Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Just being logic and looking at the stats, most people might even be here just because its so insanely low priced, Sellers might move to ebay or another site to make more money... And dont worry about people leaving cause of the price increase, cause even with a $1-$3 price, they will be back once they see its still cheap, compared to other sites. XD

Like, I can get a new shop sells for low prices to gain some trust, but when u get trust, and feedback etc, you can also make your prices a normal amount for your effort. maybe an idea is to link peoples minimum sell price to the amount of positive feedback they get? like 20PC at 0 positive but for each 10 positive feedback's you need to make it 1 more to a maximum of 100 PC minimum? :/ (so from 0-80 positive feedback's you can be cheap to gain trust/feedback)

That's a really smart idea :D

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
This will always be an issue... even if we have the prices we now have, there will always be some cheaper ones, but those undercutters will probably use PM and not a Thread, and usually would be less trusted/positive feedback, cause if they did, they dint have to cut. people will still buy from you if you deliver well and have nice service and the feedback to back it up :/

I appreciate where you're coming from and to me it sounds like, "I just wish I could earn more for the service I'm offering,"

That I support. But, it doesn't change my position.

steelers52

Youngster Joey
Credits
@Yungfaux no need to be rude... Also most buyers dont ask for 6iv unless they are genning. I dont know how you train your pokemon but when you take them to restaurant le Wow you can easily train it to level 50 in 30 min and make quite a bit of money also

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
I appreciate where you're coming from and to me it sounds like, "I just wish I could earn more for the service I'm offering,"

That I support. But, it doesn't change my position.
Its not "I just wish I could earn more for the service I'm offering" it is that I can... but on other sites, like ebay, meaning I wouldnt sell the really wothy stuff on here... :/ I'm sure other people think like this too and have maybe already sold the really good pokes on other sites cause they can earn more money there... Its not that i WANT to make more, as I don't even own any services yet at all, its that I know people can earn more on other sites, and then probably will do so eventually.

And about the under cutter issue, there are black markets in real life too, still people go to stores and stuff, so it wont matter. Black Market or under cutters are usually not really planed out either, unlike trusted sellers with threads and stuff where you make a clear deal. I myself would rather pay 3 times more money for a good looking trust worthy thread shop than any underground price cutter, just cause I want a good planning and be sure to get what i want, when i want and exactly how i want it.

@Yungfaux no need to be rude... Also most buyers dont ask for 6iv unless they are genning. I dont know how you train your pokemon but when you take them to restaurant le Wow you can easily train it to level 50 in 30 min and make quite a bit of money also

Yep, If you turn off all battle animations etc, and take a level 100 OP poke, then put 2 other pokes with lucky eggs in rotation battles in Le Wow, turn on Exp and Money bonus, give the OP poke Amulet, and ur level 50 even faster, and make tons of money for like EV meds XD

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I read through some of the comments on why prices should be raised and though my opinion is one - and seemingly an unpopular one at that. I still say prices should not be raised based on impulse.

I myself sell a service, and it does take time and effort. But if we go through this change, there's very little we can do as a whole from preventing a gang of people who are like-minded from suddenly saying, "I still think we aren't making enough PC, blackmail, harass and stop any merchant who doesn't agree to our position."

To clarify, when I first came here I wasn't specifically interested in "making this a better community." I am here specifically to do business. Nothing else. If you don't appreciate that comment, that's on you - not me. You cannot control the reason for why people gravitate to this site.

Moreover, when I first came to this site, I wasn't even particularly interested in merchanting, but I did find value in providing the service for the customers. Very quickly did I realize, it's very difficult to make PC as a newcomer unless you sell a service - I didn't want that to be an obstacle for my customers so I offer reduced rates for brand new forum members as an incentive for them to stay on the site a little longer. Hopefully long enough for them to stay interested in the PP community.

It's very dangerous for merchants to start working as groups because that in effect is very likely to bully and kill off any potential for a healthy competition.

I don't 'mind whatever people choose to do, but this..
5976cf1e27.png

This sort of mindset is why I'm not in support of the proposition.

It'll be too easy in the future to gang up on new merchants, and 'destroy' their hope of doing any business if they don't want to follow any recommendations.

In other words, you shouldn't be punished for not wanting to agree to something you had little say in.

Not to mention it's already easy to request a load of pokes from a current merchant, clone the stock and re-sell them at reduced prices to customers.

Higher prices have worked in the past and were the norm a few months ago. There is a lot we can do about blackmail and harassment it's called mods and admins. No mod or admin is going to sit by and let someone get harassed for not having the same prices as everyone else, and no reasonable person would sit back and let it happen without saying something or contacting someone of authority on the site. Your thinking of the very worst that could come out of the situation, and something like this is most likely not going to happen. You don't know what is going to happen until you try.

The community we have here is one of the best I have seen on a Pokemon website. Price ranges will be a thing to discuss and agree upon on a new thread if a huge majority of the people wish to increase sale prices. Still at a reasonable amount, but a little something to feel like your not doing it for nothing. When other sites charge a good amount of $ and people are selling things here for free pretty much.

