• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Create-a-Pokemon (CAP) #1 - Concept Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Name: Anti-Hazard Tank
Description of Concept: A relatively bulky Poke who handles swapping in on hazards fairly well and could pressure hazard setters if needed
Reasons for Concept: With the abundance of stealth rock as well as some hazard stacking teams, it'd be nice to have something to rely on outside of your normal rock-weak defoggers and shoving spinning on an otherwise offensive Poke that may prefer some other move (see Blastoise, Donphan, etc.) It can still provide for the team in or out of hazard removal.
As someone who doesn't always have a nice slot for the current hazard removers, it'd be nice to have a solid Poke to fall back on that breaks the norms.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Description of Concept: A relatively bulky Poke who handles swapping in on hazards fairly well and could pressure hazard setters if needed
Reasons for Concept: With the abundance of stealth rock as well as some hazard stacking teams, it'd be nice to have something to rely on outside of your normal rock-weak defoggers and shoving spinning on an otherwise offensive Poke that may prefer some other move (see Blastoise, Donphan, etc.) It can still provide for the team in or out of hazard removal.
As someone who doesn't always have a nice slot for the current hazard removers, it'd be nice to have a solid Poke to fall back on that breaks the norms.
Approved. Go ahead and make your thread :)

Blaguard

Apex Predator
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
Name: Special Attack Shut-Down
Description of Concept: A reliable poke that will check or counter most prominent special attackers in the tier.
Reasons for Concept: Among non-mega OU mons that have been suspected/banned in various metas, we have Aegislash (known for versatility, but often used as a special tank), Greninja (a mixed attacker that favored the special side), and Landorus-I (a near-exclusively special Sheer Force abuser). On top of that we have things like the Lati twins, Thundurus, Charizard-Y, Altaria, Gardevoir, Keldeo, Manectric, Serperior, Gengar, and more running around. I'm not proposing something that could defeat all of them in every circumstance, but seeing as we have Intimidate and Will'o'Wisp to deal with physical offence, it would be nice to have a mon that could reliably check special attack and generally nerf it as a form of offence, be it from its typing, ability, movepool, or raw stat spread.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Description of Concept: A reliable poke that will check or counter most prominent special attackers in the tier.
Reasons for Concept: Among non-mega OU mons that have been suspected/banned in various metas, we have Aegislash (known for versatility, but often used as a special tank), Greninja (a mixed attacker that favored the special side), and Landorus-I (a near-exclusively special Sheer Force abuser). On top of that we have things like the Lati twins, Thundurus, Charizard-Y, Altaria, Gardevoir, Keldeo, Manectric, Serperior, Gengar, and more running around. I'm not proposing something that could defeat all of them in every circumstance, but seeing as we have Intimidate and Will'o'Wisp to deal with physical offence, it would be nice to have a mon that could reliably check special attack and generally nerf it as a form of offence, be it from its typing, ability, movepool, or raw stat spread.
At this stage, custom abilities and custom moves are not allowed, but approved as long as you remember that :)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Ok. Now that my old one is gone, I'm apparently allowed to submit another one - so here goes.

Name: Stall God
Description of Concept: A Pokémon can singlehandedly carry stall and semi-stall teams on its back.
Reasons for Concept: ATM, Stall is argubly the least effective playstyle in the metagame. This is due to a number of very anti-stall Pokemon such as Sub+CM Keldeo and Landorus-I being very commonplace in the metagame, as well as the prevalent offensive playstyles shredding it apart. So the idea behind this is to find a way to increase the viability of stall as a playstyle, and the best way to do that is to introduce a Pokémon which can carry stall, in the same way that Politoed does for rain. This pokemon should also act as a cornerstone that allows the playstyle to handle more heavily offense-oriented teams - i.e. the main downfall of stall.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Ok. Now that my old one is gone, I'm apparently allowed to submit another one - so here goes.

