Active Your favorite dual typing on a Pokemon ?

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
A dual typing is a Pokemon with two typings instead of the usual one for example Victni its typing is
fire.gif
and
psychic.gif
making it a pokemon with a dual type.

A PKMN being a dual type gets advantages access to a larger variety of moves which benefits the user in a battle but there are also disadvantageous for example with Scizor being a
bug.gif
and
steel.gif
type both these types have a common weakness of fire if Scizor is hit by a fire type attack the damage will be 4x.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here I ask you what two types do you think make the best pair reasons don't have to be connected to the competitive battle scene.
This includes pairings that no pokemon has of today.
I'll love to get a discussion going :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I really like Ludicolo's typing, Grass/Water

It's crazy good offensively and he has a nice movepool that comes along with it whether it's Scald/Leech Seed on a support set or Giga Drain/Hydro Pump on an offensive set, Grass neutralizes both of water's weaknesses and Water neutralizes the grass weakness to Fire and Ice, it's pretty solid all together

Other than that as mentioned in the OP, Scizor is great with only one weakness and a powerful offensive typing, he's a savage all together as is Genesect

SammyFeu

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Dark/Ghost dual typing takes it from me. Back when Sableye and Spiritomb had no weakness, it seemed so OP to me. But now Fairy just obliterates :(

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits

It's crazy good offensively and he has a nice movepool that comes along with it whether it's Scald/Leech Seed on a support set or Giga Drain/Hydro Pump on an offensive set, Grass neutralizes both of water's weaknesses and Water neutralizes the grass weakness to Fire and Ice, it's pretty solid all together

Other than that as mentioned in the OP, Scizor is great with only one weakness and a powerful offensive typing, he's a savage all together as is Genesect
Yeah I agree the typing
grass.gif
and
water.gif
work well together each helping out the other type on its more common weakness as mentioned add that typing onto a Ludicolo and you got yourself a great pokemon :)

Dark/Ghost dual typing takes it from me. Back when Sableye and Spiritomb had no weakness, it seemed so OP to me. But now Fairy just obliterates :(
Yee good ol Sableye you see it everywhere in battles a great supporter and don't worry even with the new
FairyIC_Big.png
type there still really common :D

Ghost/Dragon. Just because it sounds cool. No idea how effective it is. :p
Yee I feel the same way for the typing
fire.gif
and
ice.gif
:]

SammyFeu

Pokémon Champion
Credits

I'm excited for the Water/Fire typing that Volcanion will bring for reasons similar to this.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
As for me I would say I like the typing
fire.gif
and
fighting.gif
Blaziken and Infernape have always been cool pokemon to me in my childhood heart while there isn't really that much on the competitive side with the typing I like how because Blaziken and Infernape are part fighting type they could for that reason be able to know the electric type move Thunder Punch to deal with pesky water types :Inpain:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Water/Fairy is great. With just three weaknesses, it boasts 6 resistances as well as an immunity to Dragon to help your team deal with the Latis, Chomp, etc. Water/Fairy has pretty good offensive presence as well, especially seeing as fairy is now one of if not the best type in the game, as it deals with many common OU targets: dragon types, fighting types and the few dark types are rekt by Play Rough, the combination of Waterfall and Aqua (yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm just going on about Azu at this point lol) shuts down sandstorm, many common leads like Heatran and Hippowdon and generally does a hell of a lot of damage with the STAB boost.

hahaha I see you Psychic/Dark with one immunity and no resistances whatsoever (RIP Hoopa-U)

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Water/Fairy is great. With just three weaknesses, it boasts 6 resistances as well as an immunity to Dragon to help your team deal with the Latis, Chomp, etc. Water/Fairy has pretty good offensive presence as well, especially seeing as fairy is now one of if not the best type in the game, as it deals with many common OU targets: dragon types, fighting types and the few dark types are rekt by Play Rough, the combination of Waterfall and Aqua (yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm just going on about Azu at this point lol) shuts down sandstorm, many common leads like Heatran and Hippowdon and generally does a hell of a lot of damage with the STAB boost.

hahaha I see you Psychic/Dark with one immunity and no resistances whatsoever (RIP Hoopa-U)
lol thats true azu is everywhere at the beginning nobody knew how to deal with this berry munching monster :D
R.I.P Hoopa-U

Last edited:

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I really like the poison/dragon typing that Dragalge has. Not because of anything it adds competitively, but because the idea of a poison dragon is so cool to me.

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
For me its Fairy/Steel because so much defensive power
A new type Ghost/Fighting would be great.It may not have much resistant but just perfect nature coverage on just its Stab alone is awesome, and leave move slot for boosting move.
Back in the past a Dragon/Fighting would be good too for powerful coverage and resistant. If only Fairy type would not show up

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
I like Anything/Dragon, especially the unique ones like Dark and Poison. I really think they took too long creating a Fire/Dragon type.

I'm also fond of Bug/Steel and Water/Ground. They're both amazing types overall, with one 4x weakness each to stop them from being OP. And, these weaknesses are common - Fire and Grass, yo! - so utilizing a poke with one of these typing combinations takes some leet prediction skills.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Ghost normal would be very interesting :p victini is my fav of the current ones dou

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
are my favorite dual types. Not only does it take away 's weakness to moves, but most can learn moves making them extremely useful! Also, Mega Swampert is pretty cool!
tumblr_n6xkyggedI1rpghvco2_250.gif

jokerwillis

Youngster Joey
Credits
I like dark fire but I only know one with that typing.

testing