• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Suggestions!

Less

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Credits
127-m.png
Hello there! I'm Less and slowly slowly some of you have heard of me LOL I'm a colourful graphic designer that leads one of the PP gyms!

666-t.png
So I had a bunch of thoughts that.. I don't know might help the site.. Let me start..
"I feel like PP has to be a bit more open to other fields as well.. like it's a competitive forum with it's own tier, tourney (with really good prizes) and where people learn to build competitive team and learn the basics.. I feel there should be a separate section for competitive battling and also a section of team rating where people who want to rate/help can rate teams just to make not rely team building on teams"
Adding onto my thought.. PP is becoming more and more functional competitive wise, we have our Showdown server and a lot of talented people start to pop up in our forum so why not enhance the Battling section in order to let new people what they need to find to start in the fierce fields of battling?

214-m.png
Next up..
"and then we have welcome also people who are not much into team building and more into news about pokemons, like to take a journalist group to scout out new events and news about pokemon world.. because battling is fascinating but to have more people coming in PP has to become all round pokemon source"
Eventually the environment in PP will make them interested in battling as we have the league for people who will start to get involved into. But we need a side pathways for people not interested as much in battling.
Talking for myself.. An artistic section would be amazing for me as I always look to be creative but I don't wanna request something too much off topic from the pokemon world so I'll keep this for myself LOL

015.png
Conclusion..
"The site on itself is really good at the moment, one of the fewest site that I saw with a really balanced economy whereas lot of sites (with no currency) they go ahead only because of the good will of their founder, while PP offers opportunities to people to make their own real business, winning tournament and with really good prizes that motivates people into taking part of forum activities."

That's really it from me.. Hope to see some support from the stuff for the ideas..
But if my ideas are not valid.. Then.. well I tried my best to give a flat opinion..
Thanks for reading this huge thing and pardon my really bad English!

illumise.gif
Keep in mind bugs will take over the world!
volbeat.gif

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like the ideas but i'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting personally. Maybe it's just me, I see the art thread which is a good idea but I don't know what you mean by enhance the battling aspect?

We also were meant to have a lively news section, we can reanimate the idea if some users would like to volunteer

Do you mind if I ask who you're quoting o.o

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like the ideas but i'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting personally. Maybe it's just me, I see the art thread which is a good idea but I don't know what you mean by enhance the battling aspect?

We also were meant to have a lively news section, we can reanimate the idea if some users would like to volunteer

Do you mind if I ask who you're quoting o.o
I think her point about the battling aspect is that we only have one thread that is actually for competitive battling, despite describing ourselves as a kind of alternative to Smogon, in a sense.

I think @Less 's point really is that instead of just one sub-forum, we should have a bigger section dedicated to it to broaden what we do. Just a random example would be a section specifically for RMTs, among other sub-forums.

Less

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Credits
The quotes are from a convo between me and @Matt_192 as I was lazy to rephrase lol
By enhancing the battle aspect I basically meant for a reserved section for battling itself, I repeat myself a lot >.< If people are worried about people ripping teams and stuff, we could make a protected section for battling reserved for members that are like active and do not just pass by to rip teams..

EDIT: Damn dat speed Matt lol

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I think her point about the battling aspect is that we only have one thread that is actually for competitive battling, despite describing ourselves as a kind of alternative to Smogon, in a sense.

I think @Less 's point really is that instead of just one sub-forum, we should have a bigger section dedicated to it to broaden what we do. Just a random example would be a section specifically for RMTs, among other sub-forums.

I understand that aspect and maybe a RMT forum would be good but you just clarified her general suggestion with a general suggerstion

"among other sub-forums."

RMT is worth discussing and has been suggested before, I like the idea and as an alternative for now we have Competitive Battling, this can be implemented

The thing I don't get is what other sub forums are being mentioned, I want specifics lol

If you want different forums for each tier then i'd go against that due to the lack of activity they'd have at the time, some subforums would see no life at all IMO

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I understand that aspect and maybe a RMT forum would be good but you just clarified her general suggestion with a general suggerstion

"among other sub-forums."

