• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active PO Server

y/n?

• Total voters

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I don't understand, first you say it's for team battling and competitive discussion, and now it's for ranking? Isn't ranked matches on a simulator ENCOURAGING the use of simulators, which is bad for the site?

I see where your mid is at and although I agree with some of your points, I think that you're viewing simulators and wifi as competitors. Although they can be, in this case I think many users would use them to test teams easily then proceed to buy those tested teams on the site or use the competitive battling thread to discuss teams

PO would be beneficial with the rankings to make the system easy and it would also allow users to watch battles live which is beneficial

I think it has the potential to take members away from Wifi but not very many users, I don't think it would be detrimental to the site, I think it would add more than it would take away overall

That being said, I looked into the process but it was pretty confusing, has anyone tried it before?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I see where your mid is at and although I agree with some of your points, I think that you're viewing simulators and wifi as competitors. Although they can be, in this case I think many users would use them to test teams easily then proceed to buy those tested teams on the site or use the competitive battling thread to discuss teams

PO would be beneficial with the rankings to make the system easy and it would also allow users to watch battles live which is beneficial

I think it has the potential to take members away from Wifi but not very many users, I don't think it would be detrimental to the site, I think it would add more than it would take away overall

That being said, I looked into the process but it was pretty confusing, has anyone tried it before?
Do you mean making the PO server itself?... The only difficult part I see about doing it would be port forwarding, meaning we would need someone with a server PC to keep it going - even just an RPi would do it.

testing