Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Sweet! Just let me know when you need me
Congrats Miles! We shall fight together and crush lives!

All in the name of the team, #LongLiveNova ! :D

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Miles8088

Top Kek Champion
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Congrats Miles! We shall fight together and crush lives!

All in the name of the team, #LongLiveNova ! :D
Haha thank you!:) indeed we will. You have to practice with me!
Yup you can even start a war if you'd like
And alright maybe I will. ;)

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I guess I would like to apply for Warrior...
Honestly, I don't see much point in a test battle, but if you want one I guess we can.

Also, I did not get the notification from Blaguard's tag and I'm still kind of upset that it's counted against me that I didn't respond to this one thread, as I've heard.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do to be active seeing as every time I try to volunteer for things, like team wars, I'm shot down and told that there is no need for more people. Either that or the things I do join don't do anything. I know that @Blaguard agrees that it's not particularly fair for me to not get any recognition just because I don't get the opportunity to do things myself. The only reason he got to be what you consider "active" is because you specifically asked him to do things.

I'd just like to hear everyone's opinions on this, because I feel that there are others who don't apply for anything for similar reasons of being shot down with their requests.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Honestly, I don't see much point in a test battle, but if you want one I guess we can.

Also, I did not get the notification from Blaguard's tag and I'm still kind of upset that it's counted against me that I didn't respond to this one thread, as I've heard.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do to be active seeing as every time I try to volunteer for things, like team wars, I'm shot down and told that there is no need for more people. Either that or the things I do join don't do anything. I know that @Blaguard agrees that it's not particularly fair for me to not get any recognition just because I don't get the opportunity to do things myself. The only reason he got to be what you consider "active" is because you specifically asked him to do things.

I'd just like to hear everyone's opinions on this, because I feel that there are others who don't apply for anything for similar reasons of being shot down with their requests.
And that's why I asked blaguard to ask you here. In all fairness, when I asked blaguard to battle for Nova, it brought attention to Blaguard and his accomplishments in past tourneys and what not. I thought you should also get an equal opportunity to battle in these team wars when you wanted to because you are also a fairly accomplished battler phenix. THIS is your opportunity. Anyway, there are other ways to stay active in Nova as well other than just team wars (which are admittedly few and far between), so just keep up to date on Nova stuff if you can. Any ideas you have are also greatly appreciated. I don't want you feeling left out Phenix.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits

To be honest never actually heard of you not responding going against you anyway, this website is just that, its a website it is no one's life and it can't control you. All I guess we would ask is some activity and from what i know i see you on quite a bit, so i don't know where that came from if anyone said anything please let me know i'll be happy to talk to them about it. As for being shot for Team Wars we want the strongest battlers representing us like all other teams, we test to see how strong you are, its nothing against you and I'm not sure if you've been asked to be tested but i would more than willing. I'm sorry anyone has offended you in anyway, and that's not what i'm trying to do but anyone who isn't a warrior on the list can't participate in Wars not just you but whenever you are available for a test or if @Blaguard can vouch for you then you're good in my book, Just It takes @Dom a while to update stuff recently as he is busy with school. But if you have any problems please let Myself, @Dom , or @notsoclutch know and we'll be sure to handle it. :D

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
And that's why I asked blaguard to ask you here. In all fairness, when I asked blaguard to battle for Nova, it brought attention to Blaguard and his accomplishments in past tourneys and what not. I thought you should also get an equal opportunity to battle in these team wars when you wanted to because you are also a fairly accomplished battler phenix. THIS is your opportunity. Anyway, there are other ways to stay active in Nova as well other than just team wars (which are admittedly few and far between), so just keep up to date on Nova stuff if you can. Any ideas you have are also greatly appreciated. I don't want you feeling left out Phenix.

You can't put that much stock into a single message I didn't see. Especially since I've heard of other people not getting notifications as well.

And that's what I'm asking. How? It seems that not much stock is put into other activities seeing as team wars are the only team-specific task. I regularly participate in tournaments, gym battles for both gyms, and an array of fun battles across the site.

Also, I would like to point out that beyond thanking you guys for the warrior spot, he hasn't done anything else and yet is still promoted. This is simply a show of outright favoritism and the kind of thing that will dissuade people from sticking around and trying to be active.

I admit I've never been to the finals in a tournament, but I have had to go against some of the top names on this site and only lose it extremely close matches at the end.

