• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

What is your favourite pokemon and why?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Whimsicott is you're favorite? I was always under the impression it was Zygarde for some reason. Asl Whimsiscott is annoying as heck and should be a higher tier. Especially with its leech seed/substitute crap xD.

Zygarde is top 10, used to be top 3 but whimsicott has been for a long time lol

Sabremon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I thought I would start a thread just to get active people in the perfect pokemon community to share who their favourite pokemon is. Though I do not want this to just be a 1 word answer like "pikachu," so please write a brief description on why it is your favourite pokemon. Also feel free to provide pictures exc., or anything else you find creative to explain your answer.

I will go first:

Volcarona : I like volcarona for several reasons. The first would be that I have always liked bug pokemon but for the longest time and especially in gen 1, they have never really been viable. I know pokemon like venemoth from gen 1 are now viable with its ability, but back then there was no abilities so it made it hard to carry a bug in your lineup. There was also pokemon with high base stats like pinsir exc, but there just was not a large variety of bug type moves. Volcarona is also fire, which would make it the only bug/fire pokemon in the current pokemon era. Which in my opinion is pretty awesome! It is a nice combination it provides. It also wrecks in OU and has very nice bulk. No matter what battle I go into, I will carry a Volcarona, unless I am fighting a rock gym or something. Volcarona will remain my favourite for a while.

So now, its time for you guys to share :)

I love caterpie, and electivire
Caterpie reason: He's the derpiest little guy and has a good move sticky web that slows all pokemon coming in, that could be a huge advantage and that could give you the win
Electivire: I've always loved this guy and how cool he looked since he came out, i really want one with the OT as "Sabremon" :O

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I love caterpie, and electivire
Caterpie reason: He's the derpiest little guy and has a good move sticky web that slows all pokemon coming in, that could be a huge advantage and that could give you the win
Electivire: I've always loved this guy and how cool he looked since he came out, i really want one with the OT as "Sabremon" :O

I could try to get you an electrivere nicknamed sabremon I suppose

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Ooooh yes! And when I saw how it looked I got even more excited.

I can't wait to use it in Battle. All I need is a Steelix... Still didn't manage to catch an Onix on my OR.

It was my first shiny in ORAS. Didnt really like it

Dewott

Youngster Joey
Credits
Dewott is my favorite because it just looks so cool swinging around those scallchops.

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
It' actually really tough to pick a number 1!

But for me, it's Garchomp.

I used to love hammerhead sharks and dragon type pokemon as a kid, plus he's pretty badass and looks awesome.

Pokemon X was the first game I'd played since gen 3 and I knew nothing about any new pokemon, safe to say I was a bit wowed when my Gabite evolved :)

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
It' actually really tough to pick a number 1!

But for me, it's Garchomp.

I used to love hammerhead sharks and dragon type pokemon as a kid, plus he's pretty badass and looks awesome.

Pokemon X was the first game I'd played since gen 3 and I knew nothing about any new pokemon, safe to say I was a bit wowed when my Gabite evolved :)

Sharpedo looks like garchomps head. Star and everything :eek:. Dundundun.

simbafromthe6

Youngster Joey
Credits
I grew up in the first generation so I'll have to go with gyrados, for some reason its amazing that he evolved from a useless pokemon that only knows splash. Plus he used to be dragon type

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I grew up in the first generation so I'll have to go with gyrados, for some reason its amazing that he evolved from a useless pokemon that only knows splash. Plus he used to be dragon type

sheer cold magikarp though

simbafromthe6

Youngster Joey
Credits
Damn I forgot about Machoke. Back then during the first Gen I was obsessed with Wrestling and to see machoke with a belt got me hype!

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Damn I forgot about Machoke. Back then during the first Gen I was obsessed with Wrestling and to see machoke with a belt got me hype!

machamp is nice to use in OU sometimes because of his ability

Steveb175

Youngster Joey
Credits
Machamp! Why? He was my most used and most powerful (other than legendaries of course) Pokémon in Ruby Version for the Gamebody Advanced. He was my favorite one to use in battle because of his extremely powerful attacks.
Now I'm just waiting for a mega evolution. :punch:

tumblr_nao6n3GORu1rw7u8ro1_1280.png

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Good question, what is my favourite Pokemon...
Probably Exploud because they brought me far in-game for a while and then tragically died. :'(

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Machamp! Why? He was my most used and most powerful (other than legendaries of course) Pokémon in Ruby Version for the Gamebody Advanced. He was my favorite one to use in battle because of his extremely powerful attacks.
Now I'm just waiting for a mega evolution. :punch:

tumblr_nao6n3GORu1rw7u8ro1_1280.png

but machamp can be female!

Menno Bosje

Youngster Joey
Credits
Ever since the first pokemon movie i've been a fan of Mew ! Best pokemon ever if you ask me ^^ Just so cute and elegant ^^

testing