Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
So this is more of an ideas thread for me, and I welcome all contributions if you want to leave one.

I've been starting using some game engines, and I'm looking for something to strive for. Namely, a type of 2D side-scroller. Ideas aren't exactly my strong suit however, and I was just wondering what creativity all of you guys had.

I welcome all ideas, and if I manage to get the best one done, there might be a prize in store :p

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Take Super Mario Bros, but change Mario to Chuck Norris

You could do something where the aim is to find a key and get it to some sort of exit, but to differentiate it from Mario VS Donkey Kong maybe add in some sort of combat element that isn't just picking up enemies/barrels and throwing them at each other, maybe by scattering different weapons around the map, but to stop people just going for their most comfortable one every time mix up the selection in each level - put them out of their comfort zone.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Take Super Mario Bros, but change Mario to Chuck Norris

You could do something where the aim is to find a key and get it to some sort of exit, but to differentiate it from Mario VS Donkey Kong maybe add in some sort of combat element that isn't just picking up enemies/barrels and throwing them at each other, maybe by scattering different weapons around the map, but to stop people just going for their most comfortable one every time mix up the selection in each level - put them out of their comfort zone.
So 2D Halo mixed with Another Perspective lmao (Matt_192 makes a reference that no one will get)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
a guy with a laser grappling device, and you have to attach it to walls and ceilings to swing yourself around, while avoiding traps. The point is to get to the exit door. Some levels could have coins you have to collect, or maybe people to save.

Lotad Is Beast

Youngster Joey
Credits
a guy with a laser grappling device, and you have to attach it to walls and ceilings to swing yourself around, while avoiding traps. The point is to get to the exit door. Some levels could have coins you have to collect, or maybe people to save.
nice idea ive never seen a grappling hook side scroler before

TheCreatures

Top Dog
Credits
Kind of an Avatar: TLAB mix, and you have to destroy obstacles with different elemental moves. (IE: Earth, Water, Fire, Air)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Kind of an Avatar: TLAB mix, and you have to destroy obstacles with different elemental moves. (IE: Earth, Water, Fire, Air)
sounds like pokemon in real time

Agatha Christie

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How about a game where you have to save a princess from a tower. But, their will be choices you have to make on your way up the tower that will affect the outcome of the game. You come have a field that you can to defeat monsters, form evil people, or some kind of goal before you can advance to the next level.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
How about a game where you have to save a princess from a tower. But, their will be choices you have to make on your way up the tower that will affect the outcome of the game. You come have a field that you can to defeat monsters, form evil people, or some kind of goal before you can advance to the next level.
Thanks guys for all the support :D I'm gonna try mixing some of these ideas, and anymore if they come. :) I'll send rewards out soon as well

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
IMO make Super Smash Flash 3

testing