• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Elite Four Members in the Gym Challenge!

How do you feel about this being implemented (if it will be)?

• Sounds nice, I like the extra challenge before the Champion

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Seems like a lot more work...

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Being champ wouldn't be easy the elite four wouldn't be push overs. They would be top battlers and have their own battle styles (double, triple, colour, stall, etc) that members might not be used to and make it difficult.

The champion has only been challenged once since the gym challenge came out. Keep it challenging but get some more activity happening there.

The reason why there was only one challenge is because the gyms are inactive IMO, I had originally pitched an idea for 8 gyms and 4 elite four members, Ideally this would eliminate the not as talented/inactive leaders. With less spots it would be tougher to get a spot and you would easily be replaced, This would effectively reduce the wait period for challenges while keeping it difficult. I'm not really sure why my idea got buried but it seemed to have much support last time it was thrown out there, Thoughts?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The reason why there was only one challenge is because the gyms are inactive IMO, I had originally pitched an idea for 8 gyms and 4 elite four members, Ideally this would eliminate the not as talented/inactive leaders. With less spots it would be tougher to get a spot and you would easily be replaced, This would effectively reduce the wait period for challenges while keeping it difficult. I'm not really sure why my idea got buried but it seemed to have much support last time it was thrown out there, Thoughts?
How would you decide on which 8 gyms stay though?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
How would you decide on which 8 gyms stay though?

Everyone who wants a gym will get one, assuming there are more than 8 users who want one, we can then make brackets and have the quarterfinalists get their gyms using the types they want, assuming more than one member want one type they will do the standard 2/3 rule we have in place right now with an uber each or no uber each (Just a detail)

When challenging for a spot you follow standard procedure unless the type you want is not a gym, then perhaps you could pick a gym to battle that you were neutral with and each use your team?

I haven't gone into detail with the last part yet just because there's no use unless it gets some thought or feedback I guess

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Everyone who wants a gym will get one, assuming there are more than 8 users who want one, we can then make brackets and have the quarterfinalists get their gyms using the types they want, assuming more than one member want one type they will do the standard 2/3 rule we have in place right now with an uber each or no uber each (Just a detail)

When challenging for a spot you follow standard procedure unless the type you want is not a gym, then perhaps you could pick a gym to battle that you were neutral with and each use your team?

I haven't gone into detail with the last part yet just because there's no use unless it gets some thought or feedback I guess
Fair enough. For the starting tournament, would people use their own gym teams? I feel that's a bit unfair tbf, like if fighting went up against dark

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Fair enough. For the starting tournament, would people use their own gym teams? I feel that's a bit unfair tbf, like if fighting went up against dark

Nope, normal teams like a bi weekly tournament would be

It's just to gauge skill and basic stuff like that

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Nope, normal teams like a bi weekly tournament would be

It's just to gauge skill and basic stuff like that
Ah sounds good. Are we going to make this official or just keep it private and to the owners of gyms?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Ah sounds good. Are we going to make this official or just keep it private and to the owners of gyms?

Considering everyone is able to be a gym leader, I think this would be like a gym reset to an extent

A lot of the users who want gyms have them because of the inactiveness and the fact that we have 18

I don't think gym leaders who currently have gyms should get benefits unless perhaps they have a certain W/L record and a certain number of matches perhaps to show they've been with their gym and been doing good with it because some users just take inactive gyms and lose most of their matches tbh

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Considering everyone is able to be a gym leader, I think this would be like a gym reset to an extent

A lot of the users who want gyms have them because of the inactiveness and the fact that we have 18

I don't think gym leaders who currently have gyms should get benefits unless perhaps they have a certain W/L record and a certain number of matches perhaps to show they've been with their gym and been doing good with it because some users just take inactive gyms and lose most of their matches tbh
Sounds good, but as this is such a major change, we should both probably Skype doulie to discuss it. The badges that people have obtained will need to be changed, plus the entire system will be edited. I'm up for it, but I feel we need to do more prep first.

Also, if this is supposed to be a reset, maybe this could be official?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Sounds good, but as this is such a major change, we should both probably Skype doulie to discuss it. The badges that people have obtained will need to be changed, plus the entire system will be edited. I'm up for it, but I feel we need to do more prep first.

Also, if this is supposed to be a reset, maybe this could be official?

I've pitched the idea before and people seem to be on board, if you want to work out details we can discuss them, I'm fine with that

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I've pitched the idea before and people seem to be on board, if you want to work out details we can discuss them, I'm fine with that
Sounds good, I'll try and get a convo up today and we can start going through everything.

testing