Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
While I am more than happy for the prices to go up, personally, I feel that if the sellers are going to dismiss the people who object the idea, it's going to be hard for it to gain momentum. I know breeding takes a long time, I do feel what the pokes are sold for right now is too low. I have no issue with genned/pokesav being about 100-150, KB being 200-250, but sellers need to be realistic, you have been seeing these services for cheap, if you do put up prices and you go too high, buyers will just leave this site and go elsewhere to be. Maybe if you want to do this, get all sellers to agree to set prices, no under cutting and offer exact timelines in which the pokes will be complete. This is my opinion anyways :D

I respect your opinions and you have some good points haha, The purpose of this thread is to see how many people would be interested in a price increase. If people are interested and want to move forward with it then things will be taken a step forward and we'll have to gather everyone's opinions to see what a good new average should be. The prices you mentioned above seem pretty reasonable. So if everything goes nicely it might be something around there, but 50 pc for a perfect KB poke is crazy lol.

Making money in any amount from playing a game, particularly pokemon, sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Not when your practically giving stuff away.

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I'm behind this one step of the way.
But the problem reminds that one certain undercutter still remains and will not adhere to this.
And even if he claims he will I know for certain that he will in secret under cut us all.

The only course of action is to ostracize said individual and to warn new buyers about him.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I'm behind this one step of the way.
But the problem reminds that one certain undercutter still remains and will not adhere to this.
And even if he claims he will I know for certain that he will in secret under cut us all.

The only course of action is to ostracize said individual and to warn new buyers about him.

lmfao, assassins?

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
lmfao, assassins?
This isn't a joke.

Maybe because you just make your profits through genning means that you aren't affected by this, but the rest of us are and we can't do anything unless action is taken on that individual.

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
This isn't a joke.

Maybe because you just make your profits through genning means that you aren't affected by this, but the rest of us are and we can't do anything unless action is taken on that individual.

I'm sorry, but you can't force someone to stick to certain prices unless you do a set prices to begin with. Taking action, what exactly do you suggest without it damaging the reputation of the website?
Maybe I have misunderstood the reason for this site, it is meant to be a community where fans of the game can go and people help each other out. I think it is great you can buy pokes here and people can make money, but I think some of the sellers here need to be more realistic about what they want to achieve. If a price hike was to be taken to poll with an outcome of " you undercut we will punish you", people will refuse to agree.

Last edited:

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I'm not interested in raising prices honestly. That's just me though - ya'll can do whatever you want. It's the very nature of the market.

I made my shop for a very specific purpose.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
This isn't a joke.

I'm sorry, but you can't force someone to stick to certain prices unless you do a set prices to begin with. Taking action, what exactly do you suggest without it damaging the reputation of the website?
Maybe I have misunderstood the reason for this site, it is meant to be a community where fans of the game can go and people help each other out. I think it is great you can buy pokes here and people can make money, buy I need to think some of the sellers here need to be more realistic about what they want to achieve. If a price hike was to be taken to poll with an outcome of " you undercut we will punish you", people will refuse to agree.

@jakegow1 has a point, you wouldn't want to ruin the community, there will always be that one guy that sells for a little less and cuts himself short, but if there was a new base price range that a lot of people could agree too everyone could make a little more, whether someone sells for less or not. The new price wouldn't be anything extreme, but a nice little boost something sellers and buyers would be OK with would be a good change. Atm sellers aren't happy, so something should be done to make both sides happy. If sellers make a little more money so does the website.

