• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Best and worst games ever in your opinion (justification required)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The thread title is pretty self explanitory, so i'll go over the thread rules instead:
  • all opinions must be justified. if it is not, please edit your post and justify your opinions. If you forget, you will be reminded and you must edit your post: don't make a new post with your justification.
  • You may change your opinions, as i know that people have changes of heart. Do so in new posts, but if you are clearly just PC spamming a moderator will be notified. To try and discourage it, there is a limit of 3 posts declaring your favorite/least favorite game every 2 weeks which must be at least 5 days apart.
  • You may discuss each others opinions provided you don't double-post. However, you may double post if you post an opinion and then you discuss someone else's opinion.
  • No flaming. if you disagree, say why you disagree.
  • anyone who says pokemon for their favorite will be shot
To get the thread started, my favorite game is Super Mario Galaxy because it was innovative and just plain fun, while my least favorite is Super Mario Galaxy 2 because they stole too much from older games and the magic of Galaxy had gone. Also all of the games I've ever played I liked so much, so its really the game I love the least rather than a game i hate.

Last edited:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this but, Madden is easily my favorite game, the ultimate team mode is addicting as hell and it never gets boring. Anyone who is in to football in the slightest would love it and anyone who isn't into football can learn fairly easily!

My least favorite game that i've played probably has to be anything that's insanely hard on purpose like super meat boy, I know it's a really good game for a lot of people but it's so rage inducing that i can't even try to beat it lol

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Pokemon Emerald
I'm gonna go second by saying Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Not only does it have a great story, it really did build on it's predecessors in terms of graphics, GUIs, etc - a very good aspect of the entire Elder Scrolls series. As well as this, Skyrim goes to no end making you do endless quests to completely finish the game, and whilst some people may hate trying to glitch up mountains for hours on end, I feel that the designers were really trying to go all out. As well as being a great game, the DLC that was added is also inventive and tries to really enhance the gameplay prior to it. Even if all that isn't enough, it can also be modded for almost infinite play time.

My least favourite game is probably Star Trek. Seriously, don't buy this game. The graphics look terrible for its time, the controls are fiddly and the gameplay is just awful.

RedZShadow

Youngster Joey
Credits
Best game on the DS was The World End With You, ever well written story line that was really interesting and the combat was great. Not your turn based combat, had to control both screen to fight. Also you can adjust your own level, lower lvl you have less hp but higher drop or go high lvl for low drop rate but easier fights.

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Duke Nukem forever will probably forever be the worst game I have ever had the displeasure of playing.
The game itself took 10 years to come out and it turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments ever. It probably didn't help that the game was really hyped up when it was announced and when it didn't even come close to the hype it got it just plummeted in the hearts of most Duke Nukem fans, probably pissed a lot of people off that they spent money on that piece of trash.
Now I personally did not pay for the game, my friend basically payed me to take the game off of his hands (2 bucks) which just goes to show you how much he hated the game.
I personally can't think of any game in my head that's worse than this.

If I'm bringing up games that are awful because they didn't live up to the hype I'd include Watchdogs as one of them, but I'll not rant about that game as well, hate that I spent the full price on it because I expected it to be an amazing game.

As for favorite games I'd have to put Tales Of Vesperia, the Gears Trilogy (because Judgement doesn't exist), Call Of Duty WaW, MW2, Catherine, Brutal Legend, Titanfall, and probably more that are slipping my mind at this very moment.

Anyways, lovely idea for a thread, I really enjoyed it n_n.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Duke Nukem forever will probably forever be the worst game I have ever had the displeasure of playing.
The game itself took 10 years to come out and it turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments ever. It probably didn't help that the game was really hyped up when it was announced and when it didn't even come close to the hype it got it just plummeted in the hearts of most Duke Nukem fans, probably pissed a lot of people off that they spent money on that piece of trash.
Now I personally did not pay for the game, my friend basically payed me to take the game off of his hands (2 bucks) which just goes to show you how much he hated the game.
I personally can't think of any game in my head that's worse than this.

If I'm bringing up games that are awful because they didn't live up to the hype I'd include Watchdogs as one of them, but I'll not rant about that game as well, hate that I spent the full price on it because I expected it to be an amazing game.

As for favorite games I'd have to put Tales Of Vesperia, the Gears Trilogy (because Judgement doesn't exist), Call Of Duty WaW, MW2, Catherine, Brutal Legend, Titanfall, and probably more that are slipping my mind at this very moment.

Anyways, lovely idea for a thread, I really enjoyed it n_n.
I'm seconding your opinion on Titanfall. Other games that do spring to mind for me however are: Dishonored, TF2, Castle Crashers, Far Cry 3, Hotline Miami and Portal.

Inb4 someone puts Minecraft

testing