• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Do You Ever Rush to Finish Games Before Something Else Comes Out?

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
The title is pretty self explanatory. For whatever reason I feel compelled to complete as much of another game I'm working on as possible before the release date of something I am really hyped up for. For instance, I've started to really get into my Steam collection now that ORAS is only a month away. Anyone else do this?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I'd love to open last of Us Remastered but i still feel compelled to finish destiny which is taking forever because you technically can't even finish the damn game xD

I only like multiplayer games for the most part because they don't get boring as fast so when the things i'd like to do consist of Madden ultimate team, fifa ultimate team, and hitting level 30 in destiny it becomes quite hard considering the first two never end and the last is all RNG

Faith Hunter

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I leave games unfinished. I take long extended breaks, and since I'm an avid MMO player, I never really consider any game finished, and some games release DLC, nowadays I just wait for GOTY editions to avoid having to purchase constant DLC releases that make little to no sense to me.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I guess for the two of you the question is do you spend more time gaming before another game comes out?

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I just hit top 100 madden every year, as soon as I do that I'm done. Also some games can't be finished. Like Zombies for example.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I take my time playing my games. I enjoy picking up a game and completing it as thoroughly as I possibly could, but I take several breaks.

As of now I'm taking my time playing Beyond Two Souls, and I got into Shin Megami Tensei 4 and I am hooked on it.

I'm very likely to take my time with the ORAS storyline leading up to the Elite 4. If anything I'm preparing a few eggs with 0 IVs and hindering natures to add a little challenge to the game.. even though I know it'll be doable anyway.

Faith Hunter

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
@notsoclutch - I play a lot of games, my current obsession is Borderlands 2 and Super Hexagon. Lol. I know BL2 has been out for a while, but I only really got to play it a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love everything about it. Super Hexagon is just mean and addicting.

@PunSniperSylveon - Beyond Two Souls was soooo good. I did co-op with my then-girlfriend, and we both loved it. Don't think I got a chance to play out all the possible outcomes though, we decided to end the game with the decisions we made. Though, I might go back to it one day.

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I don't rush any of my games cause I usually stop for awhile, play a new game then go back to where I left off my last game and continue on.

I've been playing God Eater 2 recently trying to upgrade my god arc weapons and trying to unlock new blood arts. Plus I like to keep up with the DLCs that are being released too.

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
@notsoclutch - I play a lot of games, my current obsession is Borderlands 2 and Super Hexagon. Lol. I know BL2 has been out for a while, but I only really got to play it a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love everything about it. Super Hexagon is just mean and addicting.

@PunSniperSylveon - Beyond Two Souls was soooo good. I did co-op with my then-girlfriend, and we both loved it. Don't think I got a chance to play out all the possible outcomes though, we decided to end the game with the decisions we made. Though, I might go back to it one day.
Super Hexagon is pretty good, there is even a port of it for the TI-Nspire calculators (so I play it both on PC and calculator lol). I liked the first Borderlands (I have they GOTY Edition) but never played the second one. Is it worth it?

Faith Hunter

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
@gnmmarechal - I love BL2, I use Gaige, but she's pretty OP, in co-op I can practically solo things with my robot, while my partner is away lol. Never played BL GOTY though, but I own it, who knows, maybe I'll pop it in and play it with my friend. :)

gnmmarechal

Pokémon Champion
Credits
@gnmmarechal - I love BL2, I use Gaige, but she's pretty OP, in co-op I can practically solo things with my robot, while my partner is away lol. Never played BL GOTY though, but I own it, who knows, maybe I'll pop it in and play it with my friend. :)
However you can no longer play online MP, due to Gamespy getting shut down.

testing