• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed [CAP] Fairy's Demon [QC Reject 2/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronKnuckleLucario

Youngster Joey
Credits
Name: Fairy's Demon

Description of Concept: A pokémon made specifically for countering fairy-type pokémon.

Reason for Concept: With the recent addition of fairy-types, the search for counters is of vital importance. However, most poison and steel -types are defensively oriented; and the few that are pointed towards attack are not often particularly viable. By creating a viable counter, it would cut down on the amount of fairies used and force users to create more inventive teams rather than just using a powerful type.

Pretty much just made this because I hate fairy types, and there are likely several points necessary to refine the idea. Go ahead.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Name: Fairy's Demon

Description of Concept: A pokémon made specifically for countering fairy-type pokémon.

Reason for Concept: With the recent addition of fairy-types, the search for counters is of vital importance. However, most poison and steel -types are defensively oriented; and the few that are pointed towards attack are not often particularly viable. By creating a viable counter, it would cut down on the amount of fairies used and force users to create more inventive teams rather than just using a powerful type.

Pretty much just made this because I hate fairy types, and there are likely several points necessary to refine the idea. Go ahead.
The main problem that I see with this concept is that Fairy-types a: aren't hard to deal with, and b: have a large number of checks and counters already. I mean, there are a large number of checks which are viable in OU: we have Aegislash, M-Mawile, (Mega) Scizor, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Bisharp, Gengar, Heatran, Mega Metagross, Magnezone, Klefki, Dragalge, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, Victini, Amoonguss, Mega Beedrill, Chansey (and by extension Blissey), Bronzong, Gastrodon, Seismitoad, Cresselia and Magneton - as well as some niche stuff in C- and D. That is a pretty damn long list if you ask me, and it is why I am not that convinced about this one. I'll give people a little while to discuss this before I make a judgement, but I am very heavily leaning towards rejecting this atm.

IronKnuckleLucario

Youngster Joey
Credits
Understand your point but would like to mention that a large portion of your list are either defensive, such as Blissey, meaning that though they may stand against fairies, cannot fight back; and some are in lower tiers, such as Mega-Beedrill in UU. Don't mind a poor reception as the idea focuses less on meta game than the others and may be less suited to the project.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Understand your point but would like to mention that a large portion of your list are either defensive, such as Blissey, meaning that though they may stand against fairies, cannot fight back; and some are in lower tiers, such as Mega-Beedrill in UU. Don't mind a poor reception as the idea focuses less on meta game than the others and may be less suited to the project.
First to adress the lower tier point; usage/placement =/= viability, with things like Mega Beedrill and Amoonguss being good in the tier.

If I remove all of the defensive 'mons which can't directly take it down, it still leaves all of the following:

Aegislash, M-Mawile, (Mega) Scizor, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Bisharp, Gengar, Heatran, Mega Metagross, Magnezone, Dragalge, Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, Victini, Amoonguss, Mega Beedrill, Bronzong and Magneton.

The thing is, a lot of defensive 'mons are capable of beating them 1v1 due to moves like Iron Head, Gyro Ball and Sludge Bomb being commonplace on them, which means that the defensive 'mons don't particularly struggle with them unless they are forced into Seismic Toss, and it makes fairies significantly easier to deal with overall. I agree that it is by far the best type atm (mostly due to versatility within fairies), but it isn't problematic to the level that you are letting on tbh.

IronKnuckleLucario

Youngster Joey
Credits
"When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them."-Confucius. This idea has little actual premise to it and will likely add very little to the meta game, especially on further thought. QC Denial 1/2

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
"When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them."-Confucius. This idea has little actual premise to it and will likely add very little to the meta game, especially on further thought. QC Denial 1/2
Remember not to double post :p

Due to the negativity of the idea on this thread, I'm just gonna just stop further discussion. QC Denial 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing