to. But I always want to be on the attack. Forcing my opponent to switch out his pokemon until he doesn't know what to do. I want garchomp and tyranitar on this team for sure. They're my favorite pokemon.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Garchomp and Tyranitar could be nice together, do you plan on making either of them your mega?

Tyranitar and Heatran are both weak to fighting types so you'll want something to deal with those, a fairy or psychic type maybe?

A gengar or M-mawile might help with your huge fairy weakness, m-mawile is ban by showdown but OU on this site if you're interested in using that monster<3. Both could do something for your fighting weakness as well.

Donphan could be interesting to help with your dragon weakness (ice shard) as well as give stealth rock support and be a tanky Pokemon. Similar Pokemon are mamoswine and gliscor (with ice fang).

I'm not sure what to say about the rest of it atm xD

Merciless Zulu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Yeah I was planning on going with Mega Garchomp. He's a beast. I've heard of Gengar being use competitively but I don't want to conform. I want to do something my opponent won't expect. So yeah I guess I'll go Mega Mawile. I also didn't want to put Dophan on the team because I heard he can't be offensive if I have to be offensive while defending but I saw no other option. Is there no better option than Dophan? Like a bulky water type?

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Yeah I was planning on going with Mega Garchomp. He's a beast. I've heard of Gengar being use competitively but I don't want to conform. I want to do something my opponent won't expect. So yeah I guess I'll go Mega Mawile. I also didn't want to put Dophan on the team because I heard he can't be offensive if I have to be offensive while defending but I saw no other option. Is there no better option than Dophan? Like a bulky water type?
There are many bulky water types, mega slowbro can cause a lot of issues with calm mind boosts and eat hits, Vaporeon can be physically and specially bulky. Both can run ice beam if you want them to for support against dragons.

Azumarill is bulky and a threat, water/fairy typing. Popular sets are assault vest and belly drum+sitrus berry+huge power for a sweeper.

Ferrothorn is weak to fire and fighting but could be a nice physical / special wall and hit hard with gyro ball. Resists dragon and fairy type moves.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
So between Slowbro and Vaporeon who would you choose has a semi offensive wall? Or Asumarill for offensive... I can't decide.
Mega slowbro (or even regular slowbro) is a better physical wall imo and can boost up with calm mind for nice damage.

Azumarill is great and could be used with m-mawile.

Merciless Zulu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Mega slowbro (or even regular slowbro) is a better physical wall imo and can boost up with calm mind for nice damage.

Azumarill is great and could be used with m-mawile.

Is Azumaril the one mostly used on the ladder? And if I'm going to have heteran on my team won't that conflict with it?

testing