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
tbh, I just joined the site, so I might be wrong, but under 100PC for any KB with 5+ IV in the right stats isnt much :/ I have no idea what the range is, but imo it can be easily 100PC for a perfect mon, and depending on the amount of chain breeds even more, I've seen pokes go for $5 on ebay so why cant they go for $1-$3 on here? :/

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
tbh, I just joined the site, so I might be wrong, but under 100PC for any KB with 5+ IV in the right stats isnt much :/ I have no idea what the range is, but imo it can be easily 100PC for a perfect mon, and depending on the amount of chain breeds even more, I've seen pokes go for $5 on ebay so why cant they go for $1-$3 on here? :/

Was going to be my next point, I agree, before I joined this site, I had nowhere to go if I needed a poke. If you go on ebay, they charge such a high amount yet clearly they do it because they can sell them that way. Its costs $5 to get 500PC right, I see no reasons why it cant be something like "2KB 6IVs for 500PC" or "4 genned/pokesav pokes for 500PC". People will say that is too expensive, but then people miss the point, it is a service people are providing, just because you want to use it doesn't mean it should be unreasonably cheap. As long as people don't ask for excessive amounts, I don't see why people should start to cry. Sellers will get less customers to start with, but they will make more PC, get pokemon done faster, which in return will regain the interest of people. I feel adding a little bonus to buyers will help the sellers go a long way, would ease the transition :)

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
Was going to be my next point, I agree, before I joined this site, I had nowhere to go if I needed a poke. If you go on ebay, they charge such a high amount yet clearly they do it because they can sell them that way. Its costs $5 to get 500PC right, I see no reasons why it cant be something like "2KB 6IVs for 500PC" or "4 genned/pokesav pokes for 500PC". People will say that is too expensive, but then people miss the point, it is a service people are providing, just because you want to use it doesn't mean it should be unreasonably cheap. As long as people don't ask for excessive amounts, I don't see why people should start to cry. Sellers will get less customers to start with, but they will make more PC, get pokemon done faster, which in return will regain the interest of people. I feel adding a little bonus to buyers will help the sellers go a long way, would ease the transition :)

People can say that its too expensive all they want... but its the average price... AND people forget, a lot of the sellers have actions... Like the more you buy, the more you get free, So its not that much of a price increase if you just buy in groups, and not poke per poke... cause then it gets expensive...

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
This website is designed to offer a way to get Pokemon through whatever means. With the built in PokeCredits offering a way to turn a profit for the time and effort you put into providing a service, it has developed an economy on the site. If we continue to allow people to sell for ridiculous prices such as 20pc for a Pokemon that took 3 hours to make, it will turn the economy on it's head and destroy the value of credits.

The way this system works is someone wants something in their game but they don't have time to do it themselves so they ask someone else to do it for them. In exchange for this SERVICE of let's say a few hours of work, someone would expect a fair pay. Who wants to work on something they don't want for three hours only to get a few pennies at the end? No one, it's illogical to defend such a position.

You may think to yourself that "Oh this is just you wanting to get paid more for playing a video game" but that's bad thinking. You should think of it more as "Oh, you don't want to spend your time doing it? Neither do I. But if you make it worth my time I'll do it for you while you relax!" Thirty cents for 3 hours of work is not worth my time.

Are you telling me that you would be willing to sell 3 hours of every day of your life for less than a dollar? THAT IS ABSURD.

little-drummer-boy-o.gif

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

I like you both already :)

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits

I like you both already :)

Just being logic and looking at the stats, most people might even be here just because its so insanely low priced, Sellers might move to ebay or another site to make more money... And dont worry about people leaving cause of the price increase, cause even with a $1-$3 price, they will be back once they see its still cheap, compared to other sites. XD

Like, I can get a new shop sells for low prices to gain some trust, but when u get trust, and feedback etc, you can also make your prices a normal amount for your effort. maybe an idea is to link peoples minimum sell price to the amount of positive feedback they get? like 20PC at 0 positive but for each 10 positive feedback's you need to make it 1 more to a maximum of 100 PC minimum? :/ (so from 0-80 positive feedback's you can be cheap to gain trust/feedback)

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I read through some of the comments on why prices should be raised and though my opinion is one - and seemingly an unpopular one at that. I still say prices should not be raised based on impulse.