The thing that bothers me the most with this situation is that when I looked back at the conversation, you guys said that you wouldn't add Cheza and me because it would get too confusing, but you had no problem adding him with no warning. It's the hypocrisy here that's the kicker. He was able to ascend to noble with no effort, but it's my fault that I missed a lone notification?

As I stated, I still want to be a warrior, but mostly I want to feel appreciated without having to have Blaguard vouch for me just so you'll listen to me. It's infuriating to need help joining in events in a team I was invited into, I assumed because I was deemed good enough, but clearly that wasn't the case. I honestly don't know why I'm here.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
To be honest never actually heard of you not responding going against you anyway, this website is just that, its a website it is no one's life and it can't control you. All I guess we would ask is some activity and from what i know i see you on quite a bit, so i don't know where that came from if anyone said anything please let me know i'll be happy to talk to them about it. As for being shot for Team Wars we want the strongest battlers representing us like all other teams, we test to see how strong you are, its nothing against you and I'm not sure if you've been asked to be tested but i would more than willing. I'm sorry anyone has offended you in anyway, and that's not what i'm trying to do but anyone who isn't a warrior on the list can't participate in Wars not just you but whenever you are available for a test or if @Blaguard can vouch for you then you're good in my book, Just It takes @Dom a while to update stuff recently as he is busy with school. But if you have any problems please let Myself, @Dom , or @notsoclutch know and we'll be sure to handle it. :D

I've battled Dom before for things like site mentoring and was deemed fitting. And as I said, it just annoys me that Blaguard was able to get so much credit for this one thing I wasn't allowed to do. I realize you need strong battlers, but when you put so much favoritism as a team into a single player, it tends to upset people. It's kind of a broken chain of promotions here...

EDIT: And with the not responding part, apparently that's why I was never made a warrior. I missed one post that I was tagged in. And that clearly cost me not being eligible to do anything slightly helpful for the team. You guys need a better way to do promotions, because it seems silly to never say, "Here, be a warrior" unless that person explicitly requests the position.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
You can't put that much stock into a single message I didn't see. Especially since I've heard of other people not getting notifications as well.

And that's what I'm asking. How? It seems that not much stock is put into other activities seeing as team wars are the only team-specific task. I regularly participate in tournaments, gym battles for both gyms, and an array of fun battles across the site.

Also, I would like to point out that beyond thanking you guys for the warrior spot, he hasn't done anything else and yet is still promoted. This is simply a show of outright favoritism and the kind of thing that will dissuade people from sticking around and trying to be active.

I admit I've never been to the finals in a tournament, but I have had to go against some of the top names on this site and only lose it extremely close matches at the end.

The thing that bothers me the most with this situation is that when I looked back at the conversation, you guys said that you wouldn't add Cheza and me because it would get too confusing, but you had no problem adding him with no warning. It's the hypocrisy here that's the kicker. He was able to ascend to noble with no effort, but it's my fault that I missed a lone notification?

As I stated, I still want to be a warrior, but mostly I want to feel appreciated without having to have Blaguard vouch for me just so you'll listen to me. It's infuriating to need help joining in events in a team I was invited into, I assumed because I was deemed good enough, but clearly that wasn't the case. I honestly don't know why I'm here.
When i said vouch for you i meant as your skills as a battler and if you read what i said i had no problem in you or cheza joining a warrior spot, the only thing i said about you is that i was not familiar with your capabilities at battling, as for not getting a notification, it happens sometimes when doulie isnt busy with irl stuff im sure he will get on to fixing that im sorry if you think favoritism is being played, i was just recently promoted, the way i go about in terms of Team Warriors is you have to show how of a battler you are to me, i've never battled you any warrior who has battled you and thinks you should be a warrior yourself, im all for it as of why havent became a noble i'm not sure and im sorry about that. If you want i can have a discussion with dom and notsoclutch about it. Blaguard got promoted for actually helping with a few Team-friendly activities recently reaching tournament finals, helping out with the new boot camp and becoming a warrior himself its not like he didnt deserve it. I'm sure you will be noble and a warrior quite soon if im being honest. And as i said before im sorry if you've been offended that was none of ours intent.