Description of Concept: A Pokémon can singlehandedly carry stall and semi-stall teams on its back.
Reasons for Concept: ATM, Stall is argubly the least effective playstyle in the metagame. This is due to a number of very anti-stall Pokemon such as Sub+CM Keldeo and Landorus-I being very commonplace in the metagame, as well as the prevalent offensive playstyles shredding it apart. So the idea behind this is to find a way to increase the viability of stall as a playstyle, and the best way to do that is to introduce a Pokémon which can carry stall, in the same way that Politoed does for rain. This pokemon should also act as a cornerstone that allows the playstyle to handle more heavily offense-oriented teams - i.e. the main downfall of stall.
I see Item Clause as one of the major issues, and this is why stall is pretty crappy, at least on our metagame. If you can find a way around this, stall could finally be a valid option again. Approved.

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Well, I geuss I'll submit another.

Name: Bulky Special Wallbreaker
Description of Concept: A Bulky Pokemon with Wallbreaker stats in Special Attack.
Reasons for Concept: In OU there aren't that many Bulky Special attacking Wallbreakers. Most of them are frail, and without the bulk would ussually just get KO'd afterwards. With this, we can use a Special Attacking Pokemon to beat walls like Mega Sableye. This can change the meta by increasing the Emphasis on Special Attackers as much as Physical, because Special Attackers are easily walled. Also, not getting One hit KO'd and keeping your special attacker instead.

Not going to go Full detail on this thread, so I'll just keep it there.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Well, I geuss I'll submit another.

Name: Bulky Special Wallbreaker
Description of Concept: A Bulky Pokemon with Wallbreaker stats in Special Attack.
Reasons for Concept: In OU there aren't that many Bulky Special attacking Wallbreakers. Most of them are frail, and without the bulk would ussually just get KO'd afterwards. With this, we can use a Special Attacking Pokemon to beat walls like Mega Sableye. This can change the meta by increasing the Emphasis on Special Attackers as much as Physical, because Special Attackers are easily walled. Also, not getting One hit KO'd and keeping your special attacker instead.

Not going to go Full detail on this thread, so I'll just keep it there.
*looks at viability rankings*
  • Aegislash
  • Special attacker M-Altaria
  • M-Diancie (kinda)
  • Manaphy
  • LO Tornadus-T
  • Mega Charizard Y
  • Dragalge
  • Hydreigon
  • Specs/Mixed Kingdra
  • Magnezone
  • Mixtini/Special Victini
  • CM Reuniclus
Didn't list goth because I consider any team with it to be bad.
And this is just in S to B-
Its a no from me. @Matt_192 u agree or no?

Last edited:

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Name: Bounce Block

Description of Concept: A Pokemon able to inflict status and hazards on a magic bounce user. ;)

Reasons for Concept: With ORAS adding more Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye and Diancie it would be interesting to have a creature capable of inflicting status and setting up hazards without them being bounced back.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
  • Name: Extended Trick Room Setter
  • Description of Concept: A trick room setter that could somehow either extend trick room turns or in some other way increase the viability of trick room as a setter.
  • Reasons for Concept: Trick room in concept has always been incredibly interesting to me, but unfortunately with only 5 turns of trick room and some unfortunately mediocre setters for the OU environment, trick room teams have never really taken off. There are plenty of Pokemon already ready to abuse it, so all TR really needs is a little push in the support department to start making a relevant impact IMO.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits

Description of Concept: A Pokemon able to inflict status and hazards on a magic bounce user. ;)

Reasons for Concept: With ORAS adding more Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye and Diancie it would be interesting to have a creature capable of inflicting status and setting up hazards without them being bounced back.
While we do already have SpD Excadrill which could do that, I could see a second Pokemon that can do this being interesting, as SpD Exca doesn't fit onto every team. Go ahead and make a thread!
  • Name: Extended Trick Room Setter
  • Description of Concept: A trick room setter that could somehow either extend trick room turns or in some other way increase the viability of trick room as a setter.
  • Reasons for Concept: Trick room in concept has always been incredibly interesting to me, but unfortunately with only 5 turns of trick room and some unfortunately mediocre setters for the OU environment, trick room teams have never really taken off. There are plenty of Pokemon already ready to abuse it, so all TR really needs is a little push in the support department to start making a relevant impact IMO.
The description of concept breaks the custom move/ability rule. Edit the concept so that the main concept doesn't revolve around an ability or move and tag me and Matt_192 when you are done.

Cheza may now post a new idea, and Clutch will be able to after rejection or acceptance.

