Wonder Trade Tales!

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
Ah, Wonder Trade. The love-it-or-hate-it random nature that can give you a Rayquaza for a Zigzagoon, and Poochyena for a genned shiny Blaziken, and everything in between. Share your stories of RNG-induced triumph, despair, laughter, and ire here!

Ejac

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've gotten a shiny lvl 100 landorus-t, shiny 6 IV zigzagoon, probably both fake, and just last night got an event magikarp from japan

Gym Slasher

Youngster Joey
Credits
I got a level 100 arceus 6ivs for a protean froakie

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
Yay for shinies! :Laugh:

Here's my Wonder Trade collection so far (it's long!):
I've gotten a lot of competitive pokes from WT. Non-shiny ones, like Charmander, Drought Vulpix, Protean Froakie, Larvesta, Magician Fennekin, Gale Wings Fletchling, Squirtle, Snow Warning Amaura, Chinchou, and Ralts (later Gallade), all obtained at Level 1, which were all probably attempts to shiny breed. I have been EV training and leveling up every one of them.

I also have several perfect shinies from WT giveaways: Sylveon, Scizor, Jellicent, Linoone, and Arcanine, if memory serves. I also got 6IV shiny Virizion and Darkrai from WT, but have since given those away. (Idk, something about the combination of shiny AND legendary is ridiculous to me. :/)

I tend to hang on to WT breedjects, particularly females and pokes with their Hidden Abilities. Many of them already have egg moves and/or a few perfect IVs. These pokes become jump-starters for my own breeding projects. The perfect shinies also made parents for many of them, by virtue of their (typically) six flawless IVs. Every home-bred competitive poke I have has Wonder Trade ancestry.

This collection took me months to get. I tend to Wonder Trade my wild-caught shinies and my breedjects (competitive breeding leads to LOTS of leftovers!), and then Wonder Trade whatever I get for them, and on and on until I either get something awful that no one would want (so I can release it and save up space) or something useful that I don't already have.

Once, I got two shinies: Eevee and Slowpoke, both Level 1 with 5 IVs (flawed SpA on Eevee, flawed Atk on Slowpoke) and good natures. There was something "off" about them both: Slowpoke's ability was Own Tempo, when Regenerator would have been preferred; and Eevee's combination of a Careful nature, a flawed SpA stat, and Hidden Ability made for an uncommon build no matter which evolution I picked. That's probably why these poor babies got Wonder Traded in the first place.

I decided to keep them and train them. Slowpoke is now a happy purple Slowbro holding a Slowbronite. And Eevee became my favorite shiny Eeveelution, Umbreon, whose defensive capabilities were boosted by its nature and, by virtue of Inner Focus, will not flinch. :D

Eventually, Umbreon went on to become a mom to my own Magic Bounce Espeon. :Thumbsup:

DanMan

Youngster Joey
Credits
I was breeding miltanks and was sending off the undesirables to wonder trade and got a militank with the ivs and nature I needed along with the hidden ability, I was happy

Wooper

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Pretty much only good things ive gotten are HA/breedjects but i got a reshiram once

ZeboAll123

Youngster Joey
Credits
My top wonder trade experiences would be when I got a 5iv hidden ability Lugia in a dream ball and a 2iv shiny axew. My worst would probably be the hundreds of worthless weedles, wurpmles, scatterbugs, and zigzagoons.

Meditatiing

Youngster Joey
Credits
I Wonder Traded the same guy twice in a row, his IGN was SAKATI, some German guy, got a Shiny 6IV adamant Swirlix and then a Shiny 6IV adamant Escavalier, both now some of my competitive mons, probably fake, though. :(

THL

Youngster Joey
Credits
I surely had a ton of luck in Wonder Trades.

I was trading a box, filled with 5-6 IVs Murkrows with Brave Bird and Roost, Adamant Nature and it's hidden ability.
After I traded the box, I had entirely 8 Shinies;

6IV LC Shiny Piplup
Shiny BR Clawitzer
Shiny Gardevoir
Shiny Hitmonchan
Shiny Absol
Two shiny Phione
and my favorite...
A Shiny BR Aggron with 6 IV and a Sleep Talk + Rest Combo.

I surely love to wondertrade, it's something fantastic. Hope that I find more of these in the future of Wonder Trading.

Angelamongsouls3

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I got a shiny 6iv shiny arceus and a 6 iv darkria via wonder trade

Prizzy07

Youngster Joey
Credits
Got most of my shinies out wonder trade. Got 2 times hoopa, a reshiram, a giratina and latios. If i get a zigzagoon i always release it because i really hate to get a zigzag all the time

Wooper

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Yesterday i got a 6iv adamnt shiny br aggron with weakness policy

Pinks

Youngster Joey
Credits
Ive gotten a latios for a 2iv magicarp, wonder trade is a wonderful place

testing