• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Pokerus?

Ronaai

Youngster Joey
Credits
Trying to figure out my Pokemon's IV's using a calculator, and it keeps telling me my Rayquaza at level 100 and with an Adament nature, cannot have 228 Sp. Def stats... so I'm just wondering, can Pokerus affect the overall IV of a Pokemon?

I have a lot of Pokemon with this virus (about 200+ x_X) and I swap my team around quite a bit so Rayquaza has had the "virus" now since about level 92, would this make any difference, since I am totally stumped on how to figure out EVs and IVs by myself, I rely on the online calculators and the same error each time I try is getting a tad annoying now =(

((I'm playing Omega Ruby if that's any help.))

DRAG0NIT3

Mad Man
Credits
Pokerus doesnt effect ivs in any way. The only impact it has on evs is that your pikemon will gain more evs after a battle if it has the virus. But, it does not impact the total amount of evs in any way

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Well if an adamant Rayquaza has a perfect IV for special def with only 48 EV invested in special defense would have a 228 SpDef stat at level 100 so the calculator you are using may be off? But pokerus effects EV's when EV training not IVs.

Ronaai

Youngster Joey
Credits
Pokerus doesnt effect ivs in any way. The only impact it has on evs is that your pikemon will gain more evs after a battle if it has the virus. But, it does not impact the total amount of evs in any way

Ah okay =) Well I'm somewhat stumped on why every calculator I try keeps coming back saying its stats are impossible now >< I really hoped it was the Pokerus since at least then I'd have a solid answer and not more questions xD

Thank you for replying though ^ ^

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Ah okay =) Well I'm somewhat stumped on why every calculator I try keeps coming back saying its stats are impossible now >< I really hoped it was the Pokerus since at least then I'd have a solid answer and not more questions xD

Thank you for replying though ^ ^
Link the calculator(s) you are using, that might help us figure out what's going on.

Ronaai

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well if an adamant Rayquaza has a perfect IV for special def with only 48 EV invested in special defense would have a 228 SpDef stat at level 100 so the calculator you are using may be off? But pokerus effects EV's when EV training not IVs.
Not going to lie, EV's kind of go over my head still...I'm only just grasping IV's so a total novice at all this ^^;

Thank you for the reply though =)

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Not going to lie, EV's kind of go over my head still...I'm only just grasping IV's so a total novice at all this ^^;

Thank you for the reply though =)
Basically all I'm saying is it's def not impossible for an Adamant Rayquaza at level 100 to have a SpDef stat of 228 so there is something going on with the calculator you are using or how you are calculating it.

Edit: So in that calculator if you just leave the EV at 0 for special defense then yes, it is impossible for an adamant Rayquaza with nothing invested in special defense to have a SpDef stat of 228. If your Rayquza is Adamant, you must have some EVs invested in SpDef if it's stat is 228.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Basically all I'm saying is it's def not impossible for an Adamant Rayquaza at level 100 to have a SpDef stat of 228 so there is something going on with the calculator you are using or how you are calculating it.
Calculators generally assume 0 EVs, so that's the issue. It's impossible unless EVed (so it has)

Ronaai

Youngster Joey
Credits

Ah ok =) Its most likely me being a huge plonker and putting the info in completely wrong, since my Rayquaza exists...so it has to be possible >< ah the joys of being really bad at maths...

Sewage

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Calculators generally assume 0 EVs, so that's the issue. It's impossible unless EVed (so it has)
That's exactly what it is I edited my post after I looked at the calculator. It defaults to 0 EV.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Ah ok =) Its most likely me being a huge plonker and putting the info in completely wrong, since my Rayquaza exists...so it has to be possible >< ah the joys of being really bad at maths...
it's fine! we all start somewhere and EVs/IVs can be a bit hard to get used to. if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to IM me :)

Ronaai

Youngster Joey
Credits
it's fine! we all start somewhere and EVs/IVs can be a bit hard to get used to. if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to IM me :)

They're so confusing to me right now, I never thought Pokemon could be so complicated, I disliked maths at school, so the thought of it coming into play on one of my favourite games xD
Thank you though ;w;

Mozzi

Youngster Joey
Credits
You'll need to reset Raquaza's EVs (The easiest way to do this in Gen VI is with a reset bag from super training) and then use the calculator to find it's IVs.

Unless you know exactly how many EVs Raquaza has in each stat, but in that case you'd still need to find a calculator that lets you input current EVs.

testing