• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

All New August CoroCoro Reveals!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
There's been a lot revealed this month, so I'll go through it all as fast as possible!

Firstly, 3 new megas have been confirmed:

Mega Altaria w/ Pixilate - Dragon/Fairy
Mega Lopunny w/ Scrappy - Normal/Fighting
Mega Salamence w/ Aerilate - Dragon/Flying

corocoro9141th.jpg
corocoro9142th.jpg
corocoro9144th.jpg

Salamence and Altaria were definitely wanted by the community, but I still question the uses of Mega Lopunny. However, Pixilate and Aerilate will definitely be super powerful abilities on these Pokemon, especially with Altaria's change in typing.

Next, we have more information about the different types of Pikachu: they will have different special moves depending on its form, similar to Rotom. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press. I'm pretty intrigued about this - even though I'll probably never use them. Pictures are here:

corocoro9143th.jpg

The return of contests are also here, despite not much being revealed, but its confirmation at least gives us pictures:

corocoro9145th.jpg

And finally, at the bottom of that image, we can see a shiny variant of Beldum and Metagross, and it has been revealed that there will be an event in ORAS for a Shiny Beldum holding its Mega Stone, what I believe will be called the Metagrosite.

That's all the information for now, but we have got a lot! Comment on any more megas that you want!
- Matt_192

Last edited:

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
There's been a lot revealed this month, so I'll go through it all as fast as possible!

Firstly, 3 new megas have been confirmed:

Mega Altaria w/ Pixilate - Dragon/Fairy
Mega Lopunny w/ Scrappy - Normal/Fighting
Mega Salamence w/ Aerilate - Dragon/Flying

corocoro9141th.jpg
corocoro9142th.jpg
corocoro9144th.jpg

Salamence and Altaria were definitely wanted by the community, but I still question the uses of Mega Lopunny. However, Pixilate and Aerilate will definitely be super powerful abilities on these Pokemon, especially with Altaria's change in typing.

Next, we have more information about the different types of Pikachu: they will have different special moves depending on its form, similar to Rotom. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D. knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press. I'm pretty intrigued about this - even though I'll probably never use them. Pictures are here:

corocoro9143th.jpg

The return of contests are also here, despite not much being revealed, but its confirmation at least gives us pictures:

corocoro9145th.jpg

And finally, at the bottom of that image, we can see a shiny variant of Beldum and Metagross, and it has been revealed that there will be an event in ORAS for a Shiny Beldum holding its Mega Stone, what I believe will be called the Metagrosite.

That's all the information for now, but we have got a lot!
- Matt_192

Mega Altaria has the typing it needs, but its ability sucks completely. It should of got Multiscale imo. Mega Lopunny makes no sense since it is not a 3rd gen pokemon, in this case make Mega Hydreigon. Mega Salamence, they better make him better than what they made Mega Garchomp. I will go homicidal if they mess with my favorite dragon. I feel like the added defense equals lower speed therefore making it inferior to its regular non-mega form. Seeing Aerilate confirms my fears that this pokemon will be attack orientied, but they could do him up like Mega Pinsir. I just want my Mega Salamence to be good.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Mega Altaria has the typing it needs, but its ability sucks completely. It should of got Multiscale imo. Mega Lopunny makes no sense since it is not a 3rd gen pokemon, in this case make Mega Hydreigon. Mega Salamence, they better make him better than what they made Mega Garchomp. I will go homicidal if they mess with my favorite dragon. I feel like the added defense equals lower speed therefore making it inferior to its regular non-mega form. Seeing Aerilate confirms my fears that this pokemon will be attack orientied, but they could do him up like Mega Pinsir. I just want my Mega Salamence to be good.
Seconded, Mega Salamence needs to be a threat, not a terrible waste of a mega.

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
These look sick. Altaria was outclassed, hopefully it'll get a major stat boost.

Mega Salamence is gonna be a threat, it might be my go-to MEvo after this. ;)

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Although Mega Altaria's typing is amazing, I don't believe I'm going to be using any of these pokemon in Competitive play. There's not really any normal type Normal Type moves outside of Hyper Voice I think that would be any good on Altaria and, unless Salamence gets a huge attack and speed boost, there would be nothing putting him ahead of normal Choice Scarfed Moxie Salamence
No one gives a shit about Pikachu, Nintendo, you better calm your ass down xD

Contests seem fun, but meh I'm not all that into them

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
These look sick. Altaria was outclassed, hopefully it'll get a major stat boost.