I myself sell a service, and it does take time and effort. But if we go through this change, there's very little we can do as a whole from preventing a gang of people who are like-minded from suddenly saying, "I still think we aren't making enough PC, blackmail, harass and stop any merchant who doesn't agree to our position."

To clarify, when I first came here I wasn't specifically interested in "making this a better community." I am here specifically to do business. Nothing else. If you don't appreciate that comment, that's on you - not me. You cannot control the reason for why people gravitate to this site.

Moreover, when I first came to this site, I wasn't even particularly interested in merchanting, but I did find value in providing the service for the customers. Very quickly did I realize, it's very difficult to make PC as a newcomer unless you sell a service - I didn't want that to be an obstacle for my customers so I offer reduced rates for brand new forum members as an incentive for them to stay on the site a little longer. Hopefully long enough for them to stay interested in the PP community.

It's very dangerous for merchants to start working as groups because that in effect is very likely to bully and kill off any potential for a healthy competition.

Yungfaux

Hard at Work or Hardly Working
Staff member
Mod
Team Elite
Journalist
Credits
does it really take 3 hours with 6iv dittos and other means of faster breeding and ev training...
Yes, when you think about it for more than 10 seconds you have to breed the pokemon until you have it as 6iv which can take an hour in of itself. And even though you could get it on the first try, it can take an hour or more; breeding is very tedious. Training from level 1 to level 50 will guarantee you another hour, to an hour+half. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON IF YOU WANT IT TO BE SHINY. If you don't have a powersave, say goodbye to that shiny Pokemon.

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
I read through some of the comments on why prices should be raised and though my opinion is one - and seemingly an unpopular one at that. I still say prices should not be raised based on impulse.

I myself sell a service, and it does take time and effort. But if we go through this change, there's very little we can do as a whole from preventing a gang of people who are like-minded from suddenly saying, "I still think we aren't making enough PC, blackmail, harass and stop any merchant who doesn't agree to our position."

To clarify, when I first came here I wasn't specifically interested in "making this a better community." I am here specifically to do business. Nothing else. If you don't appreciate that comment, that's on you - not me. You cannot control the reason for why people gravitate to this site.

Moreover, when I first came to this site, I wasn't even particularly interested in merchanting, but I did find value in providing the service for the customers. Very quickly did I realize, it's very difficult to make PC as a newcomer unless you sell a service - I didn't want that to be an obstacle for my customers so I offer reduced rates for brand new forum members as an incentive for them to stay on the site a little longer. Hopefully long enough for them to stay interested in the PP community.

It's very dangerous for merchants to start working as groups because that in effect is very likely to bully and kill off any potential for a healthy competition.

But there is a difference in "cheap" and "almost for free"... If the same pokemon sell for $5 on another site, why would people become sellers on here? :/

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
But there is a difference in "cheap" and "almost for free"... If the same pokemon sell for $5 on another site, why would people become sellers on here? :/
I don't 'mind whatever people choose to do, but this..
5976cf1e27.png

This sort of mindset is why I'm not in support of the proposition.

It'll be too easy in the future to gang up on new merchants, and 'destroy' their hope of doing any business if they don't want to follow any recommendations.

In other words, you shouldn't be punished for not wanting to agree to something you had little say in.

Not to mention it's already easy to request a load of pokes from a current merchant, clone the stock and re-sell them at reduced prices to customers.

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
I don't 'mind whatever people choose to do, but this..
5976cf1e27.png

This sort of mindset is why I'm not in support of the proposition.

It'll be too easy in the future to gang up on new merchants, and 'destroy' their hope of doing any business if they don't want to follow any recommendations.

This will always be an issue... even if we have the prices we now have, there will always be some cheaper ones, but those undercutters will probably use PM and not a Thread, and usually would be less trusted/positive feedback, cause if they did, they dint have to cut. people will still buy from you if you deliver well and have nice service and the feedback to back it up :/

testing