• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Perfect Mentoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Come to think of it an OU team doesn't sound bad.. What changes should I be making?

First off you need to replace Mega Kang and Genesect, the rest of the team: Rotom-W Landorus Heatran and Latios sound standard, You'll need two replacements if you want I can PM you to talk about it but Mega Scizor takes your mega spot and is comparable to genesect with nice BP Priority, I'd recommend a bulky roost SD set.

Heatran
Latios
Mega Scizor
Rotom-W
Landorus (I'm assuming Therian Form)

You'd have to give me details on sets, EV Spreads, Items, Natures, Etc

Beck

Who is Beck?
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
First off you need to replace Mega Kang and Genesect, the rest of the team: Rotom-W Landorus Heatran and Latios sound standard, You'll need two replacements if you want I can PM you to talk about it but Mega Scizor takes your mega spot and is comparable to genesect with nice BP Priority, I'd recommend a bulky roost SD set.

Heatran
Latios
Mega Scizor
Rotom-W
Landorus (I'm assuming Therian Form)

You'd have to give me details on sets, EV Spreads, Items, Natures, Etc
Will do tomorrow as I gotta nap and my 3DS is charging. Thank you.

Mark2706

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Really need help with my ru team. I've got
Ambipom - life orb or choice band
Crustle - rocky helmet
Whimiscott - focus sash
Jellicent - leftovers
doublade- eviolite
Houndoom - mega

Less

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Credits
Hello there! I am looking for an expert in Battle Spot battles (3v3).
I hope someone could help me. Thanks for any replies :3

GGNiko

Youngster Joey
Credits
I am kind of new on Pokemon, but I love competitive scenes, I have already researched about some things such as IV and EV, but I can't find some informations I really need to know before I start building my team.

So I'm looking for a mentor or anybody who can answer these questions (I swear I tried to find a topic with the answers, but failed):
  • What is more common: Single or Double battles? Or should I have teams ready for both?
  • In general, when can I use Uber Pokemons?
    • In official competitions (such as International Challenge), can I use Uber Pokemons?
    • In this forum's Gym Battles, can I use Uber Pokemons? Or just 1 as the leaders?
  • Where can I find more competitions to participate?

Also, after having these questions answered, I will need a little help on building my team and to learn to battle (someone to point good videos or even showing me).

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I am not native english speaker)

Beck

Who is Beck?
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I am kind of new on Pokemon, but I love competitive scenes, I have already researched about some things such as IV and EV, but I can't find some informations I really need to know before I start building my team.

So I'm looking for a mentor or anybody who can answer these questions (I swear I tried to find a topic with the answers, but failed):
  • What is more common: Single or Double battles? Or should I have teams ready for both?
  • In general, when can I use Uber Pokemons?
    • In official competitions (such as International Challenge), can I use Uber Pokemons?
    • In this forum's Gym Battles, can I use Uber Pokemons? Or just 1 as the leaders?
  • Where can I find more competitions to participate?

Also, after having these questions answered, I will need a little help on building my team and to learn to battle (someone to point good videos or even showing me).

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I am not native english speaker)
In my opinion, most players tend to play single battles. But there is also a huge number of double battle tournaments etc, it depends on one's own preference really.

Most of the time, Uber pokemon are completely banned off, unless specifically stated.
e.g. We had an Ubers tournament not long ago

PerfectPokemon organises Wifi tournaments quite oftenly, you should take part in them if you want some competition!

Reactions: Dom

Mark2706

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Would somebody be able to help with my ru team that can compete in 3v3 battles. Currently have
Ambipom- life orb and physical
Uxie- weakness policy/ bold and Max special and def
Houndoom- choice scarf/ timid
Amonguss- black sludge/ bold
Alomomla- leftover/ mixed with calm
Banette- mega/ physical att

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
.... Sorry Clutch said I just have to respond to the person who wanted one.... How do I become one?

You should read the OP

Mentor Requirements:
Must have a good understanding of the meta game and its mechanics.
Must be an active user.
Must be patient and understanding.
Must be willing to have a "tryout" battle (just as an indicator of your understanding).
Must be polite.

the bdr

Youngster Joey
Donor
Credits
I would like to be mentored. I am new to the site and competitive play and I would like some guidance on what I need to do and where I need to go. If anyone is willing to help out I would greatly appreciate it. I have a long way to go to stay in Team Nova so I am ready when you are. Thanks in advance!!!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I would like to be mentored. I am new to the site and competitive play and I would like some guidance on what I need to do and where I need to go. If anyone is willing to help out I would greatly appreciate it. I have a long way to go to stay in Team Nova so I am ready when you are. Thanks in advance!!!

Anything in specific?

the bdr

Youngster Joey
Donor
Credits
gym badges would be a good start. and if I fail to get them I will know where i stand

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
gym badges would be a good start. and if I fail to get them I will know where i stand

Gym battles would require you to fight in the OU tier on your end so OU is probably a place to start, did you have a team already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing