• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active pokemon trainers income suggestion!

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
i am around here quite some time now and i believe that this website has very good potential,
but all i see is breeders that they want to sell their pokemon to possible buyers they is no main source
of PC for pokemon trainers (fighters)! what i am trying to say is that the website must give
a way to trainers to fight for pc with each other, there can be tournaments (tables) of lets say 10 people
where the 3 first places are getting payed..3 out of 10 is a good reason for many to try their luck and i am sure that there are easily 10 active fighters at ANY given time to compete in a 40 minutes tournament (even less)!
Some will say that its gambling but i personally thing that it has too much strategy to call it gamble!
another way to create an income for fighters is to give pc for every budge a trainer earns for example
every challenge cost the competitor 20pc (or less if it could be possible) if he wins he earns like 3-4x20pc
and ofc the budge, with good gym leaders more pc will be paied to them than the competitors
you can then make a big tournament every season (every 4+ months) that only those who posses all the budges can enter! there can be many ideas but the best way to secure the income for the website itself is small FAST tournaments were people fight each other again and again to win a place in the pot!! with that way you seperate breeders from fighters and both take benefit from each other, the fighter save time breeding using a breeder so he can focus on making strategies to beat each other (we are not so many so reading each others next move can be VERY fun)
and breeders will find more costumers to sell their pokemon! i personally prefer to battle for pc rather breeding
even though i know that i will lose some pc in the process

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
There are no rules against wagering mutual bets with other battlers I am fairly sure.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
There are no rules against wagering mutual bets with other battlers I am fairly sure.
there isn't lol people are allowed to wager!! which is pretty awesome on this website! :D

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
yea i never said its illegal i just said that some will name it gambling! :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
With more winners comes smaller prizes or larger entry fees, we already have a low turnout for tournaments in general ad as mentioned above, Wager matches are allowed so feel free to earn PC that way,

In your suggestion for paying when people win badges is that money coming from the site itself? If so then that would hinder profits, I thought you were trying to increase site income?
Is the money coming from the gym leaders? If so then no one would volunteer for the position,

I'm not really sure what your suggestion is tbh, can you write a clear and concise one or two sentence summary?

(Moved from general chat to suggestions)

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
With more winners comes smaller prizes or larger entry fees, we already have a low turnout for tournaments in general ad as mentioned above, Wager matches are allowed so feel free to earn PC that way,

In your suggestion for paying when people win badges is that money coming from the site itself? If so then that would hinder profits, I thought you were trying to increase site income?
Is the money coming from the gym leaders? If so then no one would volunteer for the position,

I'm not really sure what your suggestion is tbh, can you write a clear and concise one or two sentence summary?

well as i said with good gymleaders more pc will be earn from challengers than paid to them from gymleaders! the only prob i can see is whats the leaders profit? but website can give some advantages to gymleader so they are not getting paid for their wins or earing like 20-30% of their monthly profit (thats something that can easily be figured out)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
well as i said with good gymleaders more pc will be earn from challengers than paid to them from gymleaders! the only prob i can see is whats the leaders profit? but website can give some advantages to gymleader so they are not getting paid for their wins or earing like 20-30% of their monthly profit (thats something that can easily be figured out)

So for the website to make more PC you want doulie to give out pc to gym leaders and challengers? That's like asking the government to print more money so there's more in circulation and therefore people spend more money >.<

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
no not really! there is no need for gymleaders to have a budget! partisipants can pay and get paid from the bank it self!

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
And then things deflate, and there is a lot of deflation here already.

This wouldn't work as it would cause Doulie to be out of pocket. The only thing I can suggest is making a wager with the gym leaders IF they want to - in that regard.

Edit: What do you mean 'bank' ? The PC in the system is what has been PAID for out of USD. You can't add more PC in because then more USD comes out then going into the system.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
no not really! there is no need for gymleaders to have a budget! partisipants can pay and get paid from the bank it self!

The bank is the site's money...

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
in order for a deflation to happen the leader must lose more matches than they win! i dont believe that could happen but either way it was just a suggestion if a leader cant win like 6-7 out of 10 matches then forget about that suggestion! my main suggestion is the creation of fast and cheap tourneys where like 20% of the places are getting paid (not just the first)!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
in order for a deflation to happen the leader must lose more matches than they win! i dont believe that could happen but either way it was just a suggestion if a leader cant win like 6-7 out of 10 matches then forget about that suggestion! my main suggestion is the creation of fast and cheap tourneys where like 20% of the places are getting paid (not just the first)!

No in order for deflation to happen the site must introduce more PC without any equal payment

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
It is up to each individual's choice to wager or put pc in towards a tourney/match. If you took it from the 'Bank' then Doulie would be upgrading this website for free (at-least thats how I see it). He has to maintain this site remember, and the server that holds it all together. You can't expect him to not be paid for his efforts. He has no obligation to any of us to be honest. xD

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
there is no need for more money to be printed (you americans thinking of printing more money so easily :p jk) 10 challenges for 20pc each is 200pc income for the website if like 4 of the challengers win (40pc per win) its 160pc so 40pc of pure profit for doulie

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
there is no need for more money to be printed (you americans thinking of printing more money so easily :p jk) 10 challenges for 20pc each is 200pc income for the website if like 4 of the challengers win (40pc per win) its 160pc so 40pc of pure profit for doulie

If it costed to battle gym leaders no one would battle gym leaders.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If it costed to battle gym leaders no one would battle gym leaders.
there would ne a profit for the challenger is he wins plus an event every some months to use your budges!

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
there would ne a profit for the challenger is he wins plus an event every some months to use your budges!

How exactly is there a profit for the challenger?
Who pays the challenger?
Your idea pretty much makes it sound like you're asking for the site to pay these people on which case the site would lose money.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

So he pays but he profits if he wins?

I guess you're trying to say a wager match in which case there's always someone losing money, some people don't even have the PC to wager but, still want to be a gym leader then what happens?

Wager matches won't become mandatory...

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits

The assumptions.. I'm not American.
Where is this 200pc coming from - that is what I'm wondering. Everyone puts in 20pc each?

Doulie, I'm fairly sure - works. Which means he wouldn't really have much time to manage tournaments...
But if you want smaller tourney's I'm sure we can arrange for someone within a higher position to organize them, and 40pc to the 'bank' seems like a decent idea.

testing