For those with powersaves and back up save files an increased price would just be a little more money in their pocket, but for those who have to make files after files of Pokemon by hand and check to make sure everything is legal, and those who take hours to breed perfect Kalos Pokemon the current prices compared to those with powersaves isn't worth the time and effort it takes to make everything.

Price increases would be something that would give powersave users a little extra cash, breeders and genners get a fair pay for the work they do, and that buyers would be OK with paying.

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
If you guys think that $1-3 dollars is expensive for a service like this is, especially considering the amount of time we have to put in, then you guys need real jobs.

In the real world, let me tell you. Nothing is free. Ask a waitress at a restaurant. They get paid to SERVE you.

Now bring the same concept here. We are providing a SERVICE. A few dollars out of your pocket for an hour of my time is hardly anything to ask for.

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
If you guys think that $1-3 dollars is expensive for a service like this is, especially considering the amount of time we have to put in, then you guys need real jobs.

In the real world, let me tell you. Nothing is free. Ask a waitress at a restaurant. They get paid to SERVE you.

Now bring the same concept here. We are providing a SERVICE. A few dollars out of your pocket for an hour of my time is hardly anything to ask for.

I think $3 is nothing... If you have a normal job, you easily make $10 an hour, so working 2 hours for a whole perfect KB team, compared to the guy breeding this whole team, which can take up like 8 hours or more, isn't much to ask, in my opinion...

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Right. We aren't asking for minimum wage here. Just want to be compensated reasonably for our time.

Those of you who want something for nothing can go shop elsewhere anyways.

yup nothing extreme just a nice little boost in price so it's not for free. It should have never gotten this lower in the first place.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I do appreciate the sentiment a lot of the merchants expressed so far, and I especially appreciate the idea of a mod going out and saying, "You shouldn't have to worry about getting bullied for offering a service, that's what we're here for."

So thank you.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I do appreciate the sentiment a lot of the merchants expressed so far, and I especially appreciate the idea of a mod going out and saying, "You shouldn't have to worry about getting bullied for offering a service, that's what we're here for."

So thank you.

I appreciate you taking the time to express your opinions on the matter :)

cool1sasuke

Youngster Joey
Credits
The issue is that there are more sellers than buyers. Not everyone has access to buy pokecredits through paypal and if they do, it likely isn't from their own money if they're younger players. -cough, slowly raises hand- Most people here are probably still in school or maybe barely out of college, so they're unlikely to have a job of their own to pay for PC.

While I haven't actually bought any pokemon here yet and don't quite get how making some of these pokemon work, some people buy tools (powersaves, not sure what else people use), which I'm sure was meant for their own use. When a person can buy powersaves for themselves for $30 it's a bit absurd to charge too much for a pokemon using powersaves. However, I understand that it takes time to create the pokes. Maybe people should charge using a taxi fare method? Then again, one could always lie about how much time it spent them. Not much seems to be able to be done but I think 100-300 PC (I think is the current pricings?) is a perfectly fine atm. $5 is a bit absurd imo.

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
The issue is that there are more sellers than buyers. Not everyone has access to buy pokecredits through paypal and if they do, it likely isn't from their own money if they're younger players. -cough, slowly raises hand- Most people here are probably still in school or maybe barely out of college, so they're unlikely to have a job of their own to pay for PC.

While I haven't actually bought any pokemon here yet and don't quite get how making some of these pokemon work, some people buy tools (powersaves, not sure what else people use), which I'm sure was meant for their own use. When a person can buy powersaves for themselves for $30 it's a bit absurd to charge too much for a pokemon using powersaves. However, I understand that it takes time to create the pokes. Maybe people should charge using a taxi fare method? Then again, one could always lie about how much time it spent them. Not much seems to be able to be done but I think 100-300 PC (I think is the current pricings?) is a perfectly fine atm. $5 is a bit absurd imo.

I started here and did not have the money to buy credits. That's right. I started with nothing. No powersaves. No pokegen.

I bred Pokemon. THE LONG... HARD way. No help. Meaning I worked hard and became a reputable member of this community. You get what you put in. Those of you who give up so easily because "its too hard" obviously never learned that things are not handed to you. You have to work for what you want.

TLDR:: PC isn't that hard to make. Just work for it and stop complaining.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

I'm currently in school and selling Pokemon here.
There are ways of making pc on the site, creating your own shop, posting etc. To add to "people being in school and not having jobs" think of it this way, what if you did this for a little extra cash because you didn't have a job, because you where in school? Taking hours out of your day to make the Pokemon because others don't have time or patients too?

It could be hard for you to understand were the sellers are coming from if you haven't had a job, but the way the prices are know things are practically free.

The current prices for pokegen'd Pokemon are 50-70 pc (33-46 cents) and perfect Kalos bred Pokemon can go for around 100-200 pc (66-133 cents). Less to little over a dollar for hours of work. So the average isn't 100-300, but it would be nice if it was, and that's why we made this thread.

EDIT

I started here and did not have the money to buy credits. That's right. I started with nothing. No powersaves. No pokegen.

I bred Pokemon. THE LONG... HARD way. No help. Meaning I worked hard and became a reputable member of this community. You get what you put in. Those of you who give up so easily because "its too hard" obviously never learned that things are not handed to you. You have to work for what you want.