Last edited:

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
While we do already have SpD Excadrill which could do that, I could see a second Pokemon that can do this being interesting, as SpD Exca doesn't fit onto every team. Go ahead and make a thread!

The description of concept breaks the custom move/ability rule. Edit the concept so that the main concept doesn't revolve around an ability or move and tag me and Matt_192 when you are done.

Cheza may now post a new idea, and Clutch will be able to after rejection or acceptance.
I tried, it's just such a specific idea. :p I'll put a little more effort into the vagueness this time. XD

• Name: Trick Room Setter
  • Description of Concept: A trick room setter that could somehow improve the viability of trick room teams in the OU environment.
This better?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I tried, it's just such a specific idea. :p I'll put a little more effort into the vagueness this time. XD

• Name: Trick Room Setter
  • Description of Concept: A trick room setter that could somehow improve the viability of trick room teams in the OU environment.
This better?
Yep! Go ahead and make your thread :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The vote is now open.

Here are a few rules to consider before placing your vote:
  • If you did not come up with a concept, you can still place a vote!
  • If you did come up with an approved concept, you may not vote for your own.
  • One vote to each person.

With that said, here are the concepts you can vote for!

Name: Bruiser Wall
Description of concept: There aren't many walls in any tier that do a significant amount of damage besides Heatran. While switching into you're wall breaker you should be a bit fearful of what you switch into.
Reason for concept: As a stall player there aren't a lot of options in terms of what you're going to be using for damage that still suits the theme of your play style, especially in the perfect pokemon meta when you're limited in item distribution in item clause. This pokemon would obviously have some play around but should give the opposing battler into thinking before putting in there wall breaker.

Reasons for Concept: Among non-mega OU mons that have been suspected/banned in various metas, we have Aegislash (known for versatility, but often used as a special tank), Greninja (a mixed attacker that favored the special side), and Landorus-I (a near-exclusively special Sheer Force abuser). On top of that we have things like the Lati twins, Thundurus, Charizard-Y, Altaria, Gardevoir, Keldeo, Manectric, Serperior, Gengar, and more running around.

Description of Concept: A Pokémon can singlehandedly carry stall and semi-stall teams on its back while alleviating issues towards the playstyle regarding offense.
Reasons for Concept: ATM, Stall is argubly the least effective playstyle in the metagame. This is due to a number of very anti-stall Pokemon such as Sub+CM Keldeo and Landorus-I being very commonplace in the metagame, as well as the prevalent offensive playstyles shredding it apart. So the idea behind this is to find a way to increase the viability of stall as a playstyle, and the best way to do that is to introduce a Pokémon which can carry stall, in the same way that Politoed does for rain. This pokemon should also act as a cornerstone that allows the playstyle to handle more heavily offense-oriented teams - i.e. the main downfall of stall. Another issue to the playstyle is Item Clause, so this pokemon should be able to function in a way that alleviates this issue for other members of the team, such as being able to work effectively without an item.

Name: Sticky Web 2.0
Description of Concept: Effectively, this concept would allow for a Sticky Web Pokemon that is a) not a suicide lead and b) does not completely kill momentum.
Reason for Concept: Currently, in OU, there are only two real Sticky Web users: Smeargle and Shuckle (since Galvantula is kinda ass). A sticky web user that wouldn't be a suicide lead would really help the strategy in OU IMO, and it would allow teams to not have to run a suicide lead just to get up Sticky Web (and Stealth Rocks if you're lucky). By using this idea, we can also see what Pokemon rise up in a metagame with an increased emphasis on Speed Control.

Name: Trick Room Setter
Description of Concept: A trick room setter that could somehow improve the viability of trick room teams in the OU environment.
Reasons for Concept: Trick room in concept has always been incredibly interesting to me, but unfortunately with only 5 turns of trick room and some unfortunately mediocre setters for the OU environment, trick room teams have never really taken off. There are plenty of Pokemon already ready to abuse it (mega Mawile, mega Abamasnow, Escavalier, Dragalgae, etc), so all TR really needs is a little push in the support department to start making a relevant impact IMO.

The vote will stay open for one week. Happy voting! :D

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Bounce Block

bandwagoning is allowed and strongly encouraged

Loli-Shark

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Credits
Voting for the best idea (at least for my battle preference) : Bounce Block