• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Dear ORAS Developers+

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Dear ORAS developers,

The game looks like it'll be a good one, I have seen some impressive stuff. I love the new mega Glalie design since it is such an under appreciated pokemon, the same goes for Lopunny. The game looks promising and of course i'll play it but I beg of you to stop with the new gen 1 mega evolutions. When i recently found out that Pidgeot one of the most classic pokemon out there was getting a mega evolution I was more upset than excited. Beedril followed soon after and this bumped up the grand total even higher. I'd like the mega announcements to slow down personally or atleast spread the love and stop messing with the classics so much.

Love Dom

(P.S. I swear if you give dragonite a mega evolution I will find you)

How do you guys feel about all of the classic mons getting changed around? It doesn't sit right with me personally, I think too many megas can be a bad thing

nicky2300

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
The P.S was a little harsh there

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

nicky2300

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I appreciate the insight and response to the question posed in the OP, thanks
But I bet ORAS will be good

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
But I bet ORAS will be good

Still not relevant to the op at all, I said I think it'll be good as well I'm not saying it won't I asked a question, even underlined it for skimmers

nicky2300

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Still not relevant to the op at all, I said I think it'll be good as well I'm not saying it won't I asked a question, even underlined it for skimmers
Beedrill is gonna get a mega a classic mon I would change is Machamp. Machamp I think should get a mega since it's powerful

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I'm not as concerned by the originals getting megas as I am by the lack of later gens not getting them.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Beedrill is gonna get a mega a classic mon I would change is Machamp. Machamp I think should get a mega since it's powerful
the point of most megas is to give the non-powerful a chance though

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'm not as concerned by the originals getting megas as I am by the lack of later gens not getting them.

That's an issue too, they aren't spreading it but I think the Mega Pidgeot really takes away from the nostalgia maybe it's just me

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Dear ORAS developers,

The game looks like it'll be a good one, I have seen some impressive stuff. I love the new mega Glalie design since it is such an under appreciated pokemon, the same goes for Lopunny. The game looks promising and of course i'll play it but I beg of you to stop with the new gen 1 mega evolutions. When i recently found out that Pidgeot one of the most classic pokemon out there was getting a mega evolution I was more upset than excited. Beedril followed soon after and this bumped up the grand total even higher. I'd like the mega announcements to slow down personally or atleast spread the love and stop messing with the classics so much.

Love Dom

(P.S. I swear if you give dragonite a mega evolution I will find you)

How do you guys feel about all of the classic mons getting changed around? It doesn't sit right with me personally, I think too many megas can be a bad thing
There are way more Hoenn Megas than Kanto Megas. I do agree that they're overdoing the mega Evolutions, though. Like, Mega Evolution is supposed to be a special power that only a handful of pokemon can utilize, yet there are 58 now, if I remember correctly (this is including pokemon that have multiple Mega Evolutions). That may not be a lot, since there are over 700, but it's just too much for me. In addition, I think that these colossal stat increases are way too powerful. I mean does Salamence really need 145 Attack 130 Defense AND 120 Speed with access to moves like Dragon Dance and an ability like Aerialate. ScarfChomp would be deemed pretty much pointless if this monstrosity were to stay in the OU tier, which hopefully it doesn't. I think they went a little overkill giving Beedrill 150 Base Attack and Adaptability with 145 base Speed.

All I have to say is this, GameFreak:

No chill.

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I'll be tired of more megas once wailord gets a mega;)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
There are way more Hoenn Megas than Kanto Megas. I do agree that they're overdoing the mega Evolutions, though. Like, Mega Evolution is supposed to be a special power that only a handful of pokemon can utilize, yet there are 58 now, if I remember correctly (this is including pokemon that have multiple Mega Evolutions). That may not be a lot, since there are over 700, but it's just too much for me. In addition, I think that these colossal stat increases are way too powerful. I mean does Salamence really need 145 Attack 130 Defense AND 120 Speed with access to moves like Dragon Dance and an ability like Aerialate. ScarfChomp would be deemed pretty much pointless if this monstrosity were to stay in the OU tier, which hopefully it doesn't. I think they went a little overkill giving Beedrill 150 Base Attack and Adaptability with 145 base Speed.

All I have to say is this, GameFreak:

No chill.

I'm just saying that gen 1 megas don't feel right because of the nostalgia and having watched pokemon as a kid with Ash's pidgeot and all that

But yeah when everything is special nothing is special

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I'm just saying that gen 1 megas don't feel right because of the nostalgia and having watched pokemon as a kid with Ash's pidgeot and all that

But yeah when everything is special nothing is special
But you can also look at the fact that if they didn't give gen 1 any megas, people would complain that their favorites from being a kid are useless compared to the others that get megas. Sure, it's nostalgia, but if they're going to have a bunch of megas, they gotta share the love.
Perhaps with gen 5 instead though...

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
But you can also look at the fact that if they didn't give gen 1 any megas, people would complain that their favorites from being a kid are useless compared to the others that get megas. Sure, it's nostalgia, but if they're going to have a bunch of megas, they gotta share the love.
Perhaps with gen 5 instead though...

Yeah but there are just too many in gen 1 I guess, just my opinion

Some pokemon could use them then others can't

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I agree. I mean, new megas is good, but Pidgey? That simply doesn't feel right! I don't want "classic" pokemons to have Mega Evolutions. I mean, the starters can have them (and they already do in X/Y), Mewtwo also feels right (again, on XY he has Mega), but other Pokemon? I don't want them to get Megas.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I agree. I mean, new megas is good, but Pidgey? That simply doesn't feel right! I don't want "classic" pokemons to have Mega Evolutions. I mean, the starters can have them (and they already do in X/Y), Mewtwo also feels right (again, on XY he has Mega), but other Pokemon? I don't want them to get Megas.

Is there any reason why it feels "wrong" for Pidgeot and not the starters? If anything, they're nearer to our hearts

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Is there any reason why it feels "wrong" for Pidgeot and not the starters? If anything, they're nearer to our hearts
well, no, but it doesn't feel right. Well, the starters are the starters, the first Pokemon that many of us had. But I don't really like this. They shouldn't make so many Megas imo.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
well, no, but it doesn't feel right. Well, the starters are the starters, the first Pokemon that many of us had. But I don't really like this. They shouldn't make so many Megas imo.

Then, honestly that's the problem...not the Pidgeot

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I don't have an issue with Mega Bird Jesus being a thing honestly nor classics getting mega evolutions. Since classic Pokemon are more popular it shouldn't be a surprise that they are getting megas.

I would like to see some generation 5 Pokemon though. Spread the love to the one generation that hasn't received any megas and then stop.

I will be upset if they give Pikachu a mega, mascot or not I think final evolutions should be the only ones to receive a mega form. They might have mentioned some sort of Pikachu mega stone in the anime though "if rumors are correct". :(

testing