• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Singles,Doubles or Triples?

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
wich battle format do you prefer? i personally love triples cause it way more skilled gameplay but none seems to be interested in it nowdays! i am really interested to see what PP community prefers!

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
wich battle format do you prefer? i personally love triples cause it way more skilled gameplay but none seems to be interested in it nowdays! i am really interested to see what PP community prefers!
single or doubles mostly

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Triples is terrible imo.

I originated in Doubles and VGC format. It requires more skill to predict 2 Pokémon at once and doesn't seem so reliant on team match ups.

I've been playing 6v6 OU Singles since I became a member on this website. I like it, but it relies a lot on a perfect lead and team match ups.

When skilled battlers go against each other in Singles, you just predict switches until someone gets hit hard or OHKOed. It sort of feels like a game of dodgeball, lmfao.

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I mostly do singles or doubles but for practicing predictions, I go with the rotation format.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I play mainly doubles and rotation. I prefer Rotation over Singles because the battle format is ultimately Singles with a free switch-in so in most cases the battle isn't as heavily focused on 1v1. I have to keep an eye on four/three as opposed to a single Pokemon.

Doubles is by far my favorite format because I'm forced to think about the synergy between my own Pokemon while keeping an eye on how my opponent builds their own synergy.

I'm not a fan of Singles because there's too much emphasis on checks and counters.

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I prefer Singles or Rotation, rotation more because I like correctly guessing which side my opponent will switch to.

TyruntLover44

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I really like Singles, but I also like to use my Water-type Pokemon Strategies in Doubles and Triples as well.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I don't like triples, usually play singles, and would like to try doubles.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
well as it seems none here (except me) like triples :( thats a pity! i personally think that triple has so much more strategy than doubles or singles and the fact that you can even change the position of your pokemon in battle is crazy!!!

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
well as it seems none here (except me) like triples :( thats a pity! i personally think that triple has so much more strategy than doubles or singles and the fact that you can even change the position of your pokemon in battle is crazy!!!
Triples aren't usually popular compared to Singles or Doubles. To my stand point, triples provide great practice for predicting. Unlike Doubles where you have to focus on two pokemon, you have three pokemon that you have no clue on what they are going to or who they are going to attack. Triples and Rotation, imo, are the best way to come up with strategies and help your prediction skills.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I would prefer the game to be in doubles in makes you think about how you can pair up two Pokémon to achieve a great effect. I think that singles are a bit easy because you can predict when someone is going to switch based on simple factors. Triple is harder because you can switch which the order of your Pokémon, and your Pokémon are limited to certain Pokémon they can attack.

testing