• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Team War Suggestion

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I thought of something and thought I would bring it up in a thread.

Currently the team wars are going on, which is great, however, teams are mainly using the same battlers, the best they have. I understand why but it will lead to other members of the team feeling alienated which I know nobody wants. It's all well and good say practice etc. which people should, but some people simply have less time then others.

So I thought maybe teams could have something like tiers, the best battlers in the team being in tier one, medium battlers tier two and people new to battling in tier three. This allows everyone a chance to represent their team and also allows the battles to remain competitive. Obviously more than 3 could be in place, just an example.

The leaders of each team would decide where each new member goes based on a test battle. People, depending on how they do against other teams, could then gain points and eventually rank up/down.

It may not be the most popular idea, however, you allow all of your members to be involved and earn their chance.

#GoTeamNova :)
I think it is a little unfair to rate members, and many may feel insecure. I keep private tabs, and I ask my whole team who wants to battle, and anyone is welcome. Against the better teams, I usually try to make it so 2 of our better members go to war with one member with skills who aren't as comparable to the others.We then put the lesser battler against that teams lesser battler who has challenged. It has worked well, and anyone who has asked to join a war has gotten to if they joined fast enough :) I feel that having actual ranks is diminishing, and should only be something that is made by the team leaders. Therefore, the members feel wanted, and they can challenge. Maybe the leader could PM/IM the good active battlers of the team, and tell them the situation, just so there can be a nice even battle. I love the idea tho, but the follow through may be simple, and up to team leaders :D

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I think it is a little unfair to rate members, and many may feel insecure. I keep private tabs, and I ask my whole team who wants to battle, and anyone is welcome. Against the better teams, I usually try to make it so 2 of our better members go to war with one member with skills who aren't as comparable to the others.We then put the lesser battler against that teams lesser battler who has challenged. It has worked well, and anyone who has asked to join a war has gotten to if they joined fast enough :) I feel that having actual ranks is diminishing, and should only be something that is made by the team leaders. Therefore, the members feel wanted, and they can challenge. Maybe the leader could PM/IM the good active battlers of the team, and tell them the situation, just so there can be a nice even battle. I love the idea tho, but the follow through may be simple, and up to team leaders :D

It isn't like telling people "Hey you suck", people that aren't as skilled or experienced are usually aware of this and IMO it motivates them to practice

They would be tested to get their ranks and would only be subject to ranking with their approval so they would know it was going to happen anyway

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
i wouldn't do it honestly. If you battle someone who is way better than you, and has more experience, you can learn a lot and be a better battler. Overall, battling against someone who is better than you can make you gain experience more, know some tactics from better battlers, and of course be a better battler.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
i wouldn't do it honestly. If you battle someone who is way better than you, and has more experience, you can learn a lot and be a better battler. Overall, battling against someone who is better than you can make you gain experience more, know some tactics from better battlers, and of course be a better battler.

Practice battles and battling for experience have their own place separate from battles that have rewards and are important IMO

Of course any battle can help you get better

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Practice battles and battling for experience have their own place separate from battles that have rewards and are important IMO

Of course any battle can help you get better
lol alright Dom, and not every battle helps you better, just ask my little brother (sucks at battling)

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
It makes an assumption that everyone here wants to be overally competitive wit their battling as well. Remember the whole point of pokemon is to have fun, some people will prefer battling people on a similar level. If a raking system was implemented, nobody would force anybody into participating in it. It would just be a tool to help people battle those on a similar level, it doesn't need to be seen as anything more than a helpful resource.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
lol alright Dom, and not every battle helps you better, just ask my little brother (sucks at battling)

I would argue that even if you suck horribly a battle is still a small bit of experience but that's just a debate to an extent.

Also, perhaps lower ranked members would gain the confidence to join in on Team Wars if a system like this was available

I know that doulie mentioned it was allowed for people to just challenge and such but, maybe they're nervous they might get a really hard matchup.

Just my view, it may sound silly but, people do get nervous and don't participate in things like this (I've seen it happen)

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I would argue that even if you suck horribly a battle is still a small bit of experience but that's just a debate to an extent.

Also, perhaps lower ranked members would gain the confidence to join in on Team Wars if a system like this was available

I know that doulie mentioned it was allowed for people to just challenge and such but, maybe they're nervous they might get a really hard matchup.

Just my view, it may sound silly but, people do get nervous and don't participate in things like this (I've seen it happen)
Good points there jake and Dom.

testing