• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Rumors (Very Possible!)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire:

• StreetPass will be used to trade Pokémon and items.
  • Trainers can even make copies of their current team and trade them.
  • Secret Bases become special StreetPass Headquarters for players.
  • The Trick House and Contests make a return.
  • Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre, Mega Shiftry, Mega Swampert, Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Ludicolo are revealed in new video footage.
  • Pokémon-Amie will take the place of Berry Blending
  • An exclusive Friend Safari will allow trainers to get Pokémon from Pokémon X andPokémon Y.
These were all listed here: http://nintendonews.com/nintendo-e3/2014-rumors-predictions-news/

Some of these things are already confirmed and this site often gives away true information. These rumors are very probable and personally, I think Mega Ludicolo sounds insane

"Trainers can even make copies of their current team and trade them."
^
I've been doing this in my shop anyway but, this would be pretty detrimental to original teams and probably trading in general...

All of these things sound very possible and I guess we'll find out at E3, Feel free to discuss!

TheQuantumNexus

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I really want need Secret Bases back!
And Mega Ludicolo would be such a score!

Although, I really wasn't a big fan of Amie, so I guess I'm a little disappointed it's returning, but maybe that's something the community as a whole enjoyed whereas I simply did not. Oh well!

I cannot wait for ORAS!

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Wow! A freaking (possibly) mega ludicolo? That thing is already a threat haha.

I'm loving the sound of these rumors! I can't wait. I'm speechless. :D

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
I honestly doubt that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre will be a thing considering that the story in X & Y centered around Mega Evolution, and making it the center of attention in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire by giving the 3 Main Hoenn Legendary Pokemon Mega Evolutions (being the way it is that if Groudon & Kyogre get one Rayquaza will most likely get one) will just be an enormous stretch. Another thing that points away from Mega Evolutions are Mega Latios and Mega Latias. Being that the Eon duo will already have Mega Evolutions when the game is released, will 2 more really be necessary? Besides, nothing really changes besides the pokemon's color pattern.
I believe that the box covers for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire show new Formes of Kyogre and Groudon. On the box cover of the Japanese covers of the games, you can clearly see the Red Orb and the Blue Orb (Red on Ruby & Blue on Sapphire). Now I predict that the orbs will be actual hold-able items in the game now and will trigger some type of transformation when given to Groudon and Kyogre. But that's just my theory.

Last edited:

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
My boyfriend will be at e3 - I've already told him to get me all the pokemon deets :D

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
all very interesting

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Mega Ludicolo would be amazing! :D

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I believe that when the whole end of the world thing happens with Kyogre/Groudon that instead of you capturing it you must defeat the new formes (Omega Groudon and alpha Kyogre) kinda like B/W Kyurem

Ninety Nine

Youngster Joey
Credits
Anyone thought of new game mechanics being introduced? We all know that a burn lowers the attack stat. I'm predicting a new status is introduced, possibly called 'fear' or something to that effect that will reduce the special attack stat in the same way that a burn lowers attack. Or if a new status is not introduced they'll change poison to lower special attack similar to how the burn affects attack.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Anyone thought of new game mechanics being introduced? We all know that a burn lowers the attack stat. I'm predicting a new status is introduced, possibly called 'fear' or something to that effect that will reduce the special attack stat in the same way that a burn lowers attack. Or if a new status is not introduced they'll change poison to lower special attack similar to how the burn affects attack.

I can see that happening, fear sounds cool

Also nice sig xD

Ninety Nine

Youngster Joey
Credits
I can see that happening, fear sounds cool

Also nice sig xD

Thanks, its about time it happened to be honest. Physical attacking pokemon are taking a beating from crafty special attackers nowadays :)

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
This actually a great idea! and i definitely like the whole fear aspect making it originate from a dark or ghost type move makes a lot of sense as well. I myself have been wondering about this for awhile tbh but couldn't really come up with any ideas about it. xD

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits

Building on this, I think an ability that lowers special attack similar to Intimidate does for attack. Beyond that I think that the Mega Stones for Latios and Latias will be similar to how you get the mega stone for blaziken in x and y.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Building on this, I think an ability that lowers special attack similar to Intimidate does for attack. Beyond that I think that the Mega Stones for Latios and Latias will be similar to how you get the mega stone for blaziken in x and y.
Oh no those mega stones are definitely going to be Game exclusive, The one thats going to be event exclusive is diancie's.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I'm very for making Poke-teams available via Spot Pass, it'll devalue cheating devices. For those who already have cheating devices, then more power to you, you can make nice pokes readily available if you're feeling generous.

Though I do really appreciate Datel and other companies for not releasing full cheats for XY so far.. I hope they keep it that way. The party team mechanic is similar to how recruitment works in Spot Pass teams in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to roaming around in Hoenn, in general.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
But everybody would have your team

Yes, I don't see what's the problem. Of course, it wouldn't be as straightforward as getting the team, you'd have to beat the CPU using the spotpass team first.

L

Lvl69Teemo

Built in cloning of your team? Time to fill it up with NU Pokemon to show them the true power behind some of them!

testing