Life Time Careers

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I want to see what the people of this site are interested in about jobs they are or want to be when they grow up. I want to see if you can tie anything you learn from Pokémon to bring into your job. I want to see if they caused anyone to pick a certain field they would like to go into. could you explain why you want to get into that job. Thanks.
I would like to be a Children's doctor. I love to work with the little ones, and because children are easier to control than some adults.
I would also like to be a forensic scientist that works with crime scenes. helping put away evil people and help solve real mysteries and help comforting families who these people hurt.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I'm on the path to 3D Animation for video game and movie art. I have been drawing since I was two years old when I got mad at my mom for being better at colouring then me and stormed off and practiced until I was better then her.

Video games and anime have been some of my favorite things and I got in trouble a lot of story boarding instead of doing class work in grade 4, my story boards were Pokemon based because of the easy story lines and I created a lot of Fakemons that I put in it.

I made my mark in school as "the artist" everyone seemed to know, lots of people still come up to me and know my name and that I draw and I have no idea who they are but apparently we went to Junior High together (which was only two years ago).

I'm learning 3D Animation software in Film and Video Production class soon and have connections to someone in Disney and Computer Programming, apparently two of my cousins. My mom is going to try to set up a time for me to talk to them when we all have the time so I can ask questions and get tips for my career.

I'm excited for that day but currently I'm just doing my best in school and working on drawing style and training my brain to understand more of the human body and other physics of things. :)

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I'm on the path to 3D Animation for video game and movie art. I have been drawing since I was two years old when I got mad at my mom for being better at colouring then me and stormed off and practiced until I was better then her.

Video games and anime have been some of my favorite things and I got in trouble a lot of story boarding instead of doing class work in grade 4, my story boards were Pokemon based because of the easy story lines and I created a lot of Fakemons that I put in it.

I made my mark in school as "the artist" everyone seemed to know, lots of people still come up to me and know my name and that I draw and I have no idea who they are but apparently we went to Junior High together (which was only two years ago).

I'm learning 3D Animation software in Film and Video Production class soon and have connections to someone in Disney and Computer Programming, apparently two of my cousins. My mom is going to try to set up a time for me to talk to them when we all have the time so I can ask questions and get tips for my career.

I'm excited for that day but currently I'm just doing my best in school and working on drawing style and training my brain to understand more of the human body and other physics of things. :)
That's really interesting. Their is a lot you can do with these gifts. The most important thing to do is to have fun and to stay on your path. Good Luck:D

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
I'm practically living a lifetime career, I work as the store manager at a shop called Anime Fix in St. Petersburg, Florida. I'm in charge of the store during the off-seasons for conventions and attend local conventions to sell our merchandise in the Marketplaces. I even travel to different places to make deals with the local anime stores of the places I travel. I was the youngest store manager in the store's history (I became the store manager at 19 beating the previous record, 23) and have made many contract deals since I began as an associate. I worked hard to earn my place as store manager but that doesn't mean I can slack off, I always set an example to the employees and other managers to follow.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I'm practically living a lifetime career, I work as the store manager at a shop called Anime Fix in St. Petersburg, Florida. I'm in charge of the store during the off-seasons for conventions and attend local conventions to sell our merchandise in the Marketplaces. I even travel to different places to make deals with the local anime stores of the places I travel. I was the youngest store manager in the store's history (I became the store manager at 19 beating the previous record, 23) and have made many contract deals since I began as an associate. I worked hard to earn my place as store manager but that doesn't mean I can slack off, I always set an example to the employees and other managers to follow.
That is a great example of what younger people should try to work towards. It is very impressive that you done theses things at such a young age. The area helps I bet with your sales. ;) Keep it up I bet your will be well heard of some day.:D

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I'd like to get a bit more involved with research on patients (particularly kids) with epilepsy and other neurologically based diseases.

As far as Pokemon goes and how it's tied with what I'd like to do - I used pokes and this site to refresh a few skill sets I picked up in my undergrad. Namely, I was using Pokemon data I picked off the net to build myself a few tools, and I worked on a few other side projects with collecting information off of people while doing business here.