RMT is worth discussing and has been suggested before, I like the idea and as an alternative for now we have Competitive Battling, this can be implemented

The thing I don't get is what other sub forums are being mentioned, I want specifics lol

If you want different forums for each tier then i'd go against that due to the lack of activity they'd have at the time, some subforums would see no life at all IMO
I'd first recommend making separate Singles and Doubles sections, perhaps with a separate mentoring team for each sub-forum. The metagames are quite different, and I feel that both would warrant a sub-forum easily.

The RMT sub-forum has been discussed and sounds good to me to ease congestion in the other sub-forums.

I would suggest setting up a sub-forum for documenting analysis - this would mainly be done as a MASSIVE separate project where people can apply to make threads about Pokemon and how they work in specific tiers, similar to how Smogon have their dex but more oriented to our tiering system. This seems a bit too big to discuss here though so I'll make a separate thread about this at some point in the near future.

I would suggest, possibly, making an on-site competitive newsletter. We have the weekly newsletter sent to our emails, but I think this could be more competitively oriented, possibly with interviews and articles on different tiers/styles of play.

This is all I've got for now, but I'll keep brainstorming.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd first recommend making separate Singles and Doubles sections, perhaps with a separate mentoring team for each sub-forum. The metagames are quite different, and I feel that both would warrant a sub-forum easily.

The RMT sub-forum has been discussed and sounds good to me to ease congestion in the other sub-forums.

I would suggest setting up a sub-forum for documenting analysis - this would mainly be done as a MASSIVE separate project where people can apply to make threads about Pokemon and how they work in specific tiers, similar to how Smogon have their dex but more oriented to our tiering system. This seems a bit too big to discuss here though so I'll make a separate thread about this at some point in the near future.

I would suggest, possibly, making an on-site competitive newsletter. We have the weekly newsletter sent to our emails, but I think this could be more competitively oriented, possibly with interviews and articles on different tiers/styles of play.

This is all I've got for now, but I'll keep brainstorming.

Are these just all repurposed smogon ideas o_O

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I might be able to add a set of forums "like the e4 in the poke gym forums" that can only be viewed by registered members if enough people think it's worth making.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Are these just all repurposed smogon ideas o_O
No o_O I started up the analysis a while ago, specifically targeted at ORAS megas which you were even involved in. It didn't get anywhere very much so we could at least try and make an effort if we had a sub-forum to congregate ideas.

Secondly, the newsletter actually seems like a valid idea, I don't see your issue with it.

Finally, why would we just C+P Smogon ideas? That's just a bit ridiculous IMO. We're trying to set ourselves apart from them, not continue down the same way.

Anyways, I'll think of more ideas.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
No o_O I started up the analysis a while ago, specifically targeted at ORAS megas which you were even involved in. It didn't get anywhere very much so we could at least try and make an effort if we had a sub-forum to congregate ideas.

Secondly, the newsletter actually seems like a valid idea, I don't see your issue with it.

Finally, why would we just C+P Smogon ideas? That's just a bit ridiculous IMO. We're trying to set ourselves apart from them, not continue down the same way.

Anyways, I'll think of more ideas.

Didn't say I had an issue with the newsletter or any of them, they just seemed to be converging with smogon's ideas in their monthly newsletter type of thing, their analyses dex/forums, etc

Not objecting just noting similarities

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Wait... Just checked, do we not already have a team rating / team building section on the site already?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Wait... Just checked, do we not already have a team rating / team building section on the site already?

We've been using Competitive Battling since there wasn't much reason to separate it into its own thing

They're requesting a RMT sub forum specifically which we do not have

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
We've been using Competitive Battling since there wasn't much reason to separate it into its own thing

They're requesting a RMT sub forum specifically which we do not have
Alright, I can add a set of forums inside the competitive battling forums for rating teams.

I'm pretty sure I can make it so only registered members can view these forums.

Less

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Credits
I know this is mostly a competitive site.. But we have to welcome even people who are not interested in battling, maybe more interested in news about pokemon, artistic views of pokemon or even TCG (Even tho is not much popular, those are just rough ideas before going deeply in them I just wanted to know if they are viable ideas).. Just reminding the other part of my suggestions..

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Some of the sites social media posts about other Pokemon related things, new games, events, movies etc

The site also has the news forums and a weekly newsletter that talks about site and other Pokemon related news.

I had suggested a dedicated news page a while back that people seemed to like so it could still be an option and include Pokemon movie news, events etc.

testing