Sunny Wall Doubles. Help needed.

Tigarian

Youngster Joey
Credits
Im just now getting into competitive battling and I have been working on a concept team I would like some help with. The idea is running a stall team to control the flow of the fight. I want to incorporate a lot of self healing, entry hazards and dots. This is what I have so far.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Harvest
-Horn Leech
-Phantom Force
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect
-Forest Curse (thinking about this one since Sunny Days uses a lot of fire types)

Arcanine @ Undecided
Intimidate
-Wild Charge (Updated)
-Flare Blitz
-Morning Sun
-Close Combat

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change
-Kings Shield
-Substitute
-Flash Cannon (Updated)
-Shadow Ball (Updated)

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Drought
-Solar Beam
-Flamethrower
-Fire Spin
-Protect

Venusaur @ Big Root
Chlorophyll
-Sunny Day
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain
-Protect

Mienshao @ Shell Bell
Regenerator
-U-Turn
-Drain Punch
-Quick Guard (Updated)
-Knock Off

Last edited:

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If it's Doubles I would definitely add Wide guard to your Aegislash's move pool. You have a huge Rock Slide/EQ/Surf weakness.

Outside of Aegislash and Trevenant you have no means of combating or reversing a trick room team. Might be worth swapping Trevenant for an Imprison + Trick Room Chandelure, possibly holding an air balloon.

Fire Spin on your Charizard and Arcanine seems a waste unless trapping opponents pokemon is your game plan. I would swap them for Air Slash and Wild Charge respectively.

Mienshao really doesn't need protect. (In the metagame it can realistically only be OHKO by flying/psychic and fairy attacks which an Aegislash switch would cover) I would swap it for Fakeout for offensive pressure.

Edit: Just wanted to add that Gale Wings Talonflame is likely to OHKO 4 out of 6 of your pokemon. I'd suggest a Quick Guard and Electric/Rock Combination to deal with this threat. A combination of a Mienshao Quick-Guard and a Arcanine @ Choice Band; Wild Charge would be enough to check him based on your current options.

I hope some of this helps. Any further explanations just ask. Happy Hunting

Last edited:

Tigarian

Youngster Joey
Credits
I wasnt sure about the Fire Spins TBH and I will probably switch out for Fake Out on Mienshao as well as grabbing a wide guard somewhere. Thank you for your help

testing