• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Bring Prices Up!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Spinning_Poke_Ball_by_secondcrimson.gif
Discussion
Spinning_Poke_Ball_by_secondcrimson.gif

!VOTE TO BRING PRICES UP HERE!

Today in the shoutout box many people were crying out for a raise in the prices of the goods and services offered on the site! People feel that they just aren't making enough money for their time and effort breeding and genning these Pokemon like in the older days of the site.

If you think about it they have a point.

Prices for a perfect Kalos bred Pokemon can be anywhere around 50-200 pc now. That ranges from less than to a little over a dollar once cashed out.

The amount of time that it takes to breed a perfect Kalos pokemon and the amount of time it takes to Pokegen a full team or even a box of pokemon can take hours, and all for less then a dollar.

Not to mention that many peoples services come from the help of Powersaves, Action Replays, Pokebank, and actually owning a 3ds. Plus the time they put into making your pokemon experience more enjoyable and easy. The costs of just setting up shop are way to much for the prices that are currently set.

Now if your selling your pokemon for 30 cents a piece, it's going to take an extremely long time just to make back what you have spent in order to offer your services. You may not be able to make back the time and money you spent at all.

So I'll leave this question for everyone to discuss down below. "Are the services you or others offer really worth less than a dollar"?

Sellers, Would you be interested in raising prices?

Last edited:

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I support this idea 110%, and hope that this price rise will affect all shops, and stop the undercutters.

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
Yes. I agree and support this 100%.

As a breeder I would expect no less than 300PC for a basic KB Pokemon, 500PC for anything complicated (hidden powers, chain breeding for moves etc)

The amount of time and effort it takes to make these is worth much more than than the current prices being paid.

#change

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
This is a well done article on the conditions of the economy on the site. I don't even gen or anything but I agree the prices are too low for the effort!

steelers52

Youngster Joey
Credits
Im just find with where the prices are right now and you have to remember a lot of these pokemon are pre made or cloned and are just sitting in the pc waiting to be sold. Also to the people who will raise their prices there will always be that one store that sells super cheap and will take all your customes. Just my opinion

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
I support this idea as well! As a genner I can say that genning is actually quite tedious, and time consuming so raising the price would definitely make it feel like genning is worth the effort.

MaliciousMango

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
As a frequent buyer this worries me, I appreciate the low prices and the effort it takes to breed each individual pokemon, furthermore I have great respect for breeders as I recognize the amount of time and patience required to do the great job you do. However PC isn't easy to come by when you aren't a seller, and while I'm not necessarily opposed to a price raise asking the equivalent of $3.00 or $5.00 USD for a KB pokemon with hidden abilities or egg moves or even chain breeding is unreasonable. I would just ask that if you do intend to raise the prices, do so in moderation, and in proportion to the size and difficulty of the buyers request

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Im just find with where the prices are right now and you have to remember a lot of these pokemon are pre made or cloned and are just sitting in the pc waiting to be sold. Also to the people who will raise their prices there will always be that one store that sells super cheap and will take all your customes. Just my opinion

Take this into consideration, people with powersaves take a huge risk of losing everything every time they back up their save file to get more clones, in order to get the pokemon they either had to pay a lot of money to buy it from someone or breed it themselves. Also the cost of a powersave.

Their will always be that one person who sells for a little cheap in any situation in the world, Mcdonalds could sell hamburgers for 50 cents less then burger king, but does that mean burger king loses all their customers? no. People offer different services, some people are faster then others, some people could prefer one burger joint over the other because every time they go to one of them they mess out their order. A raise in price in general would still make everyone more money
:)

steelers52

Youngster Joey
Credits
Good point Cheza, but 500 pc ($5) for a kb poke with hidden powers is just ridiculous considering the game is $40.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
We could go back to original prices. Anyone want @doulie's shiny eevee for 2500 PC???

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Are you all creating a Trust? Or just agreeing in general to raise prices (which, according to history, never works)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Are you all creating a Trust? Or just agreeing in general to raise prices (which, according to history, never works)

We're seeing in general how many people would be interesting in a price increase.

Good point Cheza, but 500 pc ($5) for a kb poke with hidden powers is just ridiculous considering the game is $40.
? considering minimum wag in the US is around $8 an hour, and breeding a perfect shiny Kalos bred pokemon, egg moves, ev trained, battle ready etc + extra hidden ability (which are very hard to bred) can take over a few hours. 500 pc ($5) seems very reasonable, especially since it gets converted to $3.33 after the cash out fee.

steelers52

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would be shocked if this was anybodys main source of income. Most people do it just for a little pocket change. Plus this isnt like working at mcdonalds in the greasy restaurant flipping hamburgers. Breeders are chilling at their house playing a game they love.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I would be shocked if this was anybodys main source of income. Most people do it just for a little pocket change. Plus this isnt like working at mcdonalds in the greasy restaurant flipping hamburgers. Breeders are chilling at their house playing a game they love.

Maybe it's not their main source of income, but people still take time out of their lives to bred the pokemon alone side their actual jobs and breeding is the least fun part of the game. You can ask anyone how tedious it is and boring, that's why people submit "custom orders" or buy pokes from other people. They don't want to do it either. Maybe the price increase won't be as great as 500 pc, but any increase whether it be 300 to 400 pc would be great for breeders, and a little increase for genners would be nice considering the amount of steps and file making you have to go through in order to make one pokemon.

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
While I am more than happy for the prices to go up, personally, I feel that if the sellers are going to dismiss the people who object the idea, it's going to be hard for it to gain momentum. I know breeding takes a long time, I do feel what the pokes are sold for right now is too low. I have no issue with genned/pokesav being about 100-150, KB being 200-250, but sellers need to be realistic, you have been seeing these services for cheap, if you do put up prices and you go too high, buyers will just leave this site and go elsewhere to be. Maybe if you want to do this, get all sellers to agree to set prices, no under cutting and offer exact timelines in which the pokes will be complete. This is my opinion anyways :D

testing