• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Competitive Tutoring!!!

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
EVs: 252 sp. Atk 252 speed, rest in hp.
Surf/hydro pump
Dark pulse
Ice beam
Extra sensory/taunt/toxic spikes

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I'd recommend slashing in U-Turn on the last slot - it's very useful on gren if you predict a switch.
True, I myself do run it, but it is a viable option!

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
I'm building a trick room team and so far the only Pokemon I have isDusknoir(Duskull right now). Duskull has 4 perfect IVs which are HP, Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense so I'm guessing his moves should be physical but I'm not sure which ones. I was thinking maybe the elemental punches and also should I use him as my trick room setter? Also I'm not sure which EVs I should train. I was thinking maybe 252 HP and 252 Defense? Also I'm considering adding a Hypno and a Porygon 2 holding an eviolite. Would those two be good choices?

Swepps

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would go for something more like:

Talonflame @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Bulk Up / U-turn

Or another alternative:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Steel Wing

(Yay first post!)

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
I'm building a trick room team and so far the only Pokemon I have isDusknoir(Duskull right now). Duskull has 4 perfect IVs which are HP, Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense so I'm guessing his moves should be physical but I'm not sure which ones. I was thinking maybe the elemental punches and also should I use him as my trick room setter? Also I'm not sure which EVs I should train. I was thinking maybe 252 HP and 252 Defense? Also I'm considering adding a Hypno and a Porygon 2 holding an eviolite. Would those two be good choices?
Go for night shade on dusknoir. Always does a set 50 damage in WiFi battles. Maybe run pain split will-o-wisp night shade and trick room. Porygon 2 is an excellent setter of trick room because most of the others are weak to ghost/dark. Hypno is a personal favorite of mine. Pair him up with a fighting type like hariyama or scrafty. Both of those have fake out which helps hypno throw up that first trick room. Scrafty gets intimidate which helps in a lot of situations but hariyama will hit a lot harder with guts close combat. I would go for def and HP evs on dusknoir. Hypno is a special wall and porygon 2 is bulky in general.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Suggestions for Pokemon to cover flying/fighting/psychic/fairy move types in party? If you could narrow it down to two Pokemon that'd be great. Hawlucha/Gardevoir are the ones I'm already using. Just wondering what other options I have.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would recommend absol with sucker punch, superpower, psycho cut, and stone edge. For fairies? I would use magnezone. It also helps get rid of flying.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Go for night shade on dusknoir. Always does a set 50 damage in WiFi battles. Maybe run pain split will-o-wisp night shade and trick room. Porygon 2 is an excellent setter of trick room because most of the others are weak to ghost/dark. Hypno is a personal favorite of mine. Pair him up with a fighting type like hariyama or scrafty. Both of those have fake out which helps hypno throw up that first trick room. Scrafty gets intimidate which helps in a lot of situations but hariyama will hit a lot harder with guts close combat. I would go for def and HP evs on dusknoir. Hypno is a special wall and porygon 2 is bulky in general.
if your running that set use eviolite duclops

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Alright thanks. By the way is Sassy a good nature for Dusknoir? And I have a Drowzee with a relaxed nature and a Porygon 2 with a bold nature. Are those good natures for them? And what moves would you recommend for those two?

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Those are both good nature although you would want a relaxed nature on porygon 2 because of the - speed. I have an entire guide on trickroom if your interested sometime. For porygon 2 I like ice beam tri attack recover and trick room. Eviolite for item ofcourse. If your running a porygon 2 with eviolite you will need to run dusknoir because of the item clause. The good part about dusknoir over duclops is that you have the choice of having recovery/mental herb. Mental herb is one of my recommended items on a trick room lead ( in your case possibly hypno) as it stops taunt from ruining your day. Leftovers would be a great item on dusknoir as it has no reliable recovery in it's move set. Sassy would be good on a special defensive dusknoir. 252hp 252 spdef 6 def for dusknoirs ev spread. 252 hp 252 def 6 spatk for porygon2's ev spread and 252 Hp, 196 def,60 spatk for hypno.

http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/doubles-guide-to-trick-room.286/ Link to my guide.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Those are both good nature although you would want a relaxed nature on porygon 2 because of the - speed. I have an entire guide on trickroom if your interested sometime. For porygon 2 I like ice beam tri attack recover and trick room. Eviolite for item ofcourse. If your running a porygon 2 with eviolite you will need to run dusknoir because of the item clause. The good part about dusknoir over duclops is that you have the choice of having recovery/mental herb. Mental herb is one of my recommended items on a trick room lead ( in your case possibly hypno) as it stops taunt from ruining your day. Leftovers would be a great item on dusknoir as it has no reliable recovery in it's move set. Sassy would be good on a special defensive dusknoir. 252hp 252 spdef 6 def for dusknoirs ev spread. 252 hp 252 def 6 spatk for porygon2's ev spread and 252 Hp, 196 def,60 spatk for hypno.

http://perfectpokemon.com/threads/doubles-guide-to-trick-room.286/ Link to my guide.
Alright, I looked at your guide and decided on adding Hariyama and Aggron. Would these two be good additions? Also, I'm having trouble deciding the last pokemon to add to the team.

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Hmm you need a slow special attacker. This is simply preference. Camerupt and octillery both have the exact same niche. Protect first turn while trick room is setting up. Then continuously use eruption/water spout. Eelektross has amazing coverage+ no weaknesses which is also nice. Im liking your choices, Hariyama+hypno is a great lead. Aggron is also a nice choice. Chandelure and exeggutor can both set up trick room and sweep. Exeggutor is suprisingly bulky as shown in a lot of my replays from the guide. It also hits really hard, Giga drain+lum/sitrus berry+ harvest= amazing sustain in battle. Chandelure is also bulky with access to heat wave.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
I'm thinking maybe Eelektross as a Special attacker, especially because it would pair up well with Aggron because Eelektross wouldn't be affected by Earthquake. I think Chandelure would be a good option too but then half my team would be weak to dark and ghost type moves and same with Exaggcuter.

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Yeah making a trickroom team without too many dark and ghost weakness is tough. Eelektross is always nice, Very good coverage.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Alright, I guess this means it's time to start building the actual team, so far Dusknoir and Porygon 2 are the only ones who are ready and I'm currently working on Hypno's EV's and I'm also trying to hatch a Brave Aron and I already have a brave Makuhita sitting in my PC waiting for his turn on EV training and then I'll have to find an Electross to use for breeding.

testing