• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

So apparently I never did one of these...

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'm about a year and three quarters late, but w/e I never did one of these so here goes nothing.

Hello, I'm Martin. Lots of you have seen me around on the site, namely in the shoutbox and by acting as what has inadvertently turned into an effective public relations guy for the tiering council (even if they don't realise it yet :Tongue:). I'm a key player with regards to the site's competitive scene, even if I don't play in official tours much at all. I was on hiatus between around May of last year and January of this year, and since I have come back I have integrated myself pretty deeply within the site. Anyway, the key parts of the site that I take an interest in are competitive battling and RMT, although you will occasionally see me in the general chat, rules and suggestions and speculation forums too.

I started playing Pokémon when I was in year eight at school, and having never played during primary school it meant that I started at an age when noone at school still played barring the one guy who introduced me to the series so it was hard to discuss with anyone. Anyway, about a year after that I joined Smogon and have been an avid competitive player ever since, and it is obvious just how much my skill level has gone up between then and now (I was pretty abominable up until recently if I'm honest lol). I like offense (I'm currently messing around with an ultra HO squad), but I also like strategies which involve cheesing your way past the opponent with stuff like T-Wave, Sub, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Leech Seed, Toxic, Wisp etc. As such I can find a place with semistall, balance, bulky offense and hyper offense depending on my mood, so I'm a pretty diverse player. Choice Scarf is a bad item on most of its users imo because its weak AF and I prefer blasting people with powerful priority.

Outside of Pokémon, my interests are pretty diverse. Music makes up a big part of my life, with me playing in an amature orchestra (4th/2nd F horn), a concert band (1st F horn) and a brass band (1st Eb horn), and there is very little music that I consider to be bad (the only stuff I genuinely dislike is screamo and a lot of that lazy club music). Rather ironically, I criticise squeaky pop more than anyone else in my age group and then actually listen to some of it myself (albeit only for JPop). I think I have good taste, if only because of how accepting I am of such a wide range of different genres--but then again even people with awful taste think they have good taste so what do I know lol. My favorite group is ELO and I also have a big interest in vocaloids (namely Hatsune Miku, GUMI and Kagamine Rin, but I also listen to a bit of IA and Kagamine Len when I'm in the mood). On the topic of vocaloids, I watch a lot of anime. Some of my favorites include Non Non Biyori, ERASED, Steins;Gate, Toradora, Musaigen no Phantom World, Ajin, Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows, Anohana, Madoka, Nagi no Asukara, Dimension W, Inazuma Eleven, Clannad After Story, Joshiraku, Shinsekai Yori, One Punch-Man and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. There are lots more that I'm too lazy to list, but tl;dr I watch a lot and plan to continue watching lots in the forseeable future. SAO sucks (there is very little anime which I can legitimately say this about) and Attack on Titan is overrated.

I am a gamer, albeit not a big one like @Matt_192 is. I mainly play Pokémon, but other game series that I invest large amounts of time into include Super Smash Bros., Fire Emblem, Project Mirai, Inazuma Eleven, Mariokart and LoZ. I also intend on getting Pokénn Tournament later this year. My dexterity is really crap due to limitations caused by being born with two weak hands, which limits how well I can perform in highly-demanding games like Super Smash Bros. due to the fact that my handedness is developed meaning that I do not have the natural dexterity which most other gamers have. As such I take a more defensively-inclined playstyle when playing seriously in those games due to it being less demanding, but due to my nautre making me favor offensive playstyles I often play my limited offensive game in Smash and I tend to function best in non-dexterity-based games where I am able to hammer away at my opponent without feeling handicapped. Something that I have taken an interest in both for its enjoyability and its ability to aid my dexterity is drawing, with me almost exclusively drawing children's heads in the manga art style. I was also selectively mute up until early year nine but now I talk way too much, and I am heavily apathetic (I laugh but I don't feel pleasure from the situations that make me laugh, and similarly I very rarely feel sad) and I honestly care very little about peoples feelings with regards to taking offense at things, with me commonly violating the idiotic concept of safe spaces due to a combination of that, my generally poor social knowledge and the fact that safe spaces are just plain dumb and shouldn't exist.

If anyone has any questions about me feel free to ask :)

Last edited:

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Hello Martin. Welcome to the site. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. :Troll:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Thank you for warmly welcoming me to perfect pokemon dot com user: @notsoclutch it is an honour to be greeted by an esteemed user such as yourself who i've totally not been good friends with for the past year and a half or anything

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
You know I love dissecting posts bit by bit :]

by acting as what has inadvertently turned into an effective public relations guy for the tiering council (even if they don't realise it yet :Tongue:).
News to me for definite lmfao

I'm a key player with regards to the site's competitive scene, even if I don't play in official tours much at all. I was on hiatus between around May of last year and January of this year, and since I have come back I have integrated myself pretty deeply within the site. Anyway, the key parts of the site that I take an interest in are competitive battling and RMT, although you will occasionally see me in the general chat, rules and suggestions and speculation forums too.
> Makes fun of certain speculation threads on skype even though they're valid

and it is obvious just how much my skill level has gone up between then and now (I was pretty abominable up until recently if I'm honest lol).
No lol, to take myself as an example, you've been better than me for years

I like offense
Good :]

(the only stuff I genuinely dislike is screamo and a lot of that lazy club music). Rather ironically, I criticise squeaky pop more than anyone else in my age group and then actually listen to some of it myself (albeit only for JPop). I think I have good taste, if only because of how accepting I am of such a wide range of different genres--but then again even people with awful taste think they have good taste so what do I know lol.
THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME EXACTLY WHAT TO PLAY IN SKYPE CALLS :^)

I am a gamer, albeit not a big one like @Matt_192 is.
:^)

Well I can tell you're very new to Pokemon so I'd be glad to teach you some fundamental mechanics like what EVs and IVs are :) :Troll:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
You know I love dissecting posts bit by bit :]

News to me for definite lmfao

> Makes fun of certain speculation threads on skype even though they're valid

No lol, to take myself as an example, you've been better than me for years

Good :]

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME EXACTLY WHAT TO PLAY IN SKYPE CALLS :^)

:^)

Well I can tell you're very new to Pokemon so I'd be glad to teach you some fundamental mechanics like what EVs and IVs are :) :Troll:
Nice shop

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I've just edited out two grammar mistakes that I spotted. Must've been due to writing it at ~1:30 AM lol. I need to sleep more before writing big posts in future RIP.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits

testing