• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Mega Sableye

Nick H.

Youngster Joey
Credits
The stone is located in stoopopolis city, but i don't quite remember where exactly

JayMac

Youngster Joey
Credits
its mega is a little random and it is hard to use although dark and ghost dont have any super weaknesses

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
its mega is a little random and it is hard to use although dark and ghost dont have any super weaknesses
Um, they do - fairy. Also, it's not exactly hard to use - it's just a setup tank really.

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I personally think mega sableye is outclassed by mege diancie.... they both have the same ability but diancie just hits harder in my opinion .... granted yes sableye has more immunes but I feel that regular prankster sableye is of more use/value then mega

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I personally think mega sableye is outclassed by mege diancie.... they both have the same ability but diancie just hits harder in my opinion .... granted yes sableye has more immunes but I feel that regular prankster sableye is of more use/value then mega
o_O They don't have the same role in the slightest... Mega Diancie is a offensive behemoth (with good defences, not necessarily a tank). On the other hand, Sableye is a wall, and uses CMs just to benefit it's defensive and offensive purpose... TL;DR Sableye is a wall, Diancie is a sweeper

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
o_O They don't have the same role in the slightest... Mega Diancie is a offensive behemoth (with good defences, not necessarily a tank). On the other hand, Sableye is a wall, and uses CMs just to benefit it's defensive and offensive purpose... TL;DR Sableye is a wall, Diancie is a sweeper
im aware of wt they are used for but oddly I see people using mega sableye more for its ability then anything else so im merely basing this off of using that specific ability in which I feel diancie outclasses for that specific usage

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
im aware of wt they are used for but oddly I see people using mega sableye more for its ability then anything else so im merely basing this off of using that specific ability in which I feel diancie outclasses for that specific usage
In my view, Diancie is just used more than Sableye as it also acts as a sweeper rather than just sticking primarily to Magic Guard. Sableye is a much better option at stopping setup as you have the bulk to tank hits as well.

matt

Pokémon Champion
Credits
In my view, Diancie is just used more than Sableye as it also acts as a sweeper rather than just sticking primarily to Magic Guard. Sableye is a much better option at stopping setup as you have the bulk to tank hits as well.
I was speaking strictly off of a specific usage, however
if u want to speak generally I prefer mega sableye over mega diancie anyday I would rather slowly kill 2 of ur mons and live then sweep 1 and die lol

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I just cant use it without prankster :/

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I just cant use it without prankster :/
That's not the point of Mega Sableye though ,-, Standard Sableye is for support, Mega Sableye is a wall/setup tank

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
That's not the point of Mega Sableye though ,-, Standard Sableye is for support, Mega Sableye is a wall/setup tank

I would like to try mega, but he seems h ard to incorporate. What kind of wall is he? Mixed or?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I would like to try mega, but he seems h ard to incorporate. What kind of wall is he? Mixed or?
You can run either, but physical seems to be the main option due to a larger stat.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
You can run either, but physical seems to be the main option due to a larger stat.

ahhh I guess because of the will o wisp as well. Does he get any hazard removers?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
ahhh I guess because of the will o wisp as well. Does he get any hazard removers?
Nope, just has to mega but that means it won't work on the switch in (unless you're already mega)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
You should be using them in conjunction with one another due to their varying abilities tbh. That is the main reason that Sableye is so good in OU, and it is a big part of why it is the face of stall.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
o_O I don't see why his movepool options would change lol the most he could do is taunt to stop them from setting hazards though( if ur trying to hide the fact he's ur mega )

Ah I see, was going to try him as a mandi replacement for def wall.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Ah I see, was going to try him as a mandi replacement for def wall.
A lot of people lead mega sableye. As a physical wall it actually has a great matchup against most leads. As such many stall teams use it to prevent hazards in the early game. Cant be taunted because of magic bounce and any attempt at hazard setting (from anything other than excadrill) will result in free hazards for you.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
A lot of people lead mega sableye. As a physical wall it actually has a great matchup against most leads. As such many stall teams use it to prevent hazards in the early game. Cant be taunted because of magic bounce and any attempt at hazard setting (from anything other than excadrill) will result in free hazards for you.

the will o wisp on it is nice as well as recover. It would be almost perfect if it got a defog move though. It has great switch in resist.

testing