• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Perfect BigBrother / BigSister Program

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
I would be interested in getting a tour round this site so to speak. I have read the rules, and will watch the videos when I get back, but I feel like I could still do with a bit of assistance.
Hey there! I'd be happy to help you out!
First thing first, do you have a particular reason for joining? Like, what do you want most out of this site? We'll start there, and work our way around!

RogueZephyr

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hey there! I'd be happy to help you out!
First thing first, do you have a particular reason for joining? Like, what do you want most out of this site? We'll start there, and work our way around!

There are a couple of things. First off I would love to improve both my competitive battling and my team building. Secondly, I enjoy genning stuff for people who need it, and I would like to get into that.

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
There are a couple of things. First off I would love to improve both my competitive battling and my team building. Secondly, I enjoy genning stuff for people who need it, and I would like to get into that.
That first part I can definitely help with!
First thing you're gonna want to do is check out the Pokemaster's Hall forum. It's very much a general purpose competitive battling section. Things like Simple Q Simple A, outside tournaments like Smogon Opens, and other metagame discussions. We also have (as you may have noticed) a gym system! You can challenge the gym leader, and if you win, you get a badge for the site! If may not sound a whole lot like the competition you're looking for right now, but those badges can help you earn your way into one of our Battle Teams. Periodically, we'll have "guild war" -style crew battles between the teams.
And of course, we have an internal matchmaking system for whichever ladder you'd like to play on!

Now, I'm not super knowledgeable about genning, to be honest with you. I love our genners, and I make use of their services on the reg. But I know about as much about how they do it as I know about how my favorite Panera makes their bread. I give money, I get delicious things.
That said, if you're already equipped for genning and just itching to go, set up a shop! You'll want to get familiar with Da Rules, and how the sites economy functions.
If you're wanting to get lessons on how to gen, though, I'm not 100% on how one goes about it. I do know that a few of our current sellers offer lessons. But this is a case by case basis kind of thing.

RogueZephyr

Youngster Joey
Credits
That first part I can definitely help with!
First thing you're gonna want to do is check out the Pokemaster's Hall forum. It's very much a general purpose competitive battling section. Things like Simple Q Simple A, outside tournaments like Smogon Opens, and other metagame discussions. We also have (as you may have noticed) a gym system! You can challenge the gym leader, and if you win, you get a badge for the site! If may not sound a whole lot like the competition you're looking for right now, but those badges can help you earn your way into one of our Battle Teams. Periodically, we'll have "guild war" -style crew battles between the teams.
And of course, we have an internal matchmaking system for whichever ladder you'd like to play on!

Now, I'm not super knowledgeable about genning, to be honest with you. I love our genners, and I make use of their services on the reg. But I know about as much about how they do it as I know about how my favorite Panera makes their bread. I give money, I get delicious things.
That said, if you're already equipped for genning and just itching to go, set up a shop! You'll want to get familiar with Da Rules, and how the sites economy functions.
If you're wanting to get lessons on how to gen, though, I'm not 100% on how one goes about it. I do know that a few of our current sellers offer lessons. But this is a case by case basis kind of thing.

I feel a lot more comfortable with genning than I do with battling, so I will certainly take a look at the forum you have suggested there. I have done a lot of genning for giveaways and such on Facebook, so I think the thing I really need to look at would be how to set up a shop (if there is any tutorial for that).

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
I feel a lot more comfortable with genning than I do with battling, so I will certainly take a look at the forum you have suggested there. I have done a lot of genning for giveaways and such on Facebook, so I think the thing I really need to look at would be how to set up a shop (if there is any tutorial for that).
To my knowledge, you just need to start a thread for your shop here. As always, do make sure you're familiar with the Community Rules, especially for Buying/Selling. And there is a helpful video available with a few tips for burgeoning shop owners.
Specifically, here are some things you should know:
Now, I'm not a seller but if memory serves, the minimum price is now 60PC.
And just to double check and make sure I haven't left anything out or led you astray on this, can we get a confirm?
@Cheza @cj-97 @Ary ?

Brophia

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could teach me, I'm lost and new!

testing