• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Elite Four Members in the Gym Challenge!

How do you feel about this being implemented (if it will be)?

• Sounds nice, I like the extra challenge before the Champion

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Seems like a lot more work...

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
It would have to either have to be a poll or a some sort of tournament and those who finish 1-4 make the elite four. :p
Do you mean a tournament between all members who have collected 18 badges? I don't think we have enough people for one of those to decide who the Elite Four members will be.

Unless you mean just a normal tournament with a bunch of members who want to be in the Elite Four to start things off (no badges required, just prove you're good). xD

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Do you mean a tournament between all members who have collected 18 badges? I don't think we have enough people for one of those to decide who the Elite Four members will be.

Unless you mean just a normal tournament with a bunch of members who want to be in the Elite Four to start things off (no badges required, just rove you're good). xD
Yeah no badges required just to start off.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits

Unless you mean just a normal tournament with a bunch of members who want to be in the Elite Four to start things off (no badges required, just prove you're good). xD
Yeah no badges required just to start off.
Alternatively, we could just offer it to the top 4 of the next tournament, to make it a bit easier on time and scheduling.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I think 18 badges should earn you something especially when you're literally the only person to have 19* badges and not be the champion xD

I think it'd be wrong not to offer anyone with 18-19 badges a spot on the E4 before hosting the tournament just because they worked so hard already

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I think 18 badges should earn you something especially when you're literally the only person to have 19* badges and not be the champion xD

I think it'd be wrong not to offer anyone with 18-19 badges a spot on the E4 before hosting the tournament just because they worked so hard already
That is true or we could give them a bye in the tournament making as fair as possible?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
That is true or we could give them a bye in the tournament making as fair as possible?
Or maybe it could go to the top 3 of the tourney?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Honestly I think we would need to be more active site.....plus what are the odds someone would beat the 4 best players consecutively?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Honestly I think we would need to be more active site.....plus what are the odds someone would beat the 4 best players consecutively?
They wouldn't have to be consecutively, just at any point.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Although consecutively would make more challenging and competitive
True, but how many people on this site do you think could do that? o_O

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
True, but how many people on this site do you think could do that? o_O

That's the point, they're called the Elite 4 not 4 scrubs and a champ

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
That's the point, they're called the Elite 4 not 4 scrubs and a champ
I see it as the elite four route would be a shorter more challenging way to challenge the champion.

Shorter way (elite four): more challenging and competitive.

Longer way (18 badges) counter team to the top.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I see it as the elite four route would be a shorter more challenging way to challenge the champion.

Shorter way (elite four): more challenging and competitive.

Longer way (18 badges) counter team to the top.
Oh, was the the plan to do either? I guess that could work tbh. :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
What o_O

Is that the idea to do either? Because i don't really like not having to get the badges, doesn't make sense IMO

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Oh, was the the plan to do either? I guess that could work tbh. :)

What o_O

Is that the idea to do either? Because i don't really like not having to get the badges, doesn't make sense IMO
That's what I was thinking, people would have the option to either collect all 18 badges or collect 8 badges and defeat the elite four (like in the game).

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
That's what I was thinking, people would have the option to either collect all 18 badges or collect 8 badges and defeat the elite four (like in the game).

Being champ shouldn't be easy, I like the idea of all 18 badges and beating the E4 even if not consecutively

Otherwise everyone would challenge Rock and Ice as a given, how many people would challenge the good gym leaders if taking the E4 challenge? And how many would choose the E4 over gyms if they can easily counter team most gyms?

Just my thoughts

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Being champ shouldn't be easy, I like the idea of all 18 badges and beating the E4 even if not consecutively

Otherwise everyone would challenge Rock and Ice as a given, how many people would challenge the good gym leaders if taking the E4 challenge? And how many would choose the E4 over gyms if they can easily counter team most gyms?

Just my thoughts
Being champ wouldn't be easy the elite four wouldn't be push overs. They would be top battlers and have their own battle styles (double, triple, colour, stall, etc) that members might not be used to and make it difficult.

The champion has only been challenged once since the gym challenge came out. Keep it challenging but get some more activity happening there.

testing