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits

I agree with all this. Honestly most of what I do on this site is either tournament battles or gym battles, I was only in a war because I was directly asked, and I got to be a Noble without doing much. @Nigyue she's referrin to conversations we had earlier with @Dom and @notsoclutch where they said she wasn't active enough to get promoted, but she's every bit as active as I am. The point is if I deserve Noble and Warrior status she should too without the resistance we've gotten

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
When i said vouch for you i meant as your skills as a battler and if you read what i said i had no problem in you or cheza joining a warrior spot, the only thing i said about you is that i was not familiar with your capabilities at battling, as for not getting a notification, it happens sometimes when doulie isnt busy with irl stuff im sure he will get on to fixing that im sorry if you think favoritism is being played, i was just recently promoted, the way i go about in terms of Team Warriors is you have to show how of a battler you are to me, i've never battled you any warrior who has battled you and thinks you should be a warrior yourself, im all for it as of why havent became a noble i'm not sure and im sorry about that. If you want i can have a discussion with dom and notsoclutch about it. Blaguard got promoted for actually helping with a few Team-friendly activities recently reaching tournament finals, helping out with the new boot camp and becoming a warrior himself its not like he didnt deserve it. I'm sure you will be noble and a warrior quite soon if im being honest. And as i said before im sorry if you've been offended that was none of ours intent.
But that's the thing, there have been many times I ask to help with a "team-friendly" event (if they are what I assume they are) and have been told no. And he didn't ask to be a warrior, yet I have to. Honestly, beyond the boot camp, there aren't many other ways to help the group and seeing as I'm already a site mentor, I didn't see much reason in applying. Especially since I've never actually done anything yet as mentor. It seems like a pointless position if I'm not going to get to help, so why apply?

The key problem with this is that I never got to do anything because I happened to not reply to that post. I feel that if you're going to have promotions and stuff, then there needs to be a better system.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
But that's the thing, there have been many times I ask to help with a "team-friendly" event (if they are what I assume they are) and have been told no. And he didn't ask to be a warrior, yet I have to. Honestly, beyond the boot camp, there aren't many other ways to help the group and seeing as I'm already a site mentor, I didn't see much reason in applying. Especially since I've never actually done anything yet as mentor. It seems like a pointless position if I'm not going to get to help, so why apply?

The key problem with this is that I never got to do anything because I happened to not reply to that post. I feel that if you're going to have promotions and stuff, then there needs to be a better system.
Well i mean i'm pretty much in charge of the boot camp, i would be more than willing to let you be apart of it, if you wanted to be. but i'm definitely going to have a discussion about this with the other Team Admins. I'm sorry things have transpired like this i'll make sure everything gets worked out. I really am genuinely sorry you've been snuffed out of specific team events besides tournaments. :/

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I agree with all this. Honestly most of what I do on this site is either tournament battles or gym battles, I was only in a war because I was directly asked, and I got to be a Noble without doing much. @Nigyue she's referrin to conversations we had earlier with @Dom and @notsoclutch where they said she wasn't active enough to get promoted, but she's every bit as active as I am. The point is if I deserve Noble and Warrior status she should too without the resistance we've gotten
Let's just clarify since I don't think both sides are on the same page here. I'm not saying that Phenix isn't active...in fact I'm trying to help right now. Niqyue and I have no direct say on noble status and were only recently moved up to officer. I simply tried to help blaguard get an understanding of why he was promoted when Phenix was not. Becoming a noble is all about what Dom sees someone doing for the team. The two of you have told me you wanted to become more active, so I'm simply trying to help you to do that...

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Let's just clarify since I don't think both sides are on the same page here. I'm not saying that Phenix isn't active...in fact I'm trying to help right now. Niqyue and I have no direct say on noble status and were only recently moved up to officer. I simply tried to help blaguard get an understanding of why he was promoted when Phenix was not. Becoming a noble is all about what Dom sees someone doing for the team. The two of you have told me you wanted to become more active, so I'm simply trying to help you to do that...
I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but when I talked to you and Dom earlier neither of you were very keen on admitting that Phenix is an active member, only that she didn't respond to this post (this site's alerts can be shoddy, as I'm sure any gym leader/shop owner will know) and it was even said that she should participate in the next tournament when she's been in every last tournament I have and only loses in very close matches against strong opponents. The bottom line is she is perfectly capable, very active (running two gyms, battling recreationally, and spending more time in the shoutbox than I do), and should be able to get these positions without having the resistance she's been getting.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
And I apologize to anyone if I've made too much of a fuss over all this, but in the end I think that after confronting problems like this we'll be a much stronger team and have a better system in place for promotions. :)

testing