• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Tournament Champ/League Champ More Recognition.

Do you like these ideas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I've been thinking that the Champions should receive a bit more recognition somehow, like maybe something with the current Newsletter thing we have going on for the tournament champion like a short article/interview with them with something of there's featured in the newsletter. And for the League Champion, maybe a special place/link to their profile next to the side bar. If this is possible i think it'd be really cool, and show how much more we appreciate the skills of our champions. Of course those who win multiple tournaments would be a bit harder to figure as what to do with the whole interview thing again but i have faith in it. and i think people would really enjoy it. :D Please voice your opinions. <3

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
This is a good idea especially for league champion. Once you get the badge and PC there isn't much else to do. And for the tourney champion I like the newsletter idea and maybe they get the 1 seed in the next tourney or something. It would be great to expand this stuff

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
This is a good idea especially for league champion. Once you get the badge and PC there isn't much else to do. And for the tourney champion I like the newsletter idea and maybe they get the 1 seed in the next tourney or something. It would be great to expand this stuff
Yeah i feel it would actually make it feel like you've become legendary on the site like its meant more than just PC, a ribbon and a title. I also feel like it would make tournaments more competitive as more would join especially those with shops.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I definitely agree

You're completely right about league champion, having been in that position for about 7 months i agree that there isn't much past the initial prizes. I have no incentive to try to reclaim the spot to be honest, I also agree that a bye or something would be nice for the tournament winner of the previous official tournament

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
As for a 'spot in the newsletter' idea, this is a pretty good idea IMO - maybe they could reflect on the competitive changes in the last few weeks or so, or talk about some underrated Pokemon. With the rise of ORAS, they definitely have a lot to say, and providing new players with a source of valuable information seems like a god send.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
As for a 'spot in the newsletter' idea, this is a pretty good idea IMO - maybe they could reflect on the competitive changes in the last few weeks or so, or talk about some underrated Pokemon. With the rise of ORAS, they definitely have a lot to say, and providing new players with a source of valuable information seems like a god send.
My thing is we would have to have someone very dedicated and active to the site as well as very literate with fairly good punctuation to write the newsletter/interview the champions of tournaments. Ask varying questions not completely the same asked to the last person to win the tournament before that, just to keep it fresh. As well the newsletter is meant to be weekly as well so i feel like at the same time it should be someone who actively battles on the site and knows how the meta is shifting and what becomes quite commonly used within the community and writes about who they battled, how they fared and what they saw the most of and then writing a quick expose about the pokemon and how or why they think it's been being used so much. And then maybe a something like what they would recommend as a Moveset for that pokemon. It would also make the site as a whole even more unique than it already is.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
My thing is we would have to have someone very dedicated and active to the site as well as very literate with fairly good punctuation to write the newsletter/interview the champions of tournaments. Ask varying questions not completely the same asked to the last person to win the tournament before that, just to keep it fresh. As well the newsletter is meant to be weekly as well so i feel like at the same time it should be someone who actively battles on the site and knows how the meta is shifting and what becomes quite commonly used within the community and writes about who they battled, how they fared and what they saw the most of and then writing a quick expose about the pokemon and how or why they think it's been being used so much. And then maybe a something like what they would recommend as a Moveset for that pokemon. It would also make the site as a whole even more unique than it already is.
As for active battlers on the site, we definitely have a lot of those that can contribute their parts as well. People like notsoclutch, phenix, Blaguard and many others (won't do tags atm) are always battling, so perhaps they could also help out, not just the tournament winners (like you said, it's supposed to be weekly). Other people that play in different metas (like Saya with Doubles) could also do an article about that, at least, in the weeks where we don't have a tournament winner to ask.

Talking about interviewers... That could be a little more challenging, but we can always try and reach out to those who have experience with it.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
As for active battlers on the site, we definitely have a lot of those that can contribute their parts as well. People like notsoclutch, phenix, Blaguard and many others (won't do tags atm) are always battling, so perhaps they could also help out, not just the tournament winners (like you said, it's supposed to be weekly). Other people that play in different metas (like Saya with Doubles) could also do an article about that, at least, in the weeks where we don't have a tournament winner to ask.

Talking about interviewers... That could be a little more challenging, but we can always try and reach out to those who have experience with it.
All those names you mentioned above sound great to me but i also think it should be someone who has a set amount of free time on their hands per day so they can work on it and then sent it and proof read and edited for misspelled words. Inb4 me and you start the Perfect Pokemon News Network xD

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Inb4 me and you start the Perfect Pokemon News Network xD
Lmao yes xD.

All those names you mentioned above sound great to me but i also think it should be someone who has a set amount of free time on their hands per day so they can work on it and then sent it and proof read and edited for misspelled words.
But yeah, agreed on this. Perhaps the people I've listed could relay information to a good writer? That's probably our best bet, unless we find a good writer who's also a good battler.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Lmao yes xD.

But yeah, agreed on this. Perhaps the people I've listed could relay information to a good writer? That's probably our best bet, unless we find a good writer who's also a good battler.
It probably would be a good idea to actually have a committee on this, i mean i can do it i'm quite creative i just need someone to proof read for me.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
It probably would be a good idea to actually have a committee on this, i mean i can do it i'm quite creative i just need someone to proof read for me.

If i'm not mistaken interviews are already a planned thing, what are you guys suggesting?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I can always help talk about the metagame too, I'm pretty knowledgeable about it :D

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
If i'm not mistaken interviews are already a planned thing, what are you guys suggesting?
A main section in the newsletter for tournament champions in terms of interview, other stuff would be about the meta and how its evolving and what not.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
A main section in the newsletter for tournament champions in terms of interview, other stuff would be about the meta and how its evolving and what not.

I get the tournament stuff but you're suggesting other good battlers too? I like the idea i'm just having trouble following it lol

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I get the tournament stuff but you're suggesting other good battlers too? I like the idea i'm just having trouble following it lol
Oh no xD i was saying someone who actively battles and has good understanding of the meta on the site should be the one too write it if anything so they can make comments/exposes on pokemon who are trending within teams or falling off and haven't been seen in awhile.

testing