Information tech is real big for me right now while I build a few more tools and skills. Right now I'm applying for a few jobs here and there.

Right now I'm looking into doing some work with an epilepsy advocacy org in the SoCal region. I'd like to be a full-time researcher at a university at some point in my life.

Pokemon didn't really cause me to go down my particular route, but it made learning a few data-related techniques much more enjoyable and easy to digest.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Hopefully right now I was in college, I didn't go my second year because I didn't like college. I was good at it, (had a 4.1 GPA and had 36 credits in a year) but wasn't really happy. I am deciding to try to go into the air force, hopefully they accept me. If I don't get accepted, I will just work for the whole year in marketing and at a gas station, and just go to college again in Fall 2015.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I'd like to get a bit more involved with research on patients (particularly kids) with epilepsy and other neurologically based diseases.

As far as Pokemon goes and how it's tied with what I'd like to do - I used pokes and this site to refresh a few skill sets I picked up in my undergrad. Namely, I was using Pokemon data I picked off the net to build myself a few tools, and I worked on a few other side projects with collecting information off of people while doing business here.

Information tech is real big for me right now while I build a few more tools and skills. Right now I'm applying for a few jobs here and there.

Right now I'm looking into doing some work with an epilepsy advocacy org in the SoCal region. I'd like to be a full-time researcher at a university at some point in my life.

Pokemon didn't really cause me to go down my particular route, but it made learning a few data-related techniques much more enjoyable and easy to digest.
I find your working very interesting. Its great to want to work with people who have those kinds of problems. I find it also interesting that you are trying to create tools to help you with these things you are reaching for in the near future. I believe that you are trying to a great service for others.
Thanks, and keep at it.:D

Hopefully right now I was in college, I didn't go my second year because I didn't like college. I was good at it, (had a 4.1 GPA and had 36 credits in a year) but wasn't really happy. I am deciding to try to go into the air force, hopefully they accept me. If I don't get accepted, I will just work for the whole year in marketing and at a gas station, and just go to college again in Fall 2015.
Well, you stated that you could handle college. I don't think people are meant to like college though. If you don't get accepted into the air force then you should go with your plan and go back. It sounds like you can do it. College is meant to help your learn skills for the job you are trying to get not to entertain you. I believe that you can do it. Just make sure that what ever you do it is something you enjoy. ;)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I find your working very interesting. Its great to want to work with people who have those kinds of problems. I find it also interesting that you are trying to create tools to help you with these things you are reaching for in the near future. I believe that you are trying to a great service for others.
Thanks, and keep at it.:D

Well, you stated that you could handle college. I don't think people are meant to like college though. If you don't get accepted into the air force then you should go with your plan and go back. It sounds like you can do it. College is meant to help your learn skills for the job you are trying to get not to entertain you. I believe that you can do it. Just make sure that what ever you do it is something you enjoy. ;)

Please do not double post, you can reply to multiple people in the same post and edit posts. :)

Senpai

Pokémon Champion
Credits

Animation is one of the careers I'm interested in but I'm still on the fence between doing that or coding, computer science, or even a game Dev. I could do both animation and coding but that sounds like a lot of work. *sigh*

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'm on my way to try and become a game developer for my own company (just a small one). I've already got knowledge of Python, VB, C++ and HTML/CSS, so I'm already well on my way. Computer Science has always been really interesting for me, and as gaming has been a huge part of my life, I thought why not combine the two?

I'm starting to branch out into some game engines, such as Game Maker Studio (used in Risk of Rain, Hotline Miami, Heavy Bullets, etc) and then go onto more difficult more object-oriented ones such as UDK. Me and a friend already have some base ideas, so now, its just finding a team and getting started is the issue :D

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Good Luck!!:D Its always good to find a job that interests you and is enjoyable at the same time. I believe that if you can find people to help you your dreams will come true.:D

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
I live in a really cr*p country that does't give anyone a job. So at the moment I might aswell be a full time pokemon breeder ahahahah.... Seriously though. I need a job ;___; I try so hard

K

Krelbit

I'm at the point where I know I want to do something, but I just don't know what I want to do. I get really worried that I'm going to grow up and do something I absolutely despise because of that.

testing