TLDR:: PC isn't that hard to make. Just work for it and stop complaining.

I share a similar story, I started off breeding and selling level 1, 4 iv Pokemon, with some egg moves, no 6 iv ditto just safari caught dittos. The sold for 40-50 pc each (back when prices where OK) and that got me a nice start. However with the current prices a level one, 4 iv, would go for maybe 20 pc or trashed. So higher prices could work in the favor of people starting off like this, being able to sell 4-5iv level 1 Pokemon for around 50 pc would be a great start for new people.

Last edited:

jakegow1

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits

I have never sold a single pokemon on this site, I never plan to do any selling on this as well, this site doesn't need to be solely about buying and selling and clearly this is what a lot of people are forgetting here. The people who do this mainly go to school or work, this is in their spare time, this is why I don't mind the price going up, that spare time is precious. If you don't want to put the work in getting the IVs, EVs, levels, abilities, moves etc. You can hire someone. If I didn't want to do the cleaning in my house, I would hire someone, I would pay what is deemed reasonable. I don't agree with people earning the minimum wage for the pokes though, you need to be semi reasonable, I know it takes time, but it isn't hard work, it's just mind numbing.

I get some of you may come here just to start a business, some people may come here just to buy, but a lot of people come here to get help building teams, for advice, to practice, surely this is the primary goal of this site. Sellers here can't keep thinking from the point of sellers, buyers shouldn't think from the point of buyers. You need to consider the other shoe, if you were selling/buying, what price would be okay with you?

People that can't afford to buy, remember, you can always trade, somebody will always be unhappy whatever choice you make, so make one that makes the most sense logically.

Rant over,
Love you all :D

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
well, im new here, but 20PC for a 4IV poke isnt a "bad" deal, as most people just trash 4IV pokes (I trash my 4 IV pokes all the time, even before i joined any site like this), cause getting 5IVs is really easy :/ I wouldn't speak to loud tho, as I'm new here, and don't know that much, also I dint even knew this site was more about one that the other thing :p So now that I know all that, I think the prices should be reasonable, but like you said, you can always offer trades of equal value if u don't have PC, even tho making PC is really easy, as i made like 50 in a few days on this site, just posting and meeting new people :p

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Here's the thing:

The biggest shops on the site (@Chaos, @selimpride) already have almost any pokemon that someone would ask for. So when you all talk about time breeding, they use a powersave. As long as you get a pokemon with 5 IVs, a person can use a pwersave to make it shiny, and then make a backup of it on the powersave.

Most of you say that a price increase is necessary to cover the time someone has put into breeding. But all they need to do is trade the 'mons and recieve the PC. Then they reset and *POOF* it's back.

Maybe genning should get a price boost (I've never done it and have no idea how so idk). But if the pokemon isn't custom (0 IV speed, ev training and leveling, etc) or one that you have in your box/bank, then it should be the price that it is now ($1).

Last edited:

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
I came here to sell - not to buy, but even I think $5 is a bit extortionate for one pokemon. Bare in mind I am from the UK, so $5 might be $3.33 or whatever you stated for you, it'd be a lot lower for me! I think the 'minimum' price should be raised a bit - maybe to 60pc minimum for things such as items - obviously pokemon should be no lower then 100pc.

Granted I sell v. low, but it is surely understandable that we as users undercut because of the situations we are in and how we need to look to make a little bit of extra £.

Other then this - @Cheza I thought I'd just add in, that I love breeding! It's like my favourite part of the game =D Maybe I'm just the odd one out.

Custom and KB 5/6IVs should be about 200pc minimum.
Maybe they can add in a system that doesn't let us transfer less then a certain amount. Or like an invoicing system. This is just my opinion :)

pplzdude

Just A Nice Guy
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Here's the thing:

The biggest shops on the site (@Chaos, @pplzdude, @selimpride) already have almost any pokemon that someone would ask for. So when you all talk about time breeding, they use a powersave. As long as you get a pokemon with 5 IVs, a person can use a pwersave to make it shiny, and then make a backup of it on the powersave.

Most of you say that a price increase is necessary to cover the time someone has put into breeding. But all they need to do is trade the 'mons and recieve the PC. Then they reset and *POOF* it's back.

Maybe genning should get a price boost (I've never done it and have no idea how so idk). But if the pokemon isn't custom (0 IV speed, ev training and leveling, etc) or one that you have in your box/bank, then it should be the price that it is now ($1).

You don't know what I do, so please do not say I make Pokemon shiny using that device, thanks.

Furthermore breeding is the most tedious and boring part of the game imo and in many people opinions. If you don't want to do it paying someone else a decent amount seems more than fair, not the minuscule amounts that everyone has gotten accustomed to.

Vyft

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
Tis true I guess, maybe I'm accustomed to the low prices because I only joined within like the past week or two. But in reality I suppose what you're saying is true, maybe I was wrong about the prices I said up there. D:

And those people may have alot more to offer then small time sellers like me- therefore they have a more successful shop. Plus by his reputation, hes pretty good.

testing