Mega Salamence is gonna be a threat, it might be my go-to MEvo after this. ;)
Definitely using Salamence and Altaria, Lopunny will probably become a Mega like Abomasnow - practically never seen.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Although Mega Altaria's typing is amazing, I don't believe I'm going to be using any of these pokemon in Competitive play. There's not really any normal type Normal Type moves outside of Hyper Voice I think that would be any good on Altaria and, unless Salamence gets a huge attack and speed boost, there would be nothing putting him ahead of normal Choice Scarfed Moxie Salamence
No one gives a shit about Pikachu, Nintendo, you better calm your ass down xD

Contests seem fun, but meh I'm not all that into them
So true about the Pikachus, Nintendo's just trying to capitalise on its waning popularity with 5-year-olds again.

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
Mega altaria's typing is pretty amazing, and it does look a lot better as a mega compared to what it is now.
I probably wouldn't use it for competitive play either, not sure about mega salamance xD I have got a decent EM bagon soo.. Hmm :eek: I wanna see a mega raichu xD Lol

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
The fact that Altaria has what is now one of the best offensive and defensive typings in the game is a huge boon. Furthermore, Mega Altaria's ability suggests that it'll be more offensively oriented. The ability is great for it and it, providing it with Fairy-type STAB moves not called freaking Dazzling Gleam. It has Hyper Voice, which suggests that it will be a powerhouse similar to Mega Gardevoir, but maybe swapping speed for bulk. There isn't really much else that I can say about it because the concept is so perfect at this point.

Mega Salamence is interresting, but I expect that it will go straight to ubers in smogon regardless of what they do with its stats. Mega Salamence's Aerilate and access to Return, Double Edge, Thrash, and Hyper Voice as Flying-type STAB moves which are boosted even further by Aerilate suggest that it could work either physically or specially, and Dragon Dance will patch up the speed easily should Game Freak choose to go for a slower, bulkier attacker. However, when I look at the concept of Mega Salamence, it has all the qualities of a Y mega evolution (keeping a similar theme to its previous form, but shaking it up enough to give it a slightly different role), which suggests that Salamence might get an X and Y mega evolution, with Y maybe being a more defensively oriented form that harks back to its pre-evolutions' concepts. I hope to see an X mega with a similar concept to Shelgon and access to Overcoat like Shelgon has got. This is by far the most interresting mega out of all that were revealed.

When I heard about Mega Lopunny, what went through my head was "My god! Why would Game Freak make a mega evolution for something which was never particularly liked by the community (unlike Mawile, who was an incredibly interresting pokemon that people have always wanted a way to feasably use, and Ampharos, who has always been loved for its unique design and Raichu clone-status)? What the f*ck are Game Freak smoking?" This was my reaction when I found out about Mega Bannete, as, while its design is interresting, it has never really grasped the attention of the community. The things that make it interresting are Scrappy, being Fighting-type and the essential confermation of Close Combat. These are all things which are really not very thematic for Lopunny, which suggests that it is, in fact, and X evolution. Assuming this is the case, a more thematic Y evolution with something that maybe takes from its clumsy, jumpy, and (based on the method required to evolve it in generation 4 (not sure how it was done in 5 and 6)) "beautiful"/"pretty"/"cute"/"sexy" (because it is basically the pokemon equivilant of the playboy symbol) and maybe give it an ability which is considered clumsy (but not Klutz because it'd be wasted on a mega) - such as Reckless. Assuming it isn't an X evolution, this is no different from something like Mega Pinsir or Mega Heracross as they stray from their original concepts in at least one way (Mega Pinsir being Flying-type and a fast, frail attacker (rather than slow and bulky); Mega Heracross' Skill Link and a more tanky concept (rather than its previous concept which was a relatively fast, mildly bulky attacker), but I don't really know what they'll do with it if it is as it is one of those things which looks like it needs pairing with something - maybe this hints at Mega Purugly or something.

What I want to see in the next leak:
  • Mega Shiftry and Ludicolo
  • Mega Milotic
  • Mega Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Watchog, and Diggersby
  • Mega Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow, Staraptor, Unfeasant, and Talonflame
  • Mega Raichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne
  • Mega Luxray
  • Mega Eeveelutions
  • Mega Sharpedo and Camerupt
  • Mega Gallade

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I expect with these new megas Aegislash will probably end up being retested for OU.

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
As much as im SUPER HYPED for Mega Loppuny (my favorite normal type of all time and now ultimate ghost killer) i'm still waiting for Mega Unova and Kalos pokemon!

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Tbh, my next wanted megas are:
  • Mega Shiftry
  • Mega Flygon
  • Mega Camerupt
  • Mega Sharpedo
  • Mega Salamence (like @Marigi174 said, an OR version)
  • Mega Exploud
  • Mega Gallade
  • Mega Dusknoir
  • Mega Walrein
  • Mega Crawdaunt

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Idk what GF were thinking when they gave Mega Lopunny Scrappy tbh.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
yeah mega salamence with its crescent wing is really cool
mega ataria has a real strong typing so all in all good reveal

testing