Community Latest

Generation 1 Remakes

Should there be a Generation 1 remake?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Depends . . . (comment explaining below)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

batmanrises

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hey, everyone. I recently got into Pokemon with Omega Ruby. Prior to that, I had only ever played a friend's copy of Pokemon Yellow for about a week (I know, I was a deprived child). I have a lot of nostalgia for the first generation and really want a remake. I know this is a controversial topic, but, personally, I would love to see an updated generation 1 with better graphics, more story, and more Pokemon. ORAS already left open the "alternate universe" idea (post-game Delta Episode), so they could make Kanto with Mega Evolutions and a better story line. Personally, I would love to have a playable generation 1 game, but there is no way to do that with a 3DS.
What do you think? Do you want Kanto to stay in the past, or would you love for it to be in Pokemon's near future?

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Hey, everyone. I recently got into Pokemon with Omega Ruby. Prior to that, I had only ever played a friend's copy of Pokemon Yellow for about a week (I know, I was a deprived child). I have a lot of nostalgia for the first generation and really want a remake. I know this is a controversial topic, but, personally, I would love to see an updated generation 1 with better graphics, more story, and more Pokemon. ORAS already left open the "alternate universe" idea (post-game Delta Episode), so they could make Kanto with Mega Evolutions and a better story line. Personally, I would love to have a playable generation 1 game, but there is no way to do that with a 3DS.
What do you think? Do you want Kanto to stay in the past, or would you love for it to be in Pokemon's near future?
That would be great but definitely not next. They are making us wait 2 years so we better be getting something completely new and maybe even gen 7 xD

batmanrises

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Miles, I totally agree. I want them to cycle remakes in with the new games (1 year new, 1 year remake, etc.). I just want to play each game on a current system. I had never played in Hoenn, but it was a lot of fun. I feel like they can make each region a little better and keep their history alive if they remake games; even if it is just releasing them as they were on mobile devices (despite how unlikely that is).
Sebesmos, lol. I am not sure if you are serious or not.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Miles, I totally agree. I want them to cycle remakes in with the new games (1 year new, 1 year remake, etc.). I just want to play each game on a current system. I had never played in Hoenn, but it was a lot of fun. I feel like they can make each region a little better and keep their history alive if they remake games; even if it is just releasing them as they were on mobile devices (despite how unlikely that is).
I'm being 100% serious. Generation 2 is my favorite, but Gen 1 is where I joined so obviously I love that too. They both bring that nostalgia factor. :D I'd honestly love to see a remake where Pokemon could follow you out of the ball again because that was some cute stuff.

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
It would be kind of cool if instead of releasing games every two years they just remade old gens as filler

batmanrises

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Sebesmos, I really enjoyed the early years as well, I have a lot of cards from back then and watched some of the show. The pokemon following you out of the ball was awesome, I wish they still did that. It's doesn't really add anything, but it made the pokemon special. :)
Miles, I know they did ORAS and HGSS. Do you think remakes are a new standard practice? With technology's quick advancements, they may want to remake just to keep the games coming out yearly. They seem to keep things hidden though, so I guess it's really just a shot in the dark to assume they will keep remaking.

kingz

Youngster Joey
Credits
In my eyes gen 1 is the best but don't think I would like a remake of it and can't believe we have to wait two years for the nxt game.

testing