• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Your First Shiny

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
That's the thing, I haven't been able to catch anything, I manage to kill them all XD. In emerald I came across a shiny ralts, zubat, and mightyena.

keep your master ball handy, hehe

The Krow

Youngster Joey
Credits
My first shiny (Bar the raging gyarados) was technically a Poliwag in crystal, but i didn't catch it.

The first shiny i ever caught legit was a rather recent Numel during Horde EV training!

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
My first shiny is a Diglett from Diglett Cave in FR. I'm still inexperience that time so i wonder what's the heck with his noise? Why its blue? Too bad i can't transfer him to my OR now

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Matt_192 sighs

Sad story time.

Aside from the event legendary dog shinies, countless red Gyarados and ones from a trade.... I have never had a shiny in around 10/11 years (my entire Pokemon career).... Yeah.

legaXy

Youngster Joey
Credits
My first shiny was Terakion in Black I believe. Had to look up what the extra special effects were for lol

Ravenstag

Youngster Joey
Credits
Not counting the red gyarados or my shiny oshawott that was through a trade, my first shiny I found yesterday was a shiny nincada that I found randomly in the wild.

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I have never caught a shiny. However when playing through pokemon platinum I was going through iron island with Riley and came across a shiny graveler. Riley's lucario killed it. That was my first time through platinum. Then on my 3rd or 4th playthrough I can't remember which. I found it again in the same spot. I killed lucario to prevent the same result but it blew itself up. So yeah that's my first and second shiny encounter.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I have never caught a shiny. However when playing through pokemon platinum I was going through iron island with Riley and came across a shiny graveler. Riley's lucario killed it. That was my first time through platinum. Then on my 3rd or 4th playthrough I can't remember which. I found it again in the same spot. I killed lucario to prevent the same result but it blew itself up. So yeah that's my first and second shiny encounter.

have you tried shiny chaining with dexnav? it works wonders. I use it all the time. Legit shiny farming is my fav

tmbate

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Eh. Too much work for something that would be sub par in battle. If I happen upon one then great but I'm not gonna spend hours searching for one.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Eh. Too much work for something that would be sub par in battle. If I happen upon one then great but I'm not gonna spend hours searching for one.

powersaves changes ur ot when u shiny it. Its nice to have a legit 1

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I don't powersave either.

powersaves saves so much time. I made my dexnav levels all 999 so farming legit shinys is easy. I know psaves also can change your pokemon shiny with one click but I love having the OT on mine.

DannySteeden

Pokémon Champion
Credits
My first shiny was an oddish in fire red and I was pretty young and new to pokemon so I didn't know until it was a vileplume and I saw one in the anime and it was a great surprise!

MistyAngel

Youngster Joey
Credits
What was the first shiny pokemon that you caught?
What version and where? :)

(In-game story shinies not included, ex Red Gyarados in crystal.)

Mine was Onix in Pokemon Crystal,Victory Road
For Fun Only

1379875027999.png

My first shiny was Flaaffy on Pokémon Platinum. I still have it : ) I only wish I could transfer it to my Pokémon Y. lol

testing