• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active [CAP] Stall God [QC Approved 2/2]

Loli-Shark

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Credits
Although we can't finalise anything yet, I do agree that Unaware would be a good option on this 'mon. To counter Talon, I would suggest a typing that would beat it instead of trying to cram so many useful abilities onto it.

So maybe have Regenerator and Unaware as the 2 main abilities, with something that's useful (maybe sticky hold so as to not be tricked out into scarf or band or whatever). Rock would counter the talonflame, but then you have issues with the ground typing of Lando T. So you'd have to have something that takes hits from ground, those being flying, grass and bug. You have electric or steel as well, to counter the flying. I'm having so much difficulty working around these 6 types in a good set XD Bug Steel, but then FB talon eats it up, grass steel, same scenario. Electric bug makes it have 2x to fire, and neutral to ground, and I think that's the best you'd get?

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Although we can't finalise anything yet, I do agree that Unaware would be a good option on this 'mon. To counter Talon, I would suggest a typing that would beat it instead of trying to cram so many useful abilities onto it.
Rock with a secondary typing would be good, maybe Rock-/Flying- or Rock-/Water- with lots of defense or something? Idk.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I think I've seen enough discussion here for now - even loli, who was against the idea at first, is now coming up with ability options. QC Accepted 1/2

Loli-Shark

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Credits
I think I've seen enough discussion here for now - even loli, who was against the idea at first, is now coming up with ability options. QC Accepted 1/2

Irk, the changes huh XD I mean, rock flying has issues with boltbeam, and rock water similarly, but you know, you could work around it :p If you need help in any stage, don't hesitate to catch me somewhere :3

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Irk, the changes huh XD I mean, rock flying has issues with boltbeam, and rock water similarly, but you know, you could work around it :p If you need help in any stage, don't hesitate to catch me somewhere :3
BoltBeam is just such good coverage that it is hard to stop tbh. The only type combo which resists it (excluding Wonder Guard and Volt Absorb Lanturn (lol Lanturn in OU) is Steel/Electric, but I don't feel like that'd be particularly appropriate for this kind of concept, and tbh BoltBeam coverage isn't particularly relevant in the meta to the point where a counter is completely necessary - with the only common examples involving Hidden Power or Freeze Dry (i.e. BoltBeam that swaps coverage on Skarmory for coverage on Rotom-W, Water/Ground dual typing and the super irrelevant (and completely outclassed) Ludicolo in one move). I think there are better targets to aim for tbh.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I'm going to approve this guy I think. Stall is a bit weak due to the nature of our current metagame, but the wording "stall god" makes me a bit worried....I guess that's up for interpretation in later rounds so no real issues on my end. Seems like a solid concept with a lot of room to build around. QC Approved 2/2

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'm going to approve this guy I think. Stall is a bit weak due to the nature of our current metagame, but the wording "stall god" makes me a bit worried....I guess that's up for interpretation in later rounds so no real issues on my end. Seems like a solid concept with a lot of room to build around. QC Approved 2/2
Yeah. Stall God was the coolest way I could put it across in 1-2 words ;P

testing