• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

What is your favourite pokemon and why?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I thought I would start a thread just to get active people in the perfect pokemon community to share who their favourite pokemon is. Though I do not want this to just be a 1 word answer like "pikachu," so please write a brief description on why it is your favourite pokemon. Also feel free to provide pictures exc., or anything else you find creative to explain your answer.

I will go first:

Volcarona : I like volcarona for several reasons. The first would be that I have always liked bug pokemon but for the longest time and especially in gen 1, they have never really been viable. I know pokemon like venemoth from gen 1 are now viable with its ability, but back then there was no abilities so it made it hard to carry a bug in your lineup. There was also pokemon with high base stats like pinsir exc, but there just was not a large variety of bug type moves. Volcarona is also fire, which would make it the only bug/fire pokemon in the current pokemon era. Which in my opinion is pretty awesome! It is a nice combination it provides. It also wrecks in OU and has very nice bulk. No matter what battle I go into, I will carry a Volcarona, unless I am fighting a rock gym or something. Volcarona will remain my favourite for a while.

So now, its time for you guys to share :)

Iconoclasm

The Archetypal
Credits
Well Eric took my fava flav so it looks like I'll have to post my other bæ who ties for the first spot. That bæ is slowking! I know right now you are probably thinking please leave... NOW! But, hear me out. He has great SpA and SpD along with regenerator! Throw on an AV with any of the moves from his pretty damn good move pool and you can put in work. He is viable in OU as you can switch on an SpA, eat it, and dish out some hurt then you switch out and recover all the health from the damage done. Furthermore, he's looks like a pimp. I mean if you slapped a monocle on him you would think he was a British aristocrat! Plus, in the anime the pink pimposter could speak! I mean what more could you ask for?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Well Eric took my fava flav so it looks like I'll have to post my other bæ who ties for the first spot. That bæ is slowking! I know right now you are probably thinking please leave... NOW! But, hear me out. He has great SpA and SpD along with regenerator! Throw on an AV with any of the moves from his pretty damn good move pool and you can put in work. He is viable in OU as you can switch on an SpA, eat it, and dish out some hurt then you switch out and recover all the health from the damage done. Furthermore, he's looks like a pimp. I mean if you slapped a monocle on him you would think he was a British aristocrat! Plus, in the anime the pink pimposter could speak! I mean what more could you ask for?

Woo a long description....although an awkward one Is mega slowbro your go to?

shiiro

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Lucario the Aura Pokemon nuff said. Not only he is able to telepathically speak but his design is based on the Egyptian God Anubis. And he has one of the best looking Mega and OP ability to go with it. Furthermore shiny Lucario is gold and looks even sick when Mega evolve. He is also one of the special pokemon that keeps getting featured in the pokemon series, eg: Korrina's Lucario, Riley's Lucario and even Maylene's Lucario :)
golden_wind_by_ravenmoonside.jpg

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Lucario the Aura Pokemon nuff said. Not only he is able to telepathically speak but his design is based on the Egyptian God Anubis. And he has one of the best looking Mega and OP ability to go with it. Furthermore shiny Lucario is gold and looks even sick when Mega evolve. He is also one of the special pokemon that keeps getting featured in the pokemon series, eg: Korrina's Lucario, Riley's Lucario and even Maylene's Lucario :) View attachment 667

lucario is cool, too bad hes ban in OU now. the regular form is still good but 92 base speed not enough for my likings

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Torchic_cute_2.png

Torchic <3
He is cute. Also, he was my starter 11 years ago when I played Ruby. I mean, I transferred my Ruby Torchic to ORAS :D
He's been with me for 11 years.

BlaZe_SquaD

Youngster Joey
Credits
Blaziken.
Got it in X/Y from the event, and loved it ever since!

Ytelval is a close runner-up. Gotta love oblivian wing.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Torchic_cute_2.png

Torchic <3
He is cute. Also, he was my starter 11 years ago when I played Ruby. I mean, I transferred my Ruby Torchic to ORAS :D
He's been with me for 11 years.

Are you going to use him for nfe ;)?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Blaziken.
Got it in X/Y from the event, and loved it ever since!

Ytelval is a close runner-up. Gotta love oblivian wing.

They are pretty cool pokemon . I wish that they were legal though xD. Especially blazeken

BlaZe_SquaD

Youngster Joey
Credits
They are pretty cool pokemon . I wish that they were legal though xD. Especially blazeken
Oh totally.
Blaziken may be great and all, but it's weakness to ground is a killer.

Hard to understand why it's an uber in itself lol. Only Blazikenite should be banned, IMO.

Prototype22

The Cyborg
Credits
My favorite pokemon should have to be alakazam because I like pychic types the most and it's naturally fast plus I love it's mega evolution it's totaly worth training an abra for it

Steelix

Youngster Joey
Credits
Steelix always was my favorite "back then". I don't even really know why. I mean it looks badass, of course. But apart from that it doesn't really stand out that much, does it?

Anwyway. I totally love its design and will include it in every single team ever.

Also after seeing through all the new Pokemon I must say that Zoroark looks damn amazing as well. I have never tried it in game so I can't say much about that. But the design sure is amazeballs. Contender for #2 I'd say. ;)

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Steelix always was my favorite "back then". I don't even really know why. I mean it looks badass, of course. But apart from that it doesn't really stand out that much, does it?

Anwyway. I totally love its design and will include it in every single team ever.

Also after seeing through all the new Pokemon I must say that Zoroark looks damn amazing as well. I have never tried it in game so I can't say much about that. But the design sure is amazeballs. Contender for #2 I'd say. ;)

I guess you're excited steelix got a mega than eh?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Whimsicott cause it's awesome, fun, adorable, underestimated and a great troll

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Whimsicott cause it's awesome, fun, adorable, underestimated and a great troll

Whimsicott is you're favorite? I was always under the impression it was Zygarde for some reason. Asl Whimsiscott is annoying as heck and should be a higher tier. Especially with its leech seed/substitute crap xD.

testing