• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Competitive Tutoring!!!

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
what would you recommend are good gastrodon counters? my team mostly worked on snewgon besides that.
Any grass type move that outspeeds it and is decently strong

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I know they do the same damage lol, but I was just meaning you don't need to breed and all that.
Yeah it's defintely a pain to get.
what would you recommend are good gastrodon counters? my team mostly worked on snewgon besides that.
Roserade is probably the best counter. It has the special bulk to take a weak ice beam, natural cure to get rid of burns and freezes when it switches, and is immune to toxic anyway.

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Yeah it's defintely a pain to get.

Roserade is probably the best counter. It has the special bulk to take a weak ice beam, natural cure to get rid of burns and freezes when it switches, and is immune to toxic anyway.
I'll have to look into it. I am also probably not using my electric types again, as they were particularly useless against you.

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I would have to disagree. An only 4 EV SpAtk Gastrodon's Ice Beam does about half of Roserade's health.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I would have to disagree. An only 4 EV SpAtk Gastrodon's Ice Beam does about half of Roserade's health.
Rose rade is faster, one giga drain should take it right? From a 252 Sp. Atk modest?

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
is mr mime usually a good support choice?
I was thinking like phychic baton pass reflect light screen. or should I switch out phychic with encore?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I was thinking like phychic baton pass reflect light screen. or should I switch out phychic with encore?
The only good mr. Mime set is scarfed technician.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Not even that is good lol.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
This is assuming neither health nor SpDef EV investment. I know Roserades don't usually run this anymore because technician makes the offensive version more attractive, but Roserade used to be commonly used as a special wall with natural cure.

4 SpA Gastrodon Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Roserade: 94-112 (29 - 34.5%) -- 5.2% chance to 3HKO
(94, 96, 96, 98, 98, 100, 100, 102, 104, 104, 106, 106, 108, 108, 110, 112)

Mr. Mime is the only pokemon that has an ability to block perish song and also learn baton pass (at least this was true last gen), so if you have a dedicated baton pass team you should use him. Otherwise probably not.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
I have a quick question. What is a good way to counter Dark Void Smeargle? I was thinking of using fake out on it with Hariyama and then setting up trick room and then try to OHKO it on the next turn, but then what if they use quick guard to prevent fake out? Ugh who thought it would be a good idea to make a move like Dark Void anyways? >.<

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Something fast with taunt would do it. Xatu/espeon/mega absol can also bounce it back while the other poke uses protect, and magic coat does the same thing, except it's a move and not a passive ability.

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
should I just stick with mach punch against arcues? or what's good with choice scarf that outspeeds it?

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
In the Smogon Ubers tier it's terrakion that revenges arceus usually. Lucario could do it with a scarf, or a sash if you manage to keep the hazards away.

tesla

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
does anything happen to ice in sunny day?

also ev iv speed trained + cloryphill(sunnyday) victreebell outspeeds heatron right? I was going to cast sunny day next and give hp ground. I was mostly going to use this lead to maybe force doulie to send in heatron. I'm well aware heatron will ohko victreebell, but he has 4x weakness to ground so I though I would give it shot. It's the steel gym I'm re-challenging btw.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

testing