• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Smaller Banner Sizes!

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I'm not saying I have a sensitivity to colourful banners, you've just taken this far out of context at this point that I don't even know why you brought it up.

Again, read my last post. This idea is more rooted in turning lesser achievements into icons to free space. It's a bit more of a minor idea but seeing as the site works there's no reason why we can't make it even better by ironing out small details. It then also allows people to get visible accolades for things that IMO should have, e.g. being a member of the Tiering Council.
I've drawn a picture in hopes it help you understand that there is no space to free up because we don't have anyone exceeding any sizes right now. Removing banners and making them smaller or making icons won't change anything because we don't have anyone even exceeding a size problem right now.

upload_2015-6-18_14-56-52.png

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I've drawn a picture in hopes it help you understand that there is no space to free up because we don't have anyone exceeding any sizes right now. Removing banners and making them smaller or making icons won't change anything because we don't have anyone even exceeding a size problem right now.

View attachment 892
This really isn't my point, like I've said time and time again at this point, I'll just outline them in two short sentences:

Important Achievements should be banners: e.g. Staff Banners, Donor, Trusted Seller, etc
Less important Achievements don't need so much attention, so only really require an icon: e.g. Friendzilla, Smaug, other examples in my OP.

That's all. My point about size was a needless tangent like I said in my last post so there's no need to focus on that.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
This really isn't my point, like I've said time and time again at this point, I'll just outline them in two short sentences:

Important Achievements should be banners: e.g. Staff Banners, Donor, Trusted Seller, etc
Less important Achievements don't need so much attention, so only really require an icon: e.g. Friendzilla, Smaug, other examples in my OP.

That's all. My point about size was a needless tangent like I said in my last post so there's no need to focus on that.
The achievement banners are the most interesting banners in existence, and I don't condone those being taken away either haha. They're the only banners with patterns. The other ones are standard af. So I guess if that's what you wanna go with, then my opinion is that I wouldn't care about earning those achievements anymore because I think the icons would be lame in comparison.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Forgot to add either way, nice pictures :Thumbsup:

The achievement banners are the most interesting banners in existence, and I don't condone those being taken away either haha. They're the only banners with patterns. The other ones are standard af. So I guess if that's what you wanna go with, then my opinion is that I wouldn't care about earning those achievements anymore because I think the icons would be lame in comparison.
As to this point, what do you want to do if we increase the amount of achievements available to people? The ones that I listed in the OP, at least in my mind, have more reason to be there over achievements like Smaug aha. If this is the case, at some point, people will rack up a long list of banners, even if the 13 is pretty difficult to obtain right now - think of the size issue more as futureproofing.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Forgot to add either way, nice pictures :Thumbsup:

As to this point, what do you want to do if we increase the amount of achievements available to people? The ones that I listed in the OP, at least in my mind, have more reason to be there over achievements like Smaug aha. If this is the case, at some point, people will rack up a long list of banners, even if the 13 is pretty difficult to obtain right now - think of the size issue more as futureproofing.
I guess. I just rather get rid of the plain Jane ones at that point. Literally the only reason I cared about earning Friendzilla is because the banner looked cool. Same with the other ones. I guess we could see what the icons looked like if we had a real set of them, I just don't think I'd be as into it. On top of that, no matter what kind of display we go with, if we add enough we eventually won't be able to fit all of them.

I do remember something I asked doulie about a long time ago though, that might be helpful. I was interested if there was a way to do something like this where it could be some kind of ribbon on the corner of the avatar or a different colored border around the profile section of the poster kind of like league does for ranked.

adkq44.jpg

attachment.php

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I guess. I just rather get rid of the plain Jane ones at that point. Literally the only reason I cared about earning Friendzilla is because the banner looked cool. Same with the other ones. I guess we could see what the icons looked like if we had a real set of them, I just don't think I'd be as into it. On top of that, no matter what kind of display we go with, if we add enough we eventually won't be able to fit all of them.

I do remember something I asked doulie about a long time ago though, that might be helpful. I was interested if there was a way to do something like this where it could be some kind of ribbon on the corner of the avatar or a different colored border around the profile section of the poster kind of like league does for ranked.

adkq44.jpg

attachment.php
Sounds interesting. What, in your mind, would the outline represent? A certain achievement or set of them?

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Sounds interesting. What, in your mind, would the outline represent? A certain achievement or set of them?
I actually made a new thread for it. I'm kind of thinking maybe by the number of trophy points you have, since we aren't doing much else with that at the moment.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I actually made a new thread for it. I'm kind of thinking maybe by the number of trophy points you have, since we aren't doing much else with that at the moment.
Agreed, thoughts have been posted over